Known for its friendly student environment, remarkable facilities and uniques courses such as Esports, Content Creation etc, Staffordshire University has become one of the sought-after universities in the UK. As per The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021, it is ranked among the top 15 for Teaching Quality and Social Inclusion. University is home to over 15,000 students, Staffordshire University is a public research university with campuses in Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford and Shrewsbury. Let’s explore the Staffordshire University admissions, eligibility criteria, courses and more!
|Name of the University||Staffordshire University|
|No. of Campuses||3|
|International Student Rate||12%|
|Tuition Fees||£12300-£19000 (INR 1234993- 1907713)|
This Blog Includes:
- About Staffordshire University
- International Student Life at Staffordshire University
- Staffordshire University Admissions Process
- Step 1: Choosing a Course
- Step 2: Applying for the Course
- Step 3: Gather Required Test Scores
- Step 4: Gather Mandatory Documents
- Step 5: Submit your Application
- Step 6: Receiving your offer
- Step 7: Accepting your Offer
- Step 8: Receiving your CAS Number
- Step 9: Applying for a Visa
- Step 10: Booking your Accommodation
- Staffordshire University Admissions Deadlines
- Staffordshire University Admissions Requirements
- English Language Requirements for Staffordshire University Admissions
- Documents Required
- Cost of Study
- Accommodation at Staffordshire University
- Scholarships offered by Staffordshire University
- Student Visa for UK
- Staffordshire University Virtual Campus Tour
About Staffordshire University
Staffordshire University was established by an industrialist, Alfred Bolton in 1901. The main campus of the university is in the city of Stoke-on-Trent and the other two campuses are in Stafford and Shrewsbury. The university offers world-class healthcare education at the specialist Centre of Excellence in Stafford. The university aims to provide quality teaching and research. It has earned the gold award in 2019 for the Teaching Excellence Framework which recognises excellent standards of learning and teaching, and 78 % of its research is world-leading or of international importance. It offers more than 200 undergraduates, postgraduate and professional courses in over 30 subject areas. The university has a team dedicated to International Student Support. The University of Staffordshire has been ranked among the top universities for the most affordable education which is offered in England. The university has three academic schools: School of Digital, Technologies and Arts, School of Health, Science and Wellbeing and School of Justice, Security and Sustainability along with the Institute of Education and Staffordshire University London.
International Student Life at Staffordshire University
Staffordshire University Admissions Process
Did you know Staffordshire University has a dedicated international support team? The team helps international students with accommodation, application process and more! Here’s an easy 10-Step process to apply to Staffordshire University:
Step 1: Choosing a Course
The first step is to choose your course. The University offers a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate courses, research study programs, degree preparation courses and English language programmes. You can visit the University’s official website and simply find a course that suits you.
Step 2: Applying for the Course
The next step is to apply for the chosen course. Check the eligibility requirements and start the application process for full-time undergraduate courses by logging into UCAS with the “Apply Now“ button to access the application and create an account. You can alternatively apply to undergraduate and postgraduate courses through the official website by simply clicking on apply under the specific course page.
Step 3: Gather Required Test Scores
While applying you may have to give certain mandatory tests in order to be eligible for the course. Tests like GMAT, GRE, IELTS, PTE or TOEFL are required to be given. A copy of test scores of these proficiency scores is a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. You can register for Leverage Live and we will help you commence with your preparations today.
Step 4: Gather Mandatory Documents
LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also part of the supporting documents. Start collecting all the necessary documents to get ahead with your application process.
Step 5: Submit your Application
Once you have collected all the documents and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready to fill out the application form. To secure your admission at Staffordshire University make sure you enter all your personal and professional details. Check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
Step 6: Receiving your offer
After processing your application the University communicates the response through a letter within a few weeks. The response would be either of the following:
- Conditional Offer – This means that the admission would be confirmed if and when the students meet a certain admission requirement, such as the completion of the undergraduate degree with a specific grade and submitting outstanding documents. Until you meet the entry criteria, your place is reserved
- Credibility interview– This means the applicant would be required to attend a credibility interview with a member of the International team. Questions about your course, why you chose the UK and Staffordshire University as well as your financial situation are asked.
- Unconditional Offer – This indicates the student’s acceptance to a particular course
- Rejection Letter – This indicates that the student has not been accepted to the university
Step 7: Accepting your Offer
You have to formally accept the offer by following the instructions provided in the letter. In case of a conditional offer, you would have to meet all conditional requirements and provide additional documents or appear for a credibility interview. Your offer would be withdrawn if you don’t accept it.
Step 8: Receiving your CAS Number
CAS provides details of the course you intend to study, course duration, annual tuition fee, deposit paid (if applicable) and the campus you’ll be studying at. The University will issue you a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) after you accept your offer and make a deposit of £3,500 (INR 351931) to confirm your place as per your offer letter. CAS number is required for visa application.
Step 9: Applying for a Visa
The next step would be to apply for your student visa. You can apply for a visa upto 3 months before the course date.
Step 10: Booking your Accommodation
International students who accept their offer and register to the accommodation system by the given deadline can book their accommodation at the Staffordshire University.
Applying to your dream university can be strenuous, let experts at Leverage Edu handle your application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to start your study abroad journey today!
Staffordshire University Admissions Deadlines
Staffordshire University offers programs majorly during the January intake and September intake. The deadline for the January intake is around June-September. The important deadlines for undergraduate courses for the September intake are given below:
|Start of submission of applications through UCAS||7 September 2021|
|Application deadline for Medicine courses||15 October 2021|
|UCAS Application deadline for most courses||26 January 2022|
|UCAS Extra Opens (if students don’t receive any offers they can apply to a new course through UCAS extra)||25 February 2022|
|UCAS Final Deadline (final deadline for application to a September course)||30 June 2022|
|Clearing Begins (students who don’t get the required results to confirm their admission can apply to other universities||July/August|
Staffordshire University Admissions Requirements
For UG Courses
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) / Standard 12/ XII with a minimum score of 65% overall
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with 28 points overall
- Background in subjects depending upon the course.
- English Language Proficiency test scores
For PG Courses
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) / Standard 12/ XII with a minimum score of 70% overall
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with 30 points overall
- A 2:1/2:2 Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English Language Proficiency Test scores (Minimum scores specified according to the course)
- GMAT/GRE score, if applicable.
- A background in a particular subject depends upon your choice of specialisation.
School-Based English Language Requirements
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) / Standard 12/ XII with a minimum score of 70% in the English Language from CBSE and CISCE examination boards only.
English Language Requirements for Staffordshire University Admissions
At the time of applying to the University, you must have English proficiency score, if English is not your first language. The following is the list of English Language tests with required scores:
|Tests||Minimum Scores Required|
|IELTS||6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component|
|TOEFL iBT||Listening: 17Speaking: 20Reading: 18Writing: 17|
|PTE (Pearsons)||A minimum score of 51 in all four categories|
|IELTS Indicator||6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component|
Documents required will depend on your course. Following are the standard documents required:
- A personal statement
- English Proficiency scores
- GMAT/GRE scores
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation
- Scanned Copy of Passport
- Resume/ CV
Note: All academic transcripts should officially be translated to English.
Cost of Study
|Level of Study||Annual Tuition Fees 2022/23|
|Undergraduate||£14,500 (INR 1455886)|
|Undergraduate (Nursing, Paramedic Science, Operating Department Practice and Midwifery)||£19,000 (INR 1907713)|
|Postgraduate taught courses||£15,000 (INR 1506089)|
|PGCE||£14,500 (INR 1455886)|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||£15,500 (INR 1556292)|
|Law LPC and LLM combined||£12,300 (INR 1234993)|
|Law LPC solely||£10,900 (INR 1094424)|
Accommodation at Staffordshire University
Staffordshire University offers 6 university-managed accommodations to its students. The rent varies from £3,705 to £4,875 (INR 372004- 489479) annually, depending upon your choice of accommodation and bedroom capacity of the flat. Once you accept your offer, you can register at the ResLife accommodation portal website which is the University’s official accommodation portal. Then you can select and apply to the accommodation of your choice.
Scholarships offered by Staffordshire University
The following scholarships and discounts are provided at the time of admissions at Staffordshire University for the year:
|SMART scholarships||£2000 (INR 200811)|
|GREAT scholarships||£10,000 (INR 1004059)|
|Alumni discount||25% reduction in their tuition fees|
|Early payment discount||Discount of £500 (INR 50202) on payment of full fees before enrollment|
Student Visa for UK
To study in London, UK, you have to apply for a General Student Visa [Tier 4]. You will become eligible for a study visa once you are enrolled in a full-time study course. The requirements include:
- Proof of identity
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number
- Offer letter from the university
- Documents for obtaining CAS
- Recent passport size photographs
- Proof of funds
- Visa fee payment
- Additional requirements by the university
- You need to switch to a Tier 2 general visa which lasts for 5 years post completion of studies
- You can qualify for permanent residence provided your income is at least £35000 (INR 3514208)
Staffordshire University Virtual Campus Tour
Apply in the upcoming Staffordshire University admissions cycle with Leverage Edu experts for end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session today!