There are three key traits necessary for being successful in the field of business- self-reliance, confidence and independence and that is exactly what studying abroad equips you with. Universities and colleges abroad don’t just provide you with an exceptional education, they also help you develop skills necessary for tackling the daily challenges of the industry. The courses for an MBA from abroad, are designed in a manner that they help prepare global leaders for the marketplace. It can help you in developing a skill set in an area of your interest by providing you with the option of customizing your specialization in Business, Accounting, Digital Marketing, Human Resources, Economics, Global Management, Entrepreneurship and Healthcare, among others.
Why Pursue an MBA from Abroad?
Why is an international academic qualification so popular? What are the advantages of pursuing an MBA from top business schools of the world? Well, the reasons are endless. So, we have listed down some of the benefits of pursuing an MBA from abroad.
Also Read: Best Answer for Why MBA
Various Fields of Specialization
There are various disciplines for a specialization during an MBA such as- International Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance etc. Top Business and Management schools across the world provide a wide range of courses to choose from so that students can build a strong career in the field of their interest.
Also Read: MBA Career Options
Combine Knowledge and Practice
The Business trends are changing worldwide, by choosing to study in modern cities like London, Berlin, Paris etc, students get a chance of being at the epicentre of all global changes. This gives them an opportunity for learning. The courses too are designed in a way that students are equipped with both practical and theoretical knowledge. The universities provide students with internship opportunities to give them a global outlook as well as help them understand how to meet the industry standards.
Also Read: Career Objective for MBA Graduates
Develop a Global Business Network
While pursuing an MBA from abroad, students get an opportunity to learn from the global leaders in the Business world and professors who are working professionals in this field. Also, reputed Business schools have established a great connection with world-renowned brands and corporations who offer internship and training programs for students.
Lucrative Employment Opportunities
Global Business schools have a large database of employers, therefore it is easier for students pursuing an MBA from abroad to grab an opportunity to explore some of the top Business and Management companies. During the duration of the course, students are provided with opportunities to meet potential employers, build rapport and connections so as to getting hired as a potential candidate after graduation.
Also Read: Job Oriented Courses after MBA
Earn a Higher Package
Pursing an MBA from abroad, that too from a top Business school, gives you the benefit of earning a higher salary package in some of the top global Business companies. However, a degree is not the only criteria, you are expected to develop your skills and expertise in the field of Business and Management. This comes with core knowledge and understanding about the field of study, building proficiency from training and internship programs and working on your inner strengths and capabilities.
It is sometimes difficult for working professionals to leave their job and pursue a full-time MBA from abroad. Therefore, Business schools have come up with part-time MBA programs, online MBA, Executive MBA and other learning options. This type of learning process allows working professionals to get academic education and boost their career.
Also Read: Executive MBA Programs
Helps Build Entrepreneurial Skills
Pursuing an MBA from one of the top Business schools not just provides you with a world-class academic qualification, it also gives you an opportunity to explore a new country, meet new people, understand their nationality, languages and culture. Moreover, you get a chance to interact with some of the big business companies and their leaders. This helps you develop a new perception and vision for understanding how businesses operate and ways to manage it. An MBA from abroad also aims at helping students understand that risk-taking is a positive Business trait and thus promotes working on one’s entrepreneurial instincts.
Move Out of your Comfort Zone
MBA from abroad can be both exciting and intimidating. While pursuing a degree from an international university opens the door to some amazing global opportunities, they come with their own set of challenges. Pursuing a degree from abroad will constantly push your boundaries and force you to move out of your comfort zone.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- A 3 or 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution or university.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a related field. Some universities may ask for longer work experience.
- Updated Resume/CV
- 2 letters of recommendation (academic and professional)
- Personal Statement (template is mentioned on the university page)
- Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Cambridge English
Also Read: How to write SOP for MBA
Top Universities and Business Schools for an MBA from Abroad
For potential Business and Management professionals, choosing a suitable university for an academic qualification is a major decision. This will affect everything from the specialization they study, to the networking opportunities that will open up from them. Making the right decision is paramount, so we have listed down universities and Business schools from around the world that offer excellent education and opportunities for growth and success in the business world.
United States of America
The country where the MBA originated, the USA has been known for providing quality education in the field of Business. The University of Pennsylvania first opened the doors for an MBA when The Wharton School of Business was founded in 1881. The USA has several top-ranking universities for an MBA. Many international students consider the USA as their first choice for an MBA from abroad.
Top MBA Universities in the US:
- Stanford University – Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Harvard University – Harvard Business School
- University of Pennsylvania – The Wharton School
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Columbia University – Columbia Business School
- UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Northwestern University – The Kellogg School of Management
- Michigan Ross School of Business
- Yale University – Yale School of Management
Canada is a well-known destination among international students aspiring to study abroad. Canada has some of the top-ranking universities and business schools offering an excellent academic qualification in the field of Business and Management. Moreover, studying MBA in Canada is very affordable as compared to other foreign countries like the US or UK.
Top Universities for MBA in Canada
- University of Toronto – Rotman School of Management
- McGill University
- Western University – Ivey Business School
- York University – Schulich School of Business
- Queen’s University – Smith School of Business
- HEC Montréal
- Sauder School of Business
- Concordia University – John Molson School of Business
- University of Alberta – Alberta School of Business
- Simon Fraser University – Beedie School of Business
Europe has strongly built its reputation in terms of providing an excellent education in Business and Management along with efficient training and internship programs. The extensive curriculum of business schools in Europe aims at creating future business professionals and experts. In comparison with the US study pattern, a full-time MBA program in Europe may last for a year. There are a smaller number of students in one class, thereby increasing the impact of education and providing detailed knowledge to individual students.
Top Universities for MBA in Europe
- University of London – London Business School
- INSEAD, France
- HEC Paris
- IE University – IE Business School
- University of Oxford – Saïd Business School
- ESADE Ramon Llull University
- University of Navarra – IESE Business School
- Imperial College London – Imperial College Business School
- University of Cambridge – Judge Business School
- Bocconi University – SDA Bocconi School of Management
Asia is known to be the land of the oldest civilizations on Earth, shaping the world significantly through the centuries. Since most of the production and manufacturing takes place in Asia, it is quite affordable to pursue an MBA in Asia. There was a time when international companies could not do business in Asia. However, with the advancement in technology and China becoming a major player in international commerce, the business has taken a drastic change. A lot of Western universities and Business schools are opening campuses in Asia, which is an added advantage, thus making it a good MBA from abroad choice.
Top Universities for MBA in Asia
- INSEAD, Singapore
- China Europe International Business School
- The University of Hong Kong
- National University of Singapore – NUS Business School
- Nanyang Technological University – Nanyang Business School
- HKUST Business School
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- City University of Hong Kong
- Antai College of Economics & Management
- Hitotsubashi University Business School
Geographically, Oceania is a region made up of New Zealand, Australia, New Guinea and other surrounding island nations. MBA programs in the universities and Business schools of Oceania, especially in Australia and New Zealand have been cemented in recent years because of their enviable lifestyle and strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Top Universities for MBA in Oceania
- University of Melbourne – Melbourne Business School
- University of New South Wales Business School
- Monash University – Monash Business School
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Western Australia’s Business School
- ANU College of Business and Economics
- Deakin University – Deakin Business School
- University of Otago Business School
- RMIT University
- La Trobe University
Also Read: MBA in Australia for Indian Students
Latin America is still an undiscovered land in terms of an MBA, it still offers a number of world-class courses for students who are planning to pursue an MBA from abroad. With fast growth and development taking place in Latin America, Business schools in countries like Mexico, Brazil, Chile and Costa Rica have interesting MBA courses that promote leadership and entrepreneurship.
Top Universities for MBA in Latin America
- Monterrey Institute of Technology – EGADE Business School
- INCAE Business School
- Panamerican University – IPADE Business School
- Austral University – IAE Business School
- University of Chile
- FIA Business School
- EAFIT University
- ESAN University – ESAN Graduate School of Business
- University of Palermo – Graduate School of Business
- Adolfo Ibáñez University
If you’re excited to catalyze your dream of pursuing an MBA from abroad at one of the top business schools, the experts at Leverage Edu can help you find a suitable specialization to advance your career in Business and Management.