Mere financial constraints can not refrain us from attaining our dream education. But often students stuck in such situations are bound to give up on higher education. Education is such an essential part of personality development and one of the rights being a citizen of the country, must be attained by every single person of the country. Considering the current education system in India, those who want to seek quality education have to pay the skyrocketing fee! But to rescue the academically brilliant students and to entitle them with an opportunity to prosper, there are a lot of scholarships for Indian students. One such popular scholarship is UP Scholarship, which provides financial aid exclusively to the students residing in Uttar Pradesh. It is one highly reputable venture by the Government which lets the children from the economically weaker sections get closer to their career aspirations and can even conquer the dream to study abroad.
This Blog Includes:
|Name of the Scholarship||UP Scholarships 2021-2022|
|Offering Body||Department of Social Welfare, Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Applicable State||Uttar Pradesh|
|Available Schemes||-Pre Matric
-Post Matric other than Intermediate
-Post Matric other than State
|Mode of Application||Online|
Tentative Dates for 2021
|Application Period for Pre Matric Scholarship||24th July 2020 extended till 21st January 2021|
|Application Period for Post Matric Scholarship||15th December 2020|
|Correction Period for Pre Matric Scholarship||29th December 2020- 10th January 2021|
|Correction Period for Post Matric Scholarship||20th January 2021- 30th January 2021|
|Distribution Pre Matric||22nd February 2021|
|Distribution Post Matric||25th March 2021|
List of UP Scholarships
Before we go on and take a look at what all are the important aspects of UP scholarships, let us first go through the list of scholarships-
|Name of the Scholarship||Offering Body||Tentative Deadline|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for OBC, Uttar Pradesh||Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for OBC Students, Uttar Pradesh||Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Uttar Pradesh||Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||Minority Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||Minority Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||Minority Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Post matric Other State Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Post matric (Other than Intermediate) Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
|Pre-matric Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||July to December|
Are you wondering about the courses you can opt for through the scholarship offered in UP? Below mentioned are the programs or standards for which the aspirants form UP can seek financial help.
- Class 9th
- Class 10th
- Class 11th
- Class 12th
- Undergraduate Course
- Postgraduate Course
- Certificate Programs
- Diploma/ Other Examination
Since the UP government avails the scheme, it is mandatory for the aspirants to completely align with all of the set eligibility criteria. Many of those who apply get rejected because of the mere discrepancies in their applications. Thus, before beginning with the process, let us have a look at the set entry requisites.
- For those seeking financial aid for pre-matric (class 9th- 10th), should be studying in either class 9th or 10th
- For the post metric classes, students must have qualified class 10th and had got admission into the class 11th or 12th
- For the post-matric other than class 11th-12th programs, students must have completed class 12th and should be enrolled in a higher education program in any university of the state
- Pre Matric Scholarship: For the students applying for the scholarship, the yearly income of the family must be not more than 1 lakh
- Post Metric Scholarship: The maximum annual income of the family must be less than 2 lakh for all the categories
- Post Matric Scholarships other than 12th: From all the sources, the annual income of the family must not increase 2 lakhs for all the categories
- Applicants must be a domicile of Uttar Pradesh
- The candidates must be compulsorily enrolled in a school or university of the state
As a part of the application process, it is essential to upload a copy of the documents. However, the application process remains incomplete without the proper submission of the valid documents. Here is a list of those which you will need while filling up the application form:
- Caste Certificate
- Marksheet and certificate of the qualifying exams
- Aadhar Card
- Date of birth proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Annual Income Certificate
- Bank passbook
- Receipt of fee submitted
- Latest passport size photograph
- Fee receipt number
- Fee receipt submitted to the school/ college
- Registration number with the current board or university
UP Scholarships: Step-by-Step Application Process
For all those who are looking forward to applying for the UP scholarships, it is essential to be familiar with the steps that one has to follow in order to apply for it. Candidates are advised to visit the official website of the UP government and proceed as per the below-mentioned steps-
- Visit the official website and click on new registration (https://scholarship.up.gov.in/)
- Go under the scholarship you are applying for
- fill in all the compulsory details and click on submit to register
- Future references do not forget to take out the print out of the registration slip
- Login into your student account using your registration number and password
- A new page containing various important instructions with respect to filling the application form will be there on your screen
- Read all the instructions in detail and tick on the the given below box to proceed further
- now you will be transferred to the user dashboard where you have to select the option of ‘fill in application form’
- Now mention all the important details in the application form and click on submit
- After putting in all your important details, you will be asked to upload your latest photograph along with other important documents
This is an important step as candidates will not be able to renew or make changes to the information that they have filled in the application form. Thus, candidates are advised to check in the details field thoroughly.
Once the submission is complete, applicants are advised to take a printout of the form and submit it in their designated institutions.
UP Scholarship: Vital Points to Remember
Here are some important points that you must remember related to UP scholarship-
- UP scholarship is available for all the students irrespective of their caste and background. Thus, students are advised to thoroughly check the eligibility criteria section before applying for the scholarship so that there is no scope of any discrepancy. Forms with issues in eligibility criteria will be rejected.
- Students will not be allowed to avail any scholarship if they are enrolled in a blacklisted institution. To know more about the Institutions under this list, visit the official website.
- The official website has a separate window through which candidates can check the status of their application using their registration number and password.
- The portal advises students will check all the essential information from the official website.
UP Scholarship Contact Details
To help you out with the contact details regarding the UP scholarship, we have mention the the important contact numbers-
|UP scholarship Customer Care Phone: 0522-2209270, 0522-2288861, 0522-2286199
Toll-free Number: 18001805131 (Backward Class Welfare), 18001805229 (Minority Welfare)
To get the Sarkari scholarship award, you need to the official website of the same and get yourself registered on the tab of New Registration. Once you have registered, you must apply for the UP 2021 scholarship.
Yes, the Aadhar card along with the Aadhar card number is necessary to apply for the UP Sarkari Scholarship.
Students coming from weaker backgrounds and from minority communities such as Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Muslims and Parsis, who are studying in India can be eligible to apply for the scholarship schemes. They must be meeting the eligibility requirements and the guidelines of the scheme in order to do so.
UP scholarship is announced every year during the month of July and August.
To check the status of your UP scholarship application for 2020-2021, you can follow the below mentioned steps-
-Visit the official website
-Click on the button- status
-From the drop down select, application status 2020 and 2021
-Enter your registration number, date of birth and password
-Now click on the search button and your status will be visible
Thus, we hope that this blog about UP Scholarship has helped you gain the insights of the details related to the scholarships. If you want to explore the domain of overseas education through lucrative scholarships, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu.