Amongst students who are avidly looking for pursuing their higher education, Canada is the most sought-after country because of its amiable policies in terms of immigration and vast space for postgraduate courses. MBA colleges in Canada are the leading choice for applicants looking out for courses in the business landscape. These business schools offer world-class facilities and teaching practices for students. In this blog, you will come to know the topmost universities in Canada for an MBA.
This Blog Includes:
- Types of MBA in Canada
- Why Choose Canada for your MBA?
- MBA Colleges in Canada
- Popular Universities in Canada for MBA
- MBA Colleges in Canada without Work Experience
- Popular MBA Specialisations
- Cheapest Universities for MBA in Canada
- Popular Part-Time MBA Programmes in Top B-Schools in Canada
- Eligibility for MBA in Canada
- Duration of an MBA in Canada
- Cost of Studying MBA in Canada
- Student Life in Canada
|Total number of MBA Colleges in Canada||Approximately 40+ MBA colleges|
|MBA cost in Canada||INR 26 lakhs (approx.)|
|Top Specialisations||General Management, International Business, Business (others), Finance, Entrepreneurship, Supply Chain, Economics|
|Exams required||GMAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL|
Types of MBA in Canada
There are presently several specialities for the Master of Business Administration. Courses may generally be chosen based on a few key considerations, such as the subject matter and length of the course. Generally speaking, the length of the course allows for a broad classification of MBA programs in Canada. You’ll have a clearer notion while choosing the appropriate course.
- Full-Time MBA A full-time MBA in Canada will be appropriate for you if you wish to enter the workforce as a leader. Take advantage of this fantastic chance to learn about the diversity of the Canadian workforce. Students may follow the course full-time because it lasts for two years. To get admitted, international students must have acceptable GMAT and language competence exam results.
- Part-time MBA in Canada – Excellent chance for those who wish to get their management degree while working. Depending on the university you choose, this degree’s study length might be three to six years.
- Executive MBA in Canada – For executives and future managers seeking (senior)managerial-level experience, this curriculum is best suited. It will take 20 to 28 months to complete.
Why Choose Canada for your MBA?
The following are the benefits of doing your MBA in Canada:
- Canada is a reasonable choice for earning your MBA abroad.
- After receiving their degree, students have the option of continuing to live and work in Canada.
- You may apply for and be granted permanent residency in Canada if you properly follow the immigration processes.
- In comparison to other Western nations, Canada makes it simpler to get citizenship and permanent residency.
MBA Colleges in Canada
Here are some of the most popular and competitive MBA colleges in Canada to study management, business and finance courses:
- Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- McGill University – Desautels Faculty of Management
- The Stephen J.R. Smith School of Business, Queen’s University
- Beedie School of BusinessIvey Business School, Simon Fraser University
- HEC Montreal
- Université Laval
- University of British Columbia (UBC) – Sauder School of Business
- Concordia University – John Molson School of Business
- Ryerson University – Ted Rogers School of Management
- The University of Alberta – School of Business
- Brock University – Goodman School of Business
- University of Calgary – Haskayne School of Business
- University of Western Ontario – Richard Ivey School of Business
- Carleton University – Sprott School of Business
- University of New Brunswick – Saint John Campus
- University of Ottawa – Telfer School of Management
Popular Universities in Canada for MBA
Enlisted below are the details of universities in Canada for MBA that can help you build an excellent career:
University of Western Ontario
Ivey School of Business of the University of Western Ontario came into existence in the year 1922. It is one of the leading universities in Canada that offers MBA and PhD courses. It was placed at the 60th position in the Global MBA ranking and 56th by Bloomberg Businessweek Word Rankings. Offered courses are as follows:
- Honours in Business Administration
- Executive MBA
- Master in Business administration
- Accelerated Masters in Business Administration
Ivey’s one-year program is going to start in March 2020. The deadline for submission of the application is 06th January 2020. Whereas the deadline for submission of Accelerated MBA is the 13th of January, 2020 and in January itself, the program shall start.
Schulich School of Business- York University
Established in 1966, York University is recognised for its global reach and exceptional programs. The MBA courses offered by the Schulich School of Business school are a perfect blend of the classroom as well as real experiences. Working in consultancy programs with business organisations is an active part of the MBA course. It is one of the top universities in Canada for an MBA with an 8% acceptance rate. Popular MBA courses are as follows:
- MSc in Business Analysis
- Masters in Business Administration ‘
- Integrated master in business administration.
- Master of Finance
- PhD in Business Administration
- Financial Engineering
- Master of Public Administration.
- Bachelor of business administration
- Executive educational programs
Rotman School of Management – University of Toronto
Since 1902, the University of Toronto offers a range of courses in Business Administration. It is one of the leading centres of Management studies in the country. With its unique curriculum of education and advanced pedagogy skills, it is the choicest one among the universities in Canada for MBA. The courses offered by the institutes are as follows:
- Master in Business Administration
- Omnium Global Executive Masters in Business Administration
- Master of Financial Economics
- PhD in Business Administration
Also read: MBA Courses
Established in the year 1906, McGill University is considered one of the reputed and dynamic universities in Canada for MBA. The university has spacious research centres for undergraduate, executive, master’s and PhD students. The management in the university ensures that students do take place in practical work and attend workshops. It is pertinent to mention that the university has six Noble Prize winners under its belt. Some of the main courses offered in the university are:
- International Management
- Honours in Investment Management Program
- Public Accountancy
- International Masters in Practising Management
Queen’s School of Business – Queen’s University
Queen’s University has one of the oldest Management departments in the country which provides excellent exposure to MBA prospective students. The university facilitates real word experiences at multinational companies through internship programs. The courses offered by the university are as follows:
- Bachelor in Commerce
- Master of Management Analytics
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of International Business
Sauder School of Business
Established in the year 1956, this Business school is considered one of the dynamic providers of MBA courses. The teaching process in the university is equally praised worthy. The courses offered at Sauder School of Business are as follows:
- Master of Management
- Master of Management in Operations Research
- Bachelor of Commerce
- MSc in Business Administration
- PhD in Business Administration
- International Masters in Business Administration
Also Read: MBA Career Options
MBA Colleges in Canada without Work Experience
- Thompson Rivers University
- New York Institute of Technology, Vancouver
- Cape Breton University
- Brock University
- Dalhousie University
- Vancouver Island University
Popular MBA Specialisations
- International Management
- International Business
- Finance Leadership
- Information Technology
- Data Science
Cheapest Universities for MBA in Canada
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Ottawa
- University of Waterloo
- University of Manitoba
- Université de Moncton
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université Laval
- HEC Montréal
- Concordia University
- Saint Mary’s University
- Carleton University
- University of Saskatchewan
Popular Part-Time MBA Programmes in Top B-Schools in Canada
|Programme Name||Tuition fee||Course duration|
|University of Alberta – Executive MBA||$51,020||6 years maximum|
|York University – Schulich International MBA||$99,400||20 months|
|Rotman School of Management – Morning and Evening MBA||$109,970||32 months|
|Queen’s University – Accelerated MBA for Business Graduates||$81,000||12 months (1 year)|
Eligibility for MBA in Canada
- The applicant must have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution with the minimum marks required by the chosen university.
- An average work experience of about 2-3 years (might not be required by some universities)
- A valid GMAT or GRE score is also required along with English language proficiency scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, etc.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
Duration of an MBA in Canada
In Canada, earning an MBA takes one to two years of study. However, several universities offer expedited MBAs that last for less than a year. For instance, Ivey Business School has an expedited MBA programme lasting eight to twelve months
Cost of Studying MBA in Canada
A Canadian MBA might cost anything between CAD 22,000 to CAD 120,000. For an Indian student to complete an MBA in Canada, this amounts to between 12 and 68 lacs. Only the tuition charge is included in the pricing given. You also need to be conscious of other expenses like books, suppliers, and living expenses.
Student Life in Canada
Canada invests a huge amount of money in education and its facilities. This makes the country among the most caught-after study abroad destinations. Let’s briefly go through the dynamic student life in Canada.
- Canada is known to have a multicultural environment that gives students a global perspective and also helps them build a stronger network.
- The country is also known for welcoming the majority of immigrants which contributes to the progressive nature of the people.
- Students can explore endless leisure activities in Canada. Being home to many world heritage sites and lively festivals, students can engage in various activities.
- Canada is also known to have the lowest crime rates in the world. Canadians experience fewer violent crimes, and fewer breaks and police officers follow strict ethics which makes it safe for students.
If you are someone looking for universities in Canada for MBA shortly, contact Leverage Edu, we will help you file a perfect application within the admission deadlines. Do not miss the chance of studying at your dream university, book your 30-minute counselling session with us!