If you want to reach high on the corporate ladder but don’t want to put years in gaining work experience, ISB YLP is the step that you should take today! The pressure to make the right choice is immense. Signing up for management courses is a popular choice made by students. But most of the top B-schools require work experience and an excellent academic profile. Wondering if there is any B-school that lets you in without work experience? Well, the answer is yes! The Young Leaders Program at Indian School of Business is a foundation program that helps high-potential college students secure admission in PGP in Management.
This Blog Includes:
ISB YLP Key Features
ISB YLP is a key program of Indian School of Business and has been ranking high in many international criteria. Here are some of the key features of ISB Young Leaders Program:
- ISB YLP ranks #23 in Financial Times Ranking
- ISB YLP ranks #5 in Asia Financial Times Ranking
- ISB YLP ranks #3 by Salary Increase in Financial Times Ranking
- The institute has 10 Research Centres and Institutes
- The institute is connected with 50+ schools for their exchange programs
- The institute has a network of 11500+ alumni
- The ISB Faculty is world-renowned with key leaders taking class sessions
- Senior ISB experts provide mentorship to the students
- The institute has four extensive learning weekends for their students that are in a gap of six months
What is ISB YLP?
Introduced in 2012, ISB Young Leaders Program (YLP) is a foundation program for aspiring students wanting to secure admission in ISB’s PGP, which is India’s #1 MBA program! It is a great foundation course for those aiming to pursue an MBA as it can equip you with the insights you need into management education thus is a perfect fit for undergraduates from diverse educational backgrounds.
Once their admission is confirmed, they are expected to attend four-weekend sessions conducted in a gap of six months. Students are mentored and guided by experts for a smooth transition from student life to a professional environment. It inculcates personal attributes that would make them future leaders and provide them with a well-grounded platform to identify their career goals.
During the ISB YLP program, you will learn immensely through interactions with their peers from diverse backgrounds and the students on campus While the candidates are on a two-year break, are expected to hunt for a suitable job that would expose them to multiple learning opportunities. Once the candidate has gained the required hands-on experience, they would be eligible to join the PGPM batch at ISB.
Who can apply for ISB YLP?
ISB Young Leaders Program (ISB YLP) is specially designed for college students who are passionate about their ISB dream. Here are the eligibility requirements for ISB YLP Program:
- The applicant should be currently studying in a college/university.
- The applicant should be in the pre-final or final year of their program.
- Those with zero work experience are also eligible for the ISB YLP program.
Interestingly, through the ISB Young Leaders Program (ISB YLP) program, students secure their admissions in the PGPM program even before they have their graduation degree.
However, they might have to wait for another 2 years until they begin taking classes for a regular PGP in Management. After graduating, students have to gain 1.9 years of working experience before they join the class of ISB. But if you apply directly to ISB Post Graduate Program, you need an average experience of 4 years, so anyway you save 2 whole years, Isn’t that amazing??
Who is the Young Leaders Program looking for?
Once you know that you are eligible for the program, it does not qualify you for actually getting admission. Every school has a certain requirement from their candidates that goes beyond eligibility. Here is what ISB YLP is looking for:
- High Academic Results
- 700+ GMAT Score
- Awards and Initiatives in College
- Compelling Essays from the student
- Impressive recommendation letter from school faculty
- Students with Extracurricular Experience
- Students with leadership quality or potential
- Other personal attributes of students
ISB YLP Fee Structure
ISB YLP program takes more fees in comparison to other top business schools in India. However, the holistic experience that ISB offers compensates for it along with the high average package offered to students.
After getting confirmation, you need to submit a non-refundable fee of INR 1,00,000+ tax to reserve your seat in the program.
Every applicant selected through the ISB Young Leaders Program (ISB YLP) is awarded a scholarship of INR 100,000. Students who wish to apply for a scholarship under any of the categories listed by the school can do so. ISB Hyderabad and ISB Mohali offer numerous scholarships each year that are based on a student’s merit, or need.
ISB YLP 2021
In order to apply for ISB YLP programme, you need to follow a four step process with specific deadline that includes:
|Step||Procedure||ISB YLP Dates||Result|
|Step 1||Application Form, Essay, Application Fees||March 28, 2021||May 05, 2021|
|Step 2||GMAT/ GRE, Essay, 1 Evaluation||August 31, 2021||Between August 31, 2021 and November 5, 2021|
|Step 3||Interview||August 31, 2021 to November 5, 2021||November 10, 2021|
How to Apply for ISB YLP?
There are the 3 main stages of ISB YLP application process which are as follows:
- Stage 1: Submit the application form along with an essay and the application fee, i.e. INR 13,000
- Stage 2: Submit GMAT/GRE scores with a Letter of Recommendation and two essays.
- Stage 3: Interview with ISB Admissions team at one of their campuses.
The essay question for ISB YLP Stage 1 is:
- Narrate any incident that had a profound influence on you.
- Write about your personality and how YLP would help you develop yourself further.
Word limit: 300 Words
While writing this essay, make sure to honestly reflect on your past personal and professional experiences, highlight how your profile stands out from the crowd and keep the word limit in mind.
Here are the essentials and documents required for ISB YLP Stage 1 Application:
- Personal details and academic records and transcripts
- Certificates of Awards and Achievements, if any
- One Essay
- Application Fee
Apart from these, you will need a Letter of Recommendation, GMAT/GRE scores and two essays for the Stage 2 of ISB YLP application.
Procedure from YLP to PGP
ISB YLP is a programme specially made for students who want to study in ISB but do not have enough work experience. ISB YLP programme prepares students for that. Here is the procedure for reaching ISB PGP from ISB YLP
- Apply to ISB YLP during the pre-final or final year of your UG program.
- After getting accepted from YLP, gain work experience for 20 months
- Attend learning weekends at ISB YLP to connect with PGP students, and world class faculty of ISB.
- Once you have finished your work experience, you will join ISB Post graduate program.
An ISB YLP candidate gets the same opportunities as an ISB PGP student. Indian School of Business is famous for its high package placements. The companies that take students from Indian School of Business are some of the Fortune 50 companies. Many students have a dream to be a part of these organizations and ISB YLP program takes that dream to you in a shorter period of time than other programs of ISB itself. There are more than 220 companies that come to ISB for recruitments. Here are some of the top companies that hire from Indian School of Business:
- Axis Bank
- The Boston Consulting Group
- McKinsey & Co
- Schneider Electric
ISB PGP program’s average package in 2020 was INR 26.5 LPA, highest of all time. Students had a 124% increment from their previous employment pre-ISB.
Some of the top fields in ISB are:
|Field||Student Percentage that get recruited|
ISB YLP vs Regular Admits
The only difference between ISB Young Leaders Program (ISB YLP) admits and regularly admits is in terms of their application procedure. As soon as they attain the required work experience, they become a part of the regular PGPM batch.
They are taught by the same faculty and get the same opportunities in terms of placements and outreach programs. So if you think ISB Young Leaders Program might limit your chances of learning at ISB in any way, rest assured because it only brings more opportunities.
Each year, close to 5000 students apply to the Indian School of Business‘s flagship course through the ISB Young Leaders Program. The institute has approximately 8-10% seats reserved for its applicants who are applying for a deferred admission in Post Graduate Program in Management.
While ISB has a considerable number of seats reserved for students pursuing Bachelor’s, other options are worth a thought before taking the next step forward. Students must ask an expert to calculate if they should secure a deferred admission in ISB or not. Either way, if ISB is your dream college, you have a complete guide that will walk you through the admissions procedure, deadlines and other details you should know right away.
We hope this blog explained everything about ISB YLP. If you want to sign up for the program and need assistance regarding the same then Leverage Edu experts are just a call away. Get in touch to make the most of this excellent opportunity!