Coventry University is popularly known for its ties to automotive giants such as Jaguar, Land Rover, and Lotus. The university holds a prestigious engineering heritage and excellence in teaching. Ranked 3rd by the Guardian University Guide 2019 for Mechanical Engineering, studying at Coventry is an opportunity to partake in on and off-site trips like the Ford F150 factory and work in its prestigious £50 million Engineering and Computing building with access to modern automotive facilities. Read on to learn more about top courses, universities, placements along with other important details of Coventry University Automotive Engineering.
|Basic Eligibility||Minimum 2:2 Honours Degree|
|Tuition Fees||17,700 GBP per year (INR 17.9 lakhs) + 4,000 GBP (additional work placement fee)|
|Placements||Honda, Coca Cola, BMW, NP Aerospace, McLaren Automotive, Jaguar, Land Rover, etc|
Why Study Automotive Engineering in Coventry University
Coventry University’s School of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Automotive Engineering holds a worldwide reputation for teaching. Coventry University automotive engineering can prepare you for expertise in the automotive industry and enhance your teaching and managerial abilities. Let’s go through some more benefits:
- Access to the facilities of the high-performance engineering centre at Coventry University.
- Opportunity to participate in international excursions, which in recent years have also sponsored one- or two-week study tours to Europe, India, China, Dubai and the US via LPG.
- Chance to study in a £ 55 million IT and engineering building featuring sustainable technologies like rainwater harvesting, solar thermal and biomass boilers.
Coventry University automotive engineering main study themes are listed below:
- Design: The innovative solution for designing problems has focused on commercially viable solutions.
- Analysis: You will learn to model, analyzing and validate vehicle behaviour, components and systems using industry-standard software.
- Management: The application of the principles and practices used to ensure effective business operations.
- Sustainability: You will learn an ethical approach for doing work by securing the best interests of life and the environment.
- Practical: Examination and analysis using laboratory, workshop, and computer-aided techniques.
Top Undergraduate Courses
The first step towards your career path in automotive engineering is to pursue one of the following undergraduate courses in the automotive field. Here’s the list for the same:
- B.Eng (Hons) in Automotive Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering
Top Postgraduate Courses
Coventry University automotive engineering graduate courses are well regarded for getting great industry experience in the high tech companies such as BMW, Coca Cola, etc.
- M.Eng (Hons) in Automotive Engineering
- M.Eng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
- M.Eng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering
- MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Connected Autonomous Vehicles Engineering
- MSc in Electrical Automotive Engineering
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Global Logistics
- MSc Production Engineering and Operations Management
- MSc Renewable Energy Engineering
- MSc Supply Chain Management and Logistics
The acceptance rate of Coventry University automotive engineering is 32%, which means that out of 100 applicants, only 32 will be admitted who meet the university’s admission requirements and fulfill other norms. The 32% acceptance rate depicts Coventry University as very demanding with its students. This acceptance rate from Coventry University shows that their admission process is fairly competitive.
- For undergraduate admission, students must have achieved an overall score of 60% in high school education. They should study main subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computing, etc.
- For graduate admission, applicants must have a minimum 2:2 honours degree in an appropriate discipline of engineerings such as Mechanical, Automotive, Motorsport, or Aerospace Engineering. Applicants can also apply from other technical disciplines. They must have an English proficiency test score of IELTS with at least 6.5 (No component lower than 5.5).
List of Supporting Documents
Along with fulfilling the admission requirements, the candidates must prepare their necessary documents for Coventry university automotive engineering and start with the application process.
- Official academic transcripts and test results from high school and/or previous university
- Letters of recommendation (LOR)
- Personal statement of purpose (SOP)
- If you are employed, a copy of your work reference or diploma certificate is required.
- Copy of passport and student visa
- Scores of the English language proficiency test such as IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/Duolingo
- GRE or GMAT (If required)
How to Apply
The application process for applying to the Coventry university automotive engineering program will take place through UCAS. All international students have to register themselves before proceeding to the next step.
- Search for BEng/MEng program in Coventry university automotive engineering.
- Save the course in your favourites.
- Complete the profile by adding personal and professional information very carefully.
- Submit all your supporting documents such as LOR, SOP, transcripts, scores of English proficiency test scores.
- Receive the reference letter from the counsellor/provider.
- Go through the requirements again and save them for later.
- When completing the application form, submit the saved application and wait for the offer letter from the university. Once received, start looking for accommodation, apply for student loans and grants that will help you in pursuing your course.
Best Engineering Colleges in the World
Coventry university’s automotive engineering industry is geared towards preparing for your future and provides you with competitive benefits in the graduate job market. Former students have worked on projects with Honda, presenting new products; Aston Martin, data acquisition in special vehicle projects; NP Aerospace, which is working on the new line of military vehicles; Eaton Trucks, in gearbox design; McLaren Automotive, software testing, and evaluation; BMW, in-vehicle equipment and materials; and Cummins Engines, on engine design and manufacturing. 95% of the automotive engineering graduates start working within 6 months and earn an annual estimated salary of 27,000 GBP – 50,000 GBP (INR 20 lakhs – 37 lakhs).
Recommended Read: Automobile Engineering in Germany
Coventry University is an award-winning university committed to providing international students with the best automotive industry experience. If you wish to apply to Coventry university automotive engineering undergraduate and graduate courses then you are at the right place! Reach us on 1800572000 and get an opportunity to chat with our Leverage Edu mentors!