HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship Support is a unique scholarship scheme developed to support students who are facing difficulties in continuing their education. HDFC Scholarship supports students suffering from financial difficulties or personal hardships and are unable to bear the cost of education. The scheme’s benefits can be availed by students studying in class 6 through class 12 along with those pursuing diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
Also Read: HDFC Education Loan
This Blog Includes:
|Provided By||HDFC Bank|
|Rewards||School Fee: Rs.10,000/-
College/University Fee: Rs.25,000/-
|Scholarship Criteria||Studying in class 6 – 12
Pursuing UG/PG Degree
|HDFC Scholarship Application 2021 Available||February 2021|
The HDFC scholarship is conducted under the Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) annually during the months of July/August. Follow the timeline and stay updated on the deadline and important dates to applying for the scholarship
|Application Term||From 1st week of July to 2nd week of August|
|Announcement of result||Last week of September|
|Disbursement of the scholarship amount||Last week of October|
The HDFC Scholarship is founded on the belief that a student’s economic situation should not be detrimental to his education and therefore his future. It supports students of all ages and backgrounds. The eligibility criteria have been given below:
- The applicant must be a student of any of the following: Class 6 to Class 12 in a government, private or government-aided school; enrolled in an undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD courses at a university recognized by Government, State, UGC or AICTE. Courses can be full time as well as part-time or Polytechnic, Diploma or ITI courses.
- The student must be unable to cover the expenses of their education and risk dropping out due to an economic crisis or a family hardship that has occurred within the last three years.
Also Read: Education Loan without Collateral
Successful HDFC scholarship applicants are rewarded in the following way:
- School students receive a total of INR 10,000 or the annual school fee.
- College students receive INR 25000 or whole of their annual fee.
- Polytechnic, Diploma or ITI students receive INR 25000 or whole of their annual fee.
In all three cases, the lower amount of the two alternatives is incurred.
Mode of Payment
The means of payment for the HDFC scholarship is through a Demand Draft(DD) written in favour of the respective institution. The awardees do not receive the amount directly or in cash.
HDFC Scholarship Application Process
In order to apply for the scheme, students need to go through the following steps:
- The HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship can only be applied online. Prospective students are required to visit the HDFC Bank ECSS Scholarship page.
- After clicking the ‘apply now’ button, applicants are required to fill in personal, family and educational details
- They are also required to upload all the necessary and relevant documents there itself.
- Finally, submit the form.
There are a few essential documents that the bank needs in order to verify the given information. These have been mentioned below:
- Marksheets of the last grade attended.
- Proof of address (Aadhaar/ Voter ID/Driving License)
- Admission proof of current year (Fee receipt/ Admission letter/ Institution Id/ Bonafide Certificate)
- Educational institution’s (college/university) bank details.
- Proof of Income of the student must fulfill one of the following three criteria:
- Gram Panchayat/ Ward Counsellor/ Sarpanch issued
- SDM/DM/CO/Tehsildar issued
- Any kind of evidence related to the crisis faced.
The HDFC scholarship outlines the important documents required during the application process:
- In cases, when the earning member has suffered death: Death Certificate or FIR copy.
- In cases of job loss of earning member due to an accident, medical condition, or disability: FIR copy, medical receipt, disability certificate, medical documents, termination letter, and an affidavit from the gazetted officer.
- In cases of orphan/deserted children: A court order/document from recognized organisation.
- In cases of bankruptcy/ business failures: Income proofs.
- In cases of medical costs related to a family member: medical documents.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants must read through the relevant terms and documents and check with the bank once before applying:
- The scholarship amount is awarded only through a Demand Draft and strictly prohibits direct or cash payment.
- All the successful applicants will be intimated through their registered numbers on their selection. No other method is used.
- The nearest HDFC branch will contact the selected students directly for DD collection.
- Generally, the scholarship grant is valid for one year and can be extended for a maximum of another year for which a separate application has to be submitted.
For any doubts regarding the HDFC scholarship, students can contact the nearest branch of the bank. Students can also call/email on the relevant details given below:
Phone No. – 022 3075 1030/022 3075 1006
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a scholarship to study abroad, also read:
- Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in UK
- Top Scholarships for Indian Students To Study Abroad
One of biggest factors that determines one’s educational qualification as well as where they pursue their education is the finances. If you are planning to study abroad and are looking for scholarship opportunities, the experts at Leverage Edu can help you overcome this obstacle so that you can achieve your dreams.