Kotak Mahindra Bank launched the Kotak Kanya Scholarship as a collaborative CSR project that aims to help girls from underprivileged societies. Students will be awarded up to Rs. 1 Lakh every year after clearing Class 12. With this scholarship, Kotak Mahindra Foundation groups aim to support and empower underprivileged students by providing financial assistance.
This Blog Includes:
What is the Kotak Kanya Scholarship?
Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a Corporate Social Responsibility Project by Kotak Mahindra Group companies on education and livelihood, implemented in collaboration with Kotak Education Foundation. The scholarship aims to financially support meritorious girl students from underprivileged sections of society to enable them to pursue higher education after their senior secondary.
|Scholarship Name||Kotak Kanya Scholarship|
|Scholarship Provider||Kotak Education Foundation|
|Eligible Candidates||Meritorious Girl Students|
|Eligible Courses||Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Designing, Specialised Commerce, etc|
|Scholarship Amount||Up to Rs. 1 lakh|
|Contact Details||+91-11-430-92248 (Ext: 262)|
Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||9th August 2021|
|Last Date of Application||30th September 2021|
|Result Announcement||November 2021|
Also Read: Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for 2021-22
Kotak Kanya Scholarship aims to empower and educate the girls that belong to the underprivileged section of society. There are other eligibility requirements to be fulfilled by all applicants:
- Only for girl students across India
- Applicants must have secured admission to first-year graduation program from a reputed institution (NAAC/NBA/UGC accredited) for professional academic pursuits such as graduate courses like Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Designing, Specialised Commerce, Finance and Computer courses or professional courses pursued alongside graduation like CA, CS, CFA, CWA, LLB.
- Applicants must have scored 75% or more marks or equivalent CGPA in standard 12th board examinations
- Applicant’s annual family income must be Rs 3 lakh (Rupees Three lakh) or less.
- Beneficiaries can not be children of Kotak Mahindra Group, Kotak Education Foundation andBuddy4Study
Also Read: IDFC First Bank Flagship MBA Scholarship
Scholarship Amount under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021
Scholarships of up to Rs. 1 lakh per year will be given to the selected scholars till completion of their professional graduation courses/degrees. The scholarship amount under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 can be utilized only to cover academic expenses, including tuition fees, hostel fees (applicable only for on-campus hostel), internet, laptop, books, stationery. The scholarship amount will be directly credited to the student’s bank account after completing the selection process. The list of selected candidates is also available on the official website of Kotak Education Foundation.
The online application form is available on the official website. To get the benefits of the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021:
- Visit the Kotak Kanya Scholarship website
- Read carefully all the information about the scholarship and check if you’re eligible for the scholarship
- Tap on “Click Here” to apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 Online
- On the application page, register yourself by entering your email address, a password will be sent to your email.Log on with the same
- Start filling out the application form available on the site by clicking on the ‘Start Application’ button
- Upload all the required documents in pdf/jpg format
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Preview’
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process
- Your application form will be submitted successfully. You will receive an SMS/Email regarding your Submission of the Scholarship application form
Also Read: IET India Scholarship Award 2021
Students will be required to submit the mandatory documents at the time of application. Without submitting these documents, applications will be considered incomplete.
- Marksheet of previous qualifying examination (Class 12)
- Current academic year fee receipt/bonafide letter/ID card (from the university or institution you are enrolled in)
- Income proof of parents/guardians
- Aadhaar card
- Bank details and documents
- Passport size photograph
The selection of scholars for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 will be made on the basis of the academic merit and financial background of applicants. The selection is a multi-stage process:
- Initial shortlisting of applicants will be based on academic merit, financial background, and personal challenges (crisis, orphan, single parent-child, disability, etc.)
- The highest performing girl students will appear for two rounds of interviews
- The final selection and the awarding of the scholarship will be at the discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation
Also Read: Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
Kotak Kanya Scholarship Renewal Application
Kotak Education Foundation provides the Kotak Kanya scholarship to the selected students till the end of their current graduation course. To get the scholarship amount every year, candidates have to apply for renewal for the Kotak Kanya scholarship scheme. The renewal of the scholarship every year will be at the sole discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation.
- No dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- No disciplinary issues
- Academic performance should always be more than 6 Grade Point Average (GPA) or over 70% or equivalent
About Kotak Mahindra Group
Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India’s leading financial services conglomerates since 1985. It offers a wide range of financial services from commercial banking, to stock broking, mutual funds, life and general insurance, and investment banking, catering to different financial needs of individuals and the corporate sector.
Also Read: Study Abroad Scholarships
About Kotak Education Foundation
Established on 14th January 2007, KEF has a mission to address urban poverty through education and livelihood initiatives. KEF provides scholarships, vocational training, skill training programs which entail learning programs with several schools, teachers, and students. It works extensively in the impoverished areas of Mumbai – slums of Deonar, Govandi Chembur, Kurla, Dharavi, etc. to empower children and youth from underprivileged families. KEF’s scholarship for meritorious students includes financial assistance, mentoring, and coaching sessions.
This was all about the Kotak Kanya scholarship. For more latest scholarships and schemes, stay tuned to Leverage Edu.