The interweaving of new-age technologies with Marketing has given birth to a new and exciting sibling of traditional marketing, i.e, Digital Marketing. It specifically covers a vast online spectrum of social media, mobile applications, e-commerce, SEO etc. Companies are increasingly employing digital marketing strategies to establish an online presence and effectively promote their products and services. Digital Marketing professionals are constantly in demand as every firm wants to ensure a constant flow of online traffic for facilitating a strong communication with their audience. So, if you are looking for different careers in Digital Marketing, you have come to the right place. This blog aims to summarise the array of Digital Marketing jobs for freshers that you can pursue to build a thriving career in this ever-growing field.
Why Pursue a Career in Digital Marketing?
Before talking about Digital Marketing jobs for freshers, it is important to know why you should consider the field of Digital Marketing for building a lucrative career. Here is a list of top reasons why a career in Digital Marketing is filled with an immense scope and exciting opportunities:
- Digital Marketing is a demanding domain that is growing at a striking pace. Startups and large companies essentially utilise Digital Marketing and with the never-ending sea of new technologies arriving in our world, the career scope of this is ever-increasing.
- If you are tech-savvy, you’ll love digital marketing. If you love art and design, you’ll feel at home while pursuing a career in Digital Marketing. The field encompasses a plethora of creative and technical skills and welcomes students from a diverse range of streams to build a career in Digital Marketing.
- Generally, it offers relaxed and flexible work environments which includes work from home days, casual dress codes, freelancing, etc.
- Ease of learning means that freshers belonging to any field can enter the field of digital marketing without much effort. It is fairly uncomplicated and easy to familiarise yourself with.
- Digital marketing jobs for freshers offer quick career growth opportunities. This means you can break through to the senior roles in a comparatively shorter period of experience.
- Also read: Job Opportunities after MBA in Marketing
Digital Marketing Jobs for Freshers: Options to Consider
Digital Marketing offers fulfilling and stimulating career opportunities for freshers. Moreover, complementing it with superb communication skills and computer know-how will help you in securing a high-paying profile. Here is a comprehensive list of Digital Marketing jobs for Freshers that you can explore:
This job profile is concerned with the content aspect of Digital Marketing. Depending on the company, its products and the type of strategies employed, a content writer creates custom-made marketing content. It requires a high level of writing skills as well as a fundamental understanding of techniques of online marketing such as SEO, social media marketing, etc.
Search Engine Optimisation(SEO) Executive/Specialist
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the essence of Digital Marketing. Utilising SEO tactics, websites attract online traffic and engage audiences with their product offerings. Working with keywords and search engine optimization tools, an SEO specialist ensures that the website content is searchable, reachable and suitable for the respective audience.
Email Marketing Executive
Often regarded as a blend of Digital and Conventional marketing, email marketing is a popular option among the list of Digital Marketing jobs for freshers. Email marketing is a rather direct way of marketing products and services using email campaigns tailored to attract specific audiences.
Digital Marketing Analyst
A digital marketing analyst or manager is one of the most common Digital Marketing jobs for freshers. In any organisation, they are in charge of the creation of online campaigns, monitoring trends, overseeing website traffic, managing product advertising amongst other activities. It requires advanced communication skills, high-level familiarity with Digital Marketing tools and techniques and other expert-level skills.
Social Media Specialist
The digital space is almost monopolised by social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Marketing communication through this medium involves a direct consumer approach based on their preferences. It uses analytics to target consumers and engage them with the brand. It is slowly gaining recognition amongst recent graduates considering it as a viable career option.
One of the most technical options to consider amongst the varied Digital Marketing jobs for freshers is becoming an analytics expert. For this profile, you need to be well-versed in analysing, evaluating and making sense of patterns to give much-needed shape to digital marketing campaigns. For freshers, background in data and familiarity with Google Analytics is recommended.
Other Digital Marketing jobs for freshers also include:
- Data Analyst
- Search Engine Marketing/Pay-Per-Click Expert
- Video/Audio Production
- Graphic Designer
- Web Developer
A career in Digital Marketing can be fast-tracked through an MBA in Digital Marketing. It demands a specialised knowledge of Marketing as well as the necessary technical know-how of digital technologies. If you are uncertain as to which blend of course and university to consider for pursue Digital Marketing, the AI tool at Leverage Edu can help in shortlisting a perfect combination based on your interests and inclinations so that you can build a promising career.