Degrees play an important role for those students who are looking forward to making their career in the cybersecurity industry. College or university fees can be costly for some individuals to fulfil their dreams. Fortunately, there are countless scholarship schemes available to help fill the gap. In this guide, we are providing you with detailed information on scholarships accessible to cybersecurity students. It is attended to assist students with potential cyber security scholarships.
This Blog Includes:
- Top 10 Cyber Security Scholarships for Students
- Navy Information Assurance Scholarship
- Center for Cyber Safety and Education Women’s Technology
- CIA Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Raytheon’s Women in Cyber Security Scholarship
- The Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- Sourcefire Snort Scholarship
- The Stokes Program
- Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security (SWSIS) Program Scholarship
- (ISC)2 Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarship
- Cyber Security Scholarships for Undergraduate
- Cyber Security Scholarships for Postgraduate
- Cyber Security Scholarships for Women
- Top Universities Offering Cyber Security Courses
Top 10 Cyber Security Scholarships for Students
We’ve compiled a list of ten of our top cybersecurity scholarships based on their overall value (both in terms of opportunity and monetary value) and their applicability to a wide spectrum of students.
This scholarship is provided to both service members of the Navy and civilians. For each year the prize is granted, applicants will receive full tuition and a stipend in exchange for serving one (paid) year in the Navy as a civilian or service member. Candidates who are pursuing information assurance-related fields at the bachelor to doctorate levels. The award amount is tuition and stipend.
Center for Cyber Safety and Education Women’s Technology
Despite the fact that this scholarship is solely open to women studying cybersecurity, it ranks highly in our rankings due to its big grant amount and lack of service requirements. Candidates require a minimum GPA of 3.2, information assurance-related field, SOP, official transcripts, updated CV, and references. The award amount is $40,000 (INR 30 Lakhs).
CIA Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The CIA Undergraduate Scholarship Program is also one of the most renowned rewards in a range of subjects. The prize is for undergraduate studies, and applicants must apply in their senior year of high school. Candidates may require work experience in the domains such as STEM, Analysis, Clandestine, or Enterprise. The scholarship award is $18,000 + salary (INR 13.5 Lakhs).
Raytheon’s Women in Cyber Security Scholarship
Raytheon’s Women in Cyber Security Scholarship is open to female students in their final year of high school who are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Doctoral degree. Candidates require a minimum GPA of 3.0, information assurance-related field, SOP, official transcripts, updated CV, and references. The scholarship reward for candidates is $8,000 (INR 6 Lakhs).
The Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program
This award entitles recipients to work for the Department of Defense during their summers of education and for a period after graduation. Candidates require a minimum GPA of 3.0, persuasion of national-security related degree, US citizen status, ability to obtain a security clearance, SOP, official transcripts, updated CV, and references. The grant details include full tuition + salary + benefits.
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
It is another extremely distinguished prize, the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program is open to Master and Doctoral students in STEM subjects (including cybersecurity). This scholarship helps to fund graduate research. The award amount is $46,000 (INR 34 Lakhs) a year.
Sourcefire Snort Scholarship
The SourceFire Snort Scholarship is offered to students in their senior year of high school through PhD studies. This scholarship also has no job requirements. The only proof of completion of a computer science-related discipline and an application are necessary. Those who are relatives of Cisco employees are not eligible to apply. The reward of this scholarship is $10,000 (INR 7.5 Lakhs).
The Stokes Program
This scholarship is also for candidates pursuing a service program. After being admitted to an accredited school, this prize must be applied for in one’s senior year of high school. Applicants who are selected must intend to pursue studies in essential computer science subjects, such as information assurance. The award for this scholarship scheme is $40,000 (INR 30.35 Lakhs).
Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security (SWSIS) Program Scholarship
The scholarship programme is sponsored by ACSA and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, a long-time leader in the field of information security. Female undergraduate students in their juniors and seniors, as well as those seeking Master’s degrees, are eligible to participate in the programme. Applicants must demonstrate a long-term interest in cybersecurity-related disciplines through major coursework, employment in the field, or participation in cybersecurity clubs. The prize money ranges from $5,000 to $10,000 (INR 3.7 Lakhs – 7.5 Lakhs).
(ISC)2 Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarship
Undergraduate and graduate students can apply for (ISC)2 scholarships. Graduate applicants must have a 3.2 GPA or higher, while undergraduate students must have a 3.0 GPA. Applicants must be pursuing a degree in a discipline related to information security. The award amount is $5,000 (INR 3.7 Lakhs).
Also Read: Cyber Security Courses: A Detailed Guide
Cyber Security Scholarships for Undergraduate
Let’s take a look at the popular cybersecurity scholarships for undergraduates:
- Central Intelligence Agency – Undergraduate Scholarship Program: This scholarship is for students who are looking for a government job after college.
- The Stokes Educational Scholarship Program (NSA): It is similar to the CIA scholarship. It means the students agree to work with the organization.
- (ISC) 2 Scholarship – Undergraduate: Students studying in the cybersecurity sector are eligible to apply regardless of their citizenship.
- The Snort Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by Cisco.
- American Security Professional Fellowships: This scholarship is awarded by Heinz College.
Kickstart Your Career in Cyber Security
Cyber Security Scholarships for Postgraduate
Some cyber security fields necessitate advanced degrees. Below-mentioned is the cyber security scholarships for postgraduate students:
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Scholarship: This scholarship is available to those pursuing their master’s or doctoral degree.
- (ISC) 2 Scholarship – Graduate: Students studying in the cybersecurity sector are eligible to apply regardless of their citizenship.
Also Read: PG Diploma in Cyber Security
Cyber Security Scholarships for Women
The number is increasing as more women earn computer science degrees. Employers are happy to bring women’s talent into their organizations. Here’s a list of cybersecurity scholarships for Women:
- KnownBe4 Women in Cybersecurity Scholarship and Internship: This scholarship specializes in security awareness training and phishing campaigns.
- (ISC)2 Women in Information Security Scholarship: Women candidates studying in the cybersecurity sector are eligible to apply regardless of their citizenship.
- SWSIS (Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security) Program Scholarship: It is eligible for this scholarship, women candidates must be enrolled in US-accredited institutions.
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program: Three scholarships are awarded by Google in memory of Dr Anita Borg.
- VIP’s Women in Technology Scholarship: Offered to women who are pursuing 3 – 4 years of degrees in computer science, IT and cybersecurity.
- Women in Technology Fellowships: This scholarship is offered by Heinz College which provides a limited number of half-tuition.
Top Universities Offering Cyber Security Courses
Cybersecurity ensures the safety of our personal and official data and information online. There are many academic institutions around the globe that offer the aforementioned programmes in cybersecurity to train students to effectively defending cyber threats. Here are some of the major universities you can consider for pursuing a cybersecurity course:
- Cardiff University
- Tufts University
- The University of Maryland– College Park
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Georgia University of Technology
- Illinois University of Technology
- University of South Australia
- Coventry University
- Aston University
- Rochester Institute Of Technology
- University Of Pittsburgh
- Texas A&M University
- University Of California
- George Mason University
- Syracuse University
- Boston University
- University Of Houston
- Johns Hopkins University
- British Columbia University of Technology
- University of Sunderland
Must Read: Cyber Law Careers, Jobs, Courses, Salary 2022
If you’re planning to pursue a course in Cyber Security abroad, Leverage Edu experts can guide you in selecting the best university to study this course so that you can begin a thriving career in the field of Cyber Security.