Education is such an essential part of personality development and one of the rights of being a citizen of the country must be attained by every single person of the country. Considering the current education system in India, those who want to seek quality education have to pay the skyrocketing fee! But to rescue the academically brilliant students and to entitle them with an opportunity to prosper, there are a lot of scholarships for Indian students. UP Scholarship is one such popular scheme for the students of the state, which provides financial aid exclusively to students residing in Uttar Pradesh. It is one highly reputable venture by the Government which lets children from economically weaker sections get closer to their career aspirations and can even conquer the dream to study abroad.
|Application timeline for UP Pre-Matric Scholarships (Class 9th and 10th)||Application Start Date: 18 May 2023
Online Application Deadline: 7 October 2023
Status Available Date: 25 November 2023
Scholarship amount to be sent to student’s bank account: Tentatively by 31 March 2024
|Application timeline for UP Post-Matric Scholarships (class 11th and 12th/Dashmottar)||Application Start Date: 10 May 2023
Online Application Deadline: 10 December 2023
Status Available Date: 26 November 2023
Scholarship amount to be sent to student’s bank account: Tentatively by 31 March 2024
|Timeline for correction of UP Pre-Matric Scholarships||9 to 19 November 2023|
|Timeline for correction of UP Post-Matric Scholarships||19 to 27 January 2024|
This Blog Includes:
- UP Scholarship Provider Details
- List of UP Scholarships
- Courses Covered
- Eligibility Criteria for UP Scholarships
- Essential Documents
- Step-by-Step Application Process
- Renewal Process
- UP Scholarships – Trend
- Points to Remember
- Terms and Conditions
- UP Scholarship Status
- UP Scholarship Helpline Number
UP Scholarship Provider Details
The UP scholarship is made available to deserving students who want to pursue higher education by the subsidiary departments within the state government of Uttar Pradesh. They offer a variety of UP scholarship programs to students from reserved categories who are enrolled in classes at various grade levels. The information about the programs and the supporting departments that offer them is tabulated below:
|UP Scholarship Schemes||Scheme Providers|
|Pre-Matric UP Scholarship for SC/ ST/ General Category||Social Welfare Department|
|Pre-Matric UP Scholarship for Minorities||Minority Department|
|Pre-Matric UP Scholarship for OBC||Backward Class Welfare Department|
|Post-Matric Intermediate UP Scholarship for SC/ ST/ General Category||Social Welfare Department|
|Post-Matric Intermediate UP Scholarship for Minorities||Minority Department|
|Post-Matric Intermediate UP Scholarship for OBC||Backward Class Welfare Department|
|Post-Matric (Other than Intermediate) UP Scholarship for SC/ ST/ General Category||Social Welfare Department|
|Post-Matric (Other than Intermediate) UP Scholarship for Minorities||Minority Department|
|Post-Matric (Other than Intermediate) UP Scholarship for OBC||Backward Class Welfare Department|
|Post-Matric (Other State) UP Scholarship for SC/ ST/ General Category||Social Welfare Department|
List of UP Scholarships
Before we go on and take a look at all the important aspects, let us first go through the list of all the schemes covered under this term for 2023-24. They are as follows-
|Name of the Scholarship||Offering Body||Tentative Deadline|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for OBC, Uttar Pradesh||Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for OBC Students, Uttar Pradesh||Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Uttar Pradesh||Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||Minority Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||Minority Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||Minority Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Post matric Other State Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Post matric (Other than Intermediate) Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
|Pre-matric Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to October|
Are you wondering about the courses you can opt for through these schemes offered at UP? Below mentioned are the programs or standards for which the aspirants from UP can seek financial help.
- Class 9
- Class 10
- Class 11
- Class 12
- Undergraduate Course
- Postgraduate Course
- Certificate Programs
- Diploma/ Other Examination
Eligibility Criteria for UP Scholarships
Since the UP government avails of the scheme, it is mandatory for the aspirants to completely align with all of the set eligibility criteria. Many of those who apply get rejected because of the mere discrepancies in their applications. Thus, before beginning with the process, let us have a look at the set entry requisites.
- Those seeking financial aid for pre-matric (Class 9-10), should be studying in either class 9th or 10th
- For the post-matric classes, students must have qualified for class 10th and have got admission into Class 11 or 12.
- For the post-matric other than Class 11-12 programs, students must have completed Class 12 and should be enrolled in a higher education program in any university of the state
- Pre-Matric Scholarship: For the students applying for this, the yearly income of the family must be not more than INR 1 lakh.
- Post Metric Scholarship: The maximum annual income of the family must be less than INR 2 lakh for all the categories.
- Post Matric Scholarships other than 12th: From all the sources, the annual income of the family must not increase by INR 2 lakhs for all the categories.
- Applicant must be a domicile of Uttar Pradesh.
- The candidates must be compulsorily enrolled in a school or university of the state.
As a part of the application process, it is essential to upload a copy of the documents. However, the application process remains incomplete without the proper submission of valid documents. Here is a list of those which you will need while filling up the application form:
- Caste Certificate
- Marksheet and certificate of the qualifying exams
- Aadhar Card
- Date of birth proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Annual Income Certificate
- Bank passbook
- Receipt of fee submitted
- Latest passport size photograph
- Fee receipt number
- Fee receipt submitted to the school/ college
- Registration number with the current board or university
Step-by-Step Application Process
For all those who are looking forward to applying, it is essential to be familiar with the steps that one has to follow in order to apply for it. Candidates are advised to visit the official website of the UP government and proceed as per the below-mentioned steps-
- Visit the official website and click on new registration
- Choose the offer you are applying for
- Fill in all the compulsory details and click on submit to register
- For future reference do not forget to take out the printout of the registration slip
- Login into your student account using your registration number and password
- A new page containing various important instructions with respect to filling out the application form will be there on your screen
- Read all the instructions in detail and tick on the given below box to proceed further
- Now you will be transferred to the user dashboard where you have to select the option of ‘fill in application form’
- Now mention all the important details in the application form and click on submit
- After putting in all your important details, you will be asked to upload your latest photograph along with other important documents
This is an important step as candidates will not be able to renew or make changes to the information that they have filled in the application form. Thus, candidates are advised to check the details field thoroughly.
Once the submission is complete, applicants are advised to take a printout of the form and submit it to their designated institutions.
To renew the PFMS Scholarship, go to the official UP scholarship website and check out the below steps for the renewal process for the year 2022-23:
- Step 1- Visit the Uttar Pradesh Grants Official Portal- SAKSHAM
- Step 2- Click on ‘New Registration‘ under the student section
- Step 3- Select from the below renewal options listed on the portal:
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/General Category- (Renewal)|
|Post-Matric Intermediate Scholarship for SC/ST/General Category- (Renewal)|
|Post-Matric Other than Intermediate Scholarship for SC/ST/General Category- (Renewal)|
|Post-Matric Other State Scholarship for SC/ST/General Category- (Renewal)|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Category- (Renewal)|
|Post-Matric Intermediate Scholarship for OBC Category- (Renewal)|
|Post-Matric Other than Intermediate Scholarship for OBC Category- (Renewal)|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minority Category- (Renewal)|
|Post-Matric Intermediate Scholarship for Minority Category- (Renewal)|
|Post-Matric Other than Intermediate Scholarship for Minority Category- (Renewal)|
- Step 4- Fill in the details in the Application form and click on submit.
- Step 5- After successful registration, the system will send the registration details to the mobile and email of the applicant.
- Step 6- Login to the student dashboard using the system-generated registration number, date of birth, and password. Select from the below applicable login options on the portal.
- Pre-Matric Renewal Login
- Post-Matric Intermediate Renewal Login
- Post-Matric Other than Intermediate Renewal Login
- Step 7- Fill in the Renewal Application Form and upload the supporting documents.
- Step 8- Thoroughly review the application form for correctness.
- Step 9- Click on Submit and take a printout of the application form.
- Step 10- Students need to submit the hard copy of the Renewal Application form at the respective educational institution. Please note that the application is considered incomplete without hardcopy submission.
UP Scholarships – Trend
Students can check the trend followed by the various Uttar Pradesh government in the years 2021 and 2022. However, the number of students applying for grants has increased in the last few years, and the same is expected from the years 2023-24:
|Scholarship||Registrations||Final Submission||Forwarded by the Institutions|
|Post-Matric other than 11-12||17,55,617||5,71,404||41,038|
|Post matric class 11-12||17,07,050||8,06,691||1,07,495|
|Pre matric class 9-10||22,64,939||14,96,361||4,94,660|
Points to Remember
Here are some important points that you must remember –
- This scheme is available for all students irrespective of their caste and background. Thus, students are advised to thoroughly check the eligibility criteria section before applying so that there is no scope for any discrepancy. Forms with issues in eligibility criteria will be rejected.
- Students will not be allowed to avail of any scholarship if they are enrolled in a blacklisted institution. To know more about the Institutions under this list, visit the official website.
- The official website has a separate window through which candidates can check the status of their application using their registration number and password.
- The portal advises students will check all the essential information from the official website.
Terms and Conditions
- This scheme is offered to all candidates, regardless of caste, including SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority/ General.
- All data in the UP online application form, as well as all supporting papers, must be accurate in order for the application to be approved.
- The phone number you enter in the UP online form should be current and functional.
- Applicants must send the hard copy of the online form as well as any supporting documentation to the appropriate institution.
- Applicants are urged to check the official website on a frequent basis to stay up to date on the status of their applications.
UP Scholarship Status
The UP scholarship portal also enables applicants to follow the progress of their submissions in real time. Logging into the portal will allow new and returning applicants to follow the status of their UP scholarship applications. By connecting to their dashboards, new applicants can examine the UP scholarship status for 2022. The UP scholarship portal’s “Status” feature, however, allows current applicants to access the applications from prior cycles.
UP Scholarship Helpline Number
If the candidates have any queries regarding the UP scholarship, they can reach out to the helpdesk. The UP scholarship hotline numbers are listed below:
- Contact numbers: 0522-2209270, 0522-2288861, 0522-2286199
- Helpline toll-free number: 18001805131 (Backward Class Welfare), 18001805229 (Minority Welfare)
To get the Sarkari scholarship award, you need to the official website of the same and get yourself registered on the tab of New Registration. Once you have registered, you must apply for the UP 2022 scholarship.
Yes, the Aadhar card along with the Aadhar card number is necessary to apply for the UP Sarkari Scholarship.
Students coming from weaker backgrounds and from minority communities such as Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Muslims and Parsis, who are studying in India can be eligible to apply for the scholarship schemes. They must meet the eligibility requirements and the guidelines of the scheme in order to do so.
UP Scholarship money for the Pre-Matric scholarship will come into a bank account by March 2022 and for Post-Matric also the amount will be credited by March 2022.
Students must check the UP Grant Status by logging in to the SAKSHAM Portal. The UP Government uploads the details of the students who are qualified for the Scholarship UP programme. If the student’s name is not mentioned in the list, then the application is rejected by the authorities.
Thus, we hope that this blog about the UP Scholarship 2023-24 has helped you gain insights into the details of your application process. If you want to explore the domain of overseas education, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu.