Similar to regular MBA programs, Executive MBA is specially designed for early, mid, and senior-level working professionals who hold a significant amount of experience in the industry in executive roles. These Executive MBA Programs cater to such individuals’ specific needs and requirements in understanding the problems and issues a company faces. These individuals already have an overview of the mechanics and Business Management of the corporate world, they are efficient enough to pursue this course. The Indian Institutes of Management [IIM] is counted amongst the world’s best and assuredly, in India. In this blog, we will scale the opportunities of pursuing an Executive MBA from IIM!
This Blog Includes:
- What is Executive MBA?
- What Does an Executive MBA Program From IIM Entail?
- Eligibility Criteria for Pursuing Executive MBA from IIM
- What Will be the Fees to Complete Executive MBA from IIM?
- Executive MBA from IIM: Selection Process
- Executive MBA from IIM: Courses
- Other Executive MBA Programs
- Career Prospects
- Job Opportunities
What is Executive MBA?
An Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) is a graduate-level business degree designed for experienced professionals seeking to advance their careers. It provides a comprehensive and accelerated curriculum that combines business theory, leadership development, and practical applications. The EMBA program is specifically tailored for individuals who work full-time, with classes typically held on weekends or during evenings. It offers a collaborative learning environment where executives can enhance their strategic thinking, decision-making, and managerial skills. The program focuses on real-world business challenges and provides networking opportunities with industry peers. Graduates of EMBA programs gain a competitive edge and expanded career opportunities in senior management and executive roles.
What Does an Executive MBA Program From IIM Entail?
Particularly, executive degree programs are offered in disciplines ranging from core fields like Finance, Business Management to emerging fields like Sports Management, Leadership, Enterprise Management, etc. Moreover, an Executive MBA from IIM, which runs for varying durations [1-2 years] equips you with the right tools and techniques to gear you up for senior executive roles in higher echelons of management. While the structure of the course is different, the syllabus of comparable programs offered to freshers and executives greatly matches. You can get residential as well as weekend study options at IIMs.
Eligibility Criteria for Pursuing Executive MBA from IIM
The most significant eligibility criteria adopted for the selection of candidates by IIMs is the possession of at least 3 years of experience which can be extended up to several years depending upon the nature and aim of the course. However, the other major components of admission are largely similar to the regular MBA programs. Eligibility criteria for Executive MBA from IIMs have been enlisted below:
- Valid GMAT/CAT/GRE scores or, Independent examinations held by institutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in any discipline from a recognised and accredited college/university with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of work experience. However, this requirement can vary from one IIM to another.
The dates of application and commencement of an Executive MBA from IIMs are not uniform and vary from one institute to another. You are advised to visit official university websites for official information.
What Will be the Fees to Complete Executive MBA from IIM?
This is one of the most important questions students ask before pursuing MBA courses from IIM. The fees to study and execute MBA from IIM will range from INR 5 Lakh to 28 Lakj, depending on the college you’re choosing. Many institutes also offer international immersion programs, for which the fees might increase.
Executive MBA from IIM: Selection Process
While submission of an online application duly filled with all the necessary details and documents is an absolute must for consideration, the selection procedure may be conducted in two to three stages. This may consist of a written ability test and a personal interview. In the Personal Interview, the panel concentrates on the evaluation of relevant work exposure, interpersonal skills, leadership abilities and potential, social awareness, problem-solving and critical thinking of the applicants. The merit list is prepared based on all these parameters.
Executive MBA from IIM: Courses
Executive management courses offered at IIMs may vary in duration and area of specialization from institution to institution. To ease the efforts of picking the right Executive MBA from IIM, here we list down all relevant programs.
|IIM Calcutta||MBA for Executives
Post Graduate Program for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP in Management for Executives [1 Year]|
|IIM Bangalore||Executive PGPM or MBA [1 Year]
PGP Enterprise Management or Weekend MBA [2 Years]
|IIM Indore||PGP in Management for Working Executives
Executive PGP in Management
|IIM Lucknow||PGP in Management for Working Executives
International Programme in Management for Executives [1 Year]
|IIM Rohtak||Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management
PGP in Management for Executives
|IIM Kozhikode||Executive PGP-Interactive Learning Mode
Executive PGP-Kochi Campus
PGP in Business Leadership [1 Year]
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||Executive PGP in Management|
|IIM Visakhapatnam||PGP for Experienced Professionals
Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Business Management for Experienced Professionals
|IIM Ranchi||PG Executive Programme in Management|
|IIM Sambalpur||PGPX [to be launched]|
Note: PGP here implies “Post Graduate Programme in Management”. This list is being updated with time.
Other Executive MBA Programs
IIFT Executive MBA and ISB PGPMAX Program are also quite popular among management aspirants in the country. While talking about Executive MBA in India, ISB is another leading business school in India that provides an array of management courses to students. Enlisted below are some of our articles on the same:
After completing an Executive MBA (EMBA) program, individuals can expect a range of career prospects and opportunities. Here are some potential outcomes:
- Advancement within the current organization: EMBA graduates often leverage their newly acquired skills, knowledge, and expanded network to move up the corporate ladder. They may be considered for promotions to higher-level management positions or executive roles within their existing companies.
- Transition to a new industry or function: EMBA programs equip professionals with a broad set of business skills, making them attractive candidates for leadership roles across various industries. Graduates may pursue career switches, moving from one industry to another, or transitioning into different functional areas, such as finance, marketing, operations, or consulting.
- Entrepreneurship and business ownership: EMBA programs instil entrepreneurial thinking and provide the necessary knowledge and tools to start and run a successful business. Graduates may choose to launch their own ventures, leveraging their newfound business acumen and strategic acuity.
- Consulting and advisory roles: The EMBA degree enhances problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, making graduates well-suited for consulting or advisory positions. They can offer their expertise to organizations in need of strategic guidance, process improvement, or operational efficiency.
- Global career opportunities: Many EMBA programs offer international exposure and a global perspective on business. This position graduates for international assignments, overseas postings, or leadership roles in multinational corporations, providing the chance to work in diverse cultural and business environments.
- Executive and board-level positions: EMBA graduates are often sought after for executive-level positions, such as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), or members of corporate boards. The program equips them with the necessary leadership, strategic thinking, and decision-making skills for these high-level roles.
The job opportunities and salaries after completing an Executive MBA (EMBA) can vary significantly based on factors such as industry, location, level of experience, and individual negotiation skills. However, here are some general examples of job roles and salary ranges in Indian Rupees (INR):
- Senior Manager/Head of Department: As a senior manager or department head, individuals can expect salaries ranging from INR 15-30 lakhs per annum, depending on the industry and company size.
- General Manager: General managers oversee multiple departments or divisions within an organization. Salaries for this role can range from INR 20-50 lakhs per annum, depending on the industry and the company’s scale of operations.
- Director/Executive Director: Directors and executive directors are responsible for strategic decision-making and managing overall organizational performance. Salaries for these positions can range from INR 30-80 lakhs per annum or more, depending on the industry and company size.
- Business Development Manager: Business development managers focus on identifying new opportunities, building relationships, and expanding the organization’s market presence. Salaries can range from INR 10-25 lakhs per annum, depending on the industry and the scope of responsibilities.
- Consultant: Management consultants work with various organizations to provide strategic advice and solutions. Salaries can vary widely depending on the consulting firm, experience level, and project type. Entry-level consultants may earn around INR 8-15 lakhs per annum, while experienced consultants can earn well over INR 20 lakhs per annum.
- Entrepreneur/Business Owner: EMBA graduates who start their own businesses have the potential for significant financial returns. The salary can vary widely depending on the success and profitability of the venture.
For granting admission to Executive MBA programs, most of the IIMs accept GMAT scores. You will also need to qualify for a written test and a personal interview.
The Executive MBA programs generally run for a period of 1-2 years. This varies from one institute to another.
Executive MBA programs offer advanced knowledge and equip you with managerial skills which will eventually broaden your career prospects. Though these programs are expensive compared to regular MBA courses, they have high opportunities for the future.
If you wish to pursue an Executive MBA from IIM or from other leading Business schools across the globe, get in touch with Leverage Edu. Our experts will map to the best course that lines with your aspirations and give your career a kickstart! Signup for a free 30-minute free career counselling session with us.