Aiming to study for a globally acclaimed degree like MBA, it becomes quintessential to find the best business schools, and the right program as well as create an impressive application to secure your dream admission! From Stanford Graduate School of Business to HEC Paris, the world’s top business schools offer a wide range of MBA programs for international students along with various scholarships, carefully designed curricula as well as world-class faculty and business leaders ready to mentor students. If you are searching for the best business school to pursue your dream MBA, we are here to provide you with all the information you need! Read this blog to know the best MBA colleges in the world, their rankings, top courses, requirements and more!
This Blog Includes:
- Best MBA Colleges in the World 2023
- Best MBA Colleges in India
- Factors Considered While Ranking MBA Collages
- Basic Requirement for MBA Admission
- Popular Specialisation in MBA in the World
- Eligibility Criteria for MBA
Best MBA Colleges in the World 2023
From UK and US to Australia and Europe, there are scores of B-schools that are renowned for their MBA programs. Here are the best MBA colleges in the world in 2023:
|Universities||QS MBA Ranking 2023||Average Tuition Fees|
|Stanford Graduate School of Business||1||119,964 USD/ year|
|Harvard Business School||2||73,440 USD/ year|
|Penn (Wharton)||3||83,230 USD/ year|
|HEC Paris||4||78,000 EUR/ year|
|London Business School||5||97,500 EUR/ year|
|MIT (Sloan)||6||82,250 USD/ year|
|IE Business School||7||72,200 EUR/ year|
|Columbia Business School||8||77,376 USD/ year|
|INSEAD||9||91,000 EUR/ year|
|IESE Business School||10||93,500 EUR/ year|
This internationally coveted business school is a part of the University of Pennsylvania and is considered one of the best MBA colleges in the world. Apart from a full-fledged, 2-year-long MBA course, it also offers an EMBA [Executive MBA] with summer internships. Some of the noted Wharton alumni include Donald Trump, Sunder Pichai, and Warren Buffet. Here are some of the popular MBA specializations you can pursue at Wharton.
- Health Care Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Management / Business
- Strategic Management
- Banking / Financial Services
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Being part of one of the leading academic institutions, Stanford University, the Stanford Graduate School of Business is considered one of the top-notch Business schools in the world. The Calfornia based college, which was founded in the year 1925 offers a full-time MBA as well as a large range of dual-degree MBA programs. Vinod Khosla, Phil Knight, and Jeff Bewkes are some of the resounding alumni of the college. Popular specialisations have been given a rundown below:
Joint MBA Courses by Stanford Graduate School of Business
- MBA/MA International Studies
- MBA/MSE Electrical Engineering
- MBA/Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- MBA/MS Computer Science
With its campuses spread across continents, INSEAD, a France-based B-school, offers a 10-month MBA programme that aims to develop successful business professionals, thought leaders, and entrepreneurs. Apart from the core courses, you can choose an elective like Economics & Political Science, Accounting and Control, Organisational Behaviour, etc to gain specialised knowledge. An average GMAT score of 670-750 can pave the way for pursuing an INSEAD MBA. Moreover, you can also choose between a part-time/Executive MBA course. Wopke Hoekstra, Meera Sanyal, and Walter Kohl are some of the renowned INSEAD alumni.
MIT Sloan School of Management
Ranked 5th in the QS Global MBA Rankings 2023, the MIT Sloan School of Management is our notable mention in the list of best MBA colleges in the world. One of the unique features of the B-School of MIT is the option to choose between MBA Tracks and MIT Certificates. The former is only for those who are pursuing MBA and allows you to select from Finance, Enterprise Management, or Entrepreneurship and Innovation track. On the other hand, MIT certificates like that in Healthcare are open to all master-level students. Furthermore, the school also offers dual degree programs like MBA-Masters in City Planning, MBA-Masters in Public Administration, etc.
Harvard Business School
When it comes to the best MBA colleges in the world, Harvard Business School is a much-needed mention. In Harvard’s 2-year MBA, you will also gain practical exposure through their unique field projects and case method programs apart from the course curriculum. Furthermore, HBS also offers joint degree programs like MS/MBA Biotechnology, MBA/Master of Public Policy, MD/MBA, JD/MBA, and DMD/MBA.
Click here to Know How to Get into Harvard Business School!
London Business School
Having etched its name in the top MBA colleges in the UK, London Business School is a revered name when it comes to pursuing Management courses. The UK-based school offers a full-time MBA, Executive, and Global Executive MBA for Business Management students. On average, a GMAT score of 701 is required to take admission. Cyrus Mistry, Justin Greening, and Kumar Mangalam Birla are some of the popular alumni of London Business School.
Check Out: London Business School Eligibility for Indian Students
Judge Business School
One of the most renowned and sought-after MBA colleges in the world, Judge Business School of the University of Cambridge offers a 1-year MBA as well as a 20-month Executive MBA program. Managing Big Data Analysis, Global Marketing, Private Equity, International Finance, Entrepreneurship in Practice, etc are some of the electives which you can choose during the journey of the course. Both GRE and GMAT scores are accepted by the school to grant admission to their MBA programs.
Best MBA Colleges in India
IIMs come to mind when we think of the greatest business schools in India, but since times have changed, many more MBA colleges in India have surpassed IIMs and are now on the list of top MBA institutions. The greatest MBA programmes in India may be found at XLRI, ISB, SPJIMR, IIT, FMS, Delhi University, and many other institutions. The top MBA colleges in India according to the NIRF 2022 rankings are listed in the table below if you’re looking for admission to the best MBA programs.
|Name of the College||NIRF Ranking 2022|
|IIT Delhi DoMS||5|
|IIT Bombay SJMSOM||10|
Must Read: Top MBA Colleges in India
Factors Considered While Ranking MBA Collages
This year, 280 business schools were rated in 45 reputable study-abroad locations based on several competitive metrics, including graduate salaries, employability rates, class composition, and other factors. What distinguishes certain management schools from others, then? Let us inform you of the advantages of earning an MBA abroad:
- Employability: Employability is assessed using the QS Global Employer Survey, in which some of the top recruiters select their preferred B-schools from a list of candidates. Facebook, Uber, Google, Bank of America, and other employers are just a few of those who participate in this survey.
- Entrepreneurship and Alumni Outcomes: B-schools with more than 50,000 CEOs at some of the top corporations in the world, such as Apple, PepsiCo, JP Morgan Chase, etc., are analysed using the Alumni Outcomes Index. On the other hand, business schools themselves say that the entrepreneurship requirement is of the highest significance.
- Return on Investment: To identify the schools offering the best return on investment, a thorough investigation into ROI is conducted. Salary levels before and after pursuing an MBA are contrasted. Also, the ROI considered is one of 10- years.
- Thought leadership: The best business schools in the world are judged based on this parameter. While ranking according to this particular factor, some factors such as business school nominations, research impacts, and faculty with PhDs are taken into account.
- Class and Faculty Diversity: When ranking some of the top MBA colleges in the world, factors like the percentage of women, the percentage of nationalities, the percentage of international faculty, and the percentage of women in business school faculty are thought to be extremely important.
Must Read: Doing A PhD After MBA
Basic Requirement for MBA Admission
Students who want to take admitted to the MBA programmes of top colleges in the world must obtain a bachelor’s degree along with a GMAT score. Language course is equally important for applying in English-speaking countries. Students applying for such countries must have English proficiency scores in hand before applying.
Popular Specialisation in MBA in the World
- General Management
- International Management
- Finance Leadership
- Business Analytics
Must Read: Best No GMAT MBA Programs 2023
Eligibility Criteria for MBA
When it comes to pursuing an MBA from some of the best MBA colleges in the world, here are the major requirements and documents you must ensure:
- English proficiency test scores like that of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE, etc.
- Even though the GMAT scorecard is an essential requirement to pursue an MBA, a wide range of B-schools also accept GRE scores to grant admission.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience.
- LORs, transcripts, updated CV/Resume
- Statement of Purpose for MBA
Ans. These are the best MBA schools in the world:
1. The Wharton School
2. Stanford Graduate School of Business
4. MIT Sloan School of Management
5. Harvard Business School
6. London Business School
7. Judge Business School
Ans. The USA, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia are the best countries to pursue MBA or any other management degree.
Ans. MBA in India or abroad has its benefits. To know the differences and which one is better, read our blog on – MBA in India vs Abroad!
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your study abroad goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.