Established in 1848, Saint Paul University is a bilingual catholic university whose principal post-optional establishment is in Ottawa, Canada. It is a University that represents considerable authority in human and sociologies, Saint Paul University is situated in the core of the country’s capital. The University has a rich legacy and it offers undergraduate, graduate, online, research, micro and doctoral programs. With a group of highly trained and qualified faculty, Saint Paul University offers admission to students via its 9 schools. Courses such as social innovation, theology, public ethics and philosophy are also part of the university. Some of the most popular courses offered are Canon Law, Philosophy, Theology, Social Communication, Social Innovation, Transformative Leadership, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Public Ethics, Conflict Studies, Human Relations and Spirituality.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Saint Paul University?
- Saint Paul University Rankings
- Campus and Accommodation at Saint Paul University
- Courses offered at Saint Paul University
- Application Process at Saint Paul University
- Admission Requirements for Saint Paul University
- Saint Paul University Fees
- Financial Aid at Saint Paul University
Why Choose Saint Paul University?
- Saint Paul University is known for its small class sizes, personalised service, diverse student body and international outlook, strong reputation, rich history and Catholic intellectual tradition.
- In addition to its academic programs, SPU offers a range of complementary services including support and guidance to help students succeed academically and personally; access to symposia, conferences and workshops.
- It offers student residence and a library with an excellent collection of documents and books on a wide range of specialist subjects.
- Saint Paul University offers programs and services in English and French, and approximately 25% of the students are foreigners. In this way, everyone can study in the official language of their choice and broaden their cultural horizons.
- The college is an individual from the Association of Colleges and Universities of the Canadian Francophonie, an organisation of scholastic establishments of the Canadian Francophonie. Also, it was declared from pre-winter 2017, that St. Paul’s will start offering a joint distance learning, Licentiate in Canon Law (JCL) and joint common experts in group regulation with St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Ireland.
Saint Paul University Rankings
- It is at #88 in Regional Universities Midwest 2022.
- It is placed at #102 in Top Performers in Social Mobility 2022.
- The university ranks #3 in Canada and #3501 in the Global Ranking for the year 2020 by the Unirank portal.
- It is at #74 in the National Ranking list by Webometrics for the year 2020.
- It is at #981 in the North American Continent in the ranking by Webometrics, 2020.
Choose from various universities and a wide range of courses at AI Course Finder
Campus and Accommodation at Saint Paul University
- SPU offers a Café Urban and the Oasis offers a range of activities like yoga, music, collective kitchen, spiritual support, volunteer activities, liturgical celebrations, and more.
- The Saint Paul University Residential and Convention Centre accommodates up to 180 students in 90 shared two-bedroom suites throughout the school year. The dorm is on campus. The campus is facilitated with a controlled access building, the front desk is staffed 24 hours a day, on-site management, all common areas and hallways are video recorded and sign-in policies are enforced for all guests.
- Saint Paul University has reserved a spiritual floor in the dorm. Students and staff who want to live in a spiritual environment can reserve a room on this floor.
- The residence has a large desk and work area, high-speed internet access (following Saint Paul University usage policies), a private phone line with voicemail and local access, television with cable in each room, and air-conditioned suites and light housekeeping service.
Get the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs
Courses offered at Saint Paul University
The courses offered here are Canon Law, Philosophy, Theology, Social Communication, Social Innovation, Transformative Leadership, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Public Ethics, Conflict Studies, Human Relations and Spirituality.
Some of the undergraduate courses are –
- Canon Law
- Canonical Practice
- Ecclesiastical Administration
- Honours B.A. with Major in Faith, Ethics and Justice
- Catholic Bioethics
- Contemplative Theology and Spiritual Mentorship
- Honours B.A. in Conflict Studies
- Honours B.A. with Major in Conflict Studies
- Honours B.A. in Human Relations and Spirituality
- Honours B.A. with Major in Human Relations and Spirituality
- Couple Counselling and Spirituality
- Honours B.A. in Ethics and Contemporary Social Issues
- Honours B.A. with Major in Ethics and Contemporary Social Issues
- Public Ethics
- Honours B.A. in Social Communication
- Honours B.A. with Major in Social Communication
Some of the postgraduate courses are –
- Master’s in Canon Law
- Master of Theological Studies
- Master of Divinity
- M.A. in Theology
- M.A. in Conflict Studies
- M.A. in Counselling and Spirituality: Couple and Family Counselling
- M.A. in Counselling and Spirituality: Individual Counselling
- M.A. in Public Ethics
- M.A. in Social Justice and Ecology
Application Process at Saint Paul University
Saint Paul University offers various programs for its international students. Admissions are provided for both graduate and undergraduate programs. There is also an exchange program for external students, where candidates can be part of the university for a few semesters. However, there are some general and program-specific documents that students must have with them before applying to the university.
Admission Requirements for Saint Paul University
- To enrol in an undergraduate program, you must have a diploma certifying 12 years of education equivalent to an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
- You need to check if you have a diploma recognised by Saint Paul University.
- If you are a candidate for a graduate or master’s degree, you must have an Honours B.A. (4 years) or equivalent degree and have obtained an average of at least 70% (B).
- As a doctoral student, you must have a master’s degree (with a thesis or dissertation) and have achieved an average of at least 75% (B+).
English Language Proficiency
|Exam||Minimum Score for UG||Minimum Score for Master Program|
|CAEL||70 (Overall)60(Writing)||70 (Overall)60(Writing)|
|MELAB||90 (Overall)85(Writing)||83 (Writing)|
French Language Proficiency
|DALF||C1 or C2|
Saint Paul University has admissions open for its Fall and Winter terms which have a September and January entry respectively.
|Program||Fall Term (September entry)||Winter Term(January entry)|
|Undergraduate||April 1||September 1|
|Master in Conflict and Studies||March 15||September 1|
|Master in Counselling and Spirituality||February 1||September 1|
|Master in all other programs||April 1||September 1|
|PhD Programs||April 1||September 1|
The documents required are as follows –
- Your official transcripts for all of your studies, no matter which program you are applying to.
- If your transcript is not in English or French, you must also submit a certified translation – signed and sealed.
- Your educational institution must send transcripts directly to Saint Paul University.
- The official results of a recognized language proficiency test, if required.
- The other required documents are based on the program you wish to apply for.
Saint Paul University Fees
|Undergraduate tuition||125 USD (9727.33 INR)|
|Graduate tuition||100 USD + 50 USD (11672.79 INR)|
Financial Aid at Saint Paul University
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
This scholarship is for students of Natural and Social Science or Health Research PG programs.
The grant is 70,000 CAD for 2 years (non-renewable).
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships
Ontario Graduate Scholarships are offered in collaboration with the Canadian government. International students studying a master’s or doctoral program can avail the scholarships.
The total scholarship award is 15,000 CAD per year.
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
This scholarship is offered to meritorious students from commonwealth countries pursuing masters and PhD at Canadian institutes.
The award includes tuition fees, living expenses, and travelling allowance.
Undergraduates must have a diploma recognized by Saint Paul University certifying 12 years of education. Postgraduate students must have a BA with honours (4 years) or equivalent and have achieved an average of at least 70% (B). If you are a doctoral student, you must have a master’s degree (with a thesis or dissertation) and have achieved an average of at least 75% (B+). Some courses have special requirements, check under the Admissions section on the Programs of Study page.
You must demonstrate that you are fluent in French or English by providing official French or English results from a recognized language proficiency test. The test is compulsory unless you have studied full-time for at least three years in an institution where French or English is the only language of instruction.
The work-study plan allows students to work on campus during their studies. The contracts cover a maximum of 10 hours per week, i.e. a total of 125 hours per semester.
Indeed, we trust that this blog makes it pretty clear why you ought to decide to learn at Saint Paul University. So the thing would you say you are sitting tight for? Contact our Leverage Edu specialists for start-to-finish direction from application to visa cycle and launch your profession. Call us at 1800 572 000 for a free 30-minute consultation.