Are you looking to pursue an MBA from one of the most sought after study abroad destinations? Oxford University has earned a distinctive reputation for brilliance in education and teaching. The Oxford MBA programme provides rigorous academic training and hands-on experience that builds a solid foundation in core business principles while focusing on the role of business in society. The students will gain the skills and insight required to lead a fruitful career. This blog will elaborate on all the relevant information required to pursue MBA in Oxford University, from the application process to scholarships and more!
|Duration||1 year; full-time|
|Fees (1 year)||INR 60.3 Lakh|
|English proficiency||IELTS, TOEFL|
|Affiliated with||Said Business School|
Table of contents
About MBA in Oxford
The University of Oxford, established in 1096 and situated in Oxford, England, is the oldest and one of the most renowned universities. Helping students tackle complex world-scale problems which can take them anywhere in the increasingly connected world, Oxford’s MBA is a one-year, top-ranked MBA programme comprising of:
- intensive series of stimulating lectures
- energetic seminars
- small groups work
By your affiliation with the Oxford MBA you will come across a wide variety of individuals from non-business backgrounds and participate in a lively intellectual community.
Saïd Business School
At the Saïd Business School, MBA students get the opportunity to engage with faculty from the wider University, experts and other student groups during the electives. As part of this full-time programme you will complete the GOTO (Global Opportunities & Threats: Oxford) course, a school-wide community of learning to which MBA students, Executive MBA participants, alumni and faculty are invited to participate in a process of critical engagement with a fundamental global theme.
Oxford 1+1 MBA
Apart from the regular one-year MBA programme, The Oxford University also offers the Oxford 1+1 MBA, a 2 year graduate program that combines a specialised, one-year master’s degree with a top-ranking, one-year MBA.
Through the 1+1 programme, Saïd Business School is partnering with 16 other University departments to link a wide range of specialised master’s courses to the MBA. After the completion of this course, you will benefit from the development of two complementary networks of alumni through Oxford’s collegiate experience; and you will be identified by employers as having detailed subject knowledge, combined with highly developed delivery skills.
Candidates accepted to the 2021-23 MBA 1+1 programme will undertake their master’s course during the 2021-22 academic year and their MBA during the 2022-23 academic year.
MBA in Oxford Important Dates
Application deadlines for the Oxford MBA class of 2022-23:
|STAGE 1||31 August 2022|
|STAGE 2||12 October 2022|
|STAGE 3||4 January 2023|
|STAGE 4||22 March 2023|
Final decisions deadline for 2022-23:
|STAGE 1||26 October 2022|
|STAGE 2||7 December 2022|
|STAGE 3||8 March 2023|
|STAGE 4||17 May 2023|
Application Process for MBA in Oxford
Here is the application process for an MBA in Oxford:
Submit your Application
Candidates need to submit their online application form meeting the application requirements, by the deadline.
- Go to their website https://apply.sbs.ox.ac.uk/apply/ and click on ‘log-in’ or ‘create an account’ if you are a new user.
- Enter your personal information that includes name, email, date of birth, etc.
- You will receive an activation mail on your email address. After activation you need to create a password.
- Choose your preferred course type and start filling out your application details as per the instructions.
Prepare for the Interview
Your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee. Once you are shortlisted, you will be notified on the interview decision deadline.
- Interviews will be conducted by either a faculty member, senior member of our administrative staff, or an industry adviser.
- Your interview can take place in Oxford, overseas (subject to availability), or via video conference (i.e. Skype, Zoom, or similar).
- Interviews last approximately 30 minutes and you will be asked questions about your background, aspirations, and how the MBA programme fits with your plans.
Once all interviews have been conducted, the admissions committee decides which candidates will receive an offer to join the MBA programme. If you receive an offer, you will need:
- To pay a deposit fee of INR 8,84,000.
- Confirm your college preference
In some cases, before making a final decision the committee may decide to re-evaluate your application against candidates applying in the next stage. In the final stage, if the committee wishes to offer you a place on the programme but the class is full, you might be placed on a waitlist.
Here are the documents required for an MBA in Oxford:
- Full university degree academic transcripts.
- A one-page CV containing relevant professional experience.
- GMAT or GRE score report.
- English proficiency test (if required).
- Two professional/academic references
- Supporting statement: Mention the things that are not covered in your application which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you. (Maximum 250 words)
- Online assessment: You will need to complete five questions via an online assessment platform, that includes 2 motivation based and 2 competency-based questions.
- A completed online application form along with an INR 15,436 application fee.
Here is the eligibility criteria for an MBA in Oxford:
- All applicants are required to have completed a recognised undergraduate degree. Your mark sheets must outline the subjects studied or grades obtained from each academic year.
- You should have at least two years of full-time work experience, detailed on a one page CV. If your original transcripts are not in English you must also supply an official translation.
- There is no minimum GMAT score, but GMAT scores of 650 or above are considered competitive. Their current class has a median GMAT score of 690.
- A GRE verbal score of 160 and a quantitative score of 160 is considered competitive, however, they accept all scores.
- English proficiency test;
Scholarships for MBA in Oxford
For the 2021-22 academic year, the Oxford University expects to be able to offer up to 1,000 full or partial graduate scholarships for new students. Scholarships are usually awarded on the basis of academic excellence and potential, but the eligibility criteria for different scholarships may vary. Following are the names of some scholarships provided for the students pursuing the MBA degree:
|Rhodes Scholarship– MBA||Rs. 57,50,304|
|Felix Scholarships– University of Oxford (MBA)||Rs. 79,95,953|
|Chevening Scholarships– University of Oxford (MBA)||–|
|Said Business School Foundation Scholarship||–|
We hope this blog helped you know all about the MBA in Oxford University. Are you looking to pursue an MBA from abroad? Let the experts at Leverage Edu guide book your free 30 minutes of e-counseling with the team now! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook!