Medical scholarships provide incentives not only for students who wish to pursue MBBS, but also for those who want to take up nursing, dental, pharma and other related subjects. It is well known that paying for medical school is expensive, hence, scholarships for medical students are very important. Several colleges, foundations, business organizations and governments have different kinds of scholarships for MBBS students to make medical education accessible. In this blog, we talk in detail about the scholarship for MBBS students
Also Read: Study MBBS in the UK
This Blog Includes:
Scholarships for MBBS Students in India
Here are the top medical scholarships for MBBS Students:
- Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST Senior)
- Bharati Scheme for Education
- Vijayalakshmi R.L. Jalappa Scholarship
- Vahani Scholarship
- HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship
- Combined Counselling Board Scholarship
- All India Pre-medical Scholarship Test
- All India Youth Scholarship Entrance Examination (AIYSEE)
- Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- SHDF Scholarships
Explore: How to Study MBBS in Australia?
Scholarship for MBBS Students to Study Abroad
Here are the medical scholarships for Indian students to study MBBS abroad:
- Algoma University Chancellor’s Award
- NCI Master’s Edge Scholarship
- JGC-S Scholarship Foundation
- Sato Yo International Scholarship Foundation
- Pearl International Award
Scholarship for NEET Qualified Students
Here are the medical scholarships available for NEET Qualified students:
- College Admission Scholarship Application (CASA)
- Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarships
- INSPIRE Scholarship
- AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
- Foundation For Excellence (FFE) Scholarship
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards
- National Scholarship Test (NST)
- Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship
- Indian Oil Academics Scholarship
Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test
This scholarship for medical students is available to
- 1st or 2nd year students enrolled in an MBBS/BAMS/BHMS or BDS degree.
- Students who have cleared class 12 examinations in the Science stream.
- 3rd and 4th year students can also apply under the ‘Senior II’ category.
Students can apply online on the official NEST website.
This scholarship covers the tuition fee up to a maximum of INR 50,000.
Also Read: MBBS from Abroad
Bharati Scheme for Education
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship for MBBS students is mentioned below.
- The candidate and their parents must belong to a Brahmin family and reside in Andhra Pradesh.
- Students from class 1 to PG are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The candidate must have cleared all their exams in the previous year of study.
- The family’s annual income must not be more than INR 3,00,000.
- The candidate must not be receiving any other benefit except from Archaka Welfare Trust.
Students will have to visit the Andhra Pradesh Brahmin Welfare Corporation website to apply for this scholarship.
This scholarship provides students with up to INR 20,000.
Vijayalakshmi R.L. Jalappa Scholarship
The eligibility criteria for the Vijayalakshmi R.L. Jalappa scholarship for MBBS students is mentioned below.
- The applicant must come from the community of Arya Idiga and be a resident of the districts of Bangalore Urban, Bangalore Rural, Ramanagara, Kolar, Chikkaballapura, Tumkur, Mandya, Mysore, Chamarajnagara, Hassan, Chitradurga, Davanagere and Bellary.
- PUC, diploma, ITI, any general degree, B.E., BVSC, B. Pharma, BHMS, BDS, MBBS, any master’s degree, MVSC or M. Pharma, must be pursued by the candidate.
- The nominee must have reached a cut-off percentage of 60 percent or above.
- Both members of the applicant’s family must be BPL card holders, low-income farmers or agricultural employees.
- A standard student must be the candidate.
Apply online via the SMT Application Page. Foundation for Vijayalakshmi R.L Jalappa Education.
This scholarship provides financial assistance to selected candidates.
Must Read: BDS to MBBS Bridge Course
The eligibility criteria for the Vahani scholarship, a scholarship for medical students, is listed below.
- The applicant has to be a Class 12 student.
- The nominee must have experienced exceedingly challenging circumstances.
- There must be bright potential for the candidates.
Submit your application offline after you have downloaded the form from Vahani’s website.
It covers the entire course fee of the undergraduate course
HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship
The eligibility criteria for the HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship, which is one of the most sought-after scholarships for MBBS students is mentioned below.
- Applicants who study in government-aided or private schools in classes 6 to 12 can apply.
- Applicants can apply for undergraduate or postgraduate (full-time or part-time) degrees or diploma courses at colleges or universities recognized under the rules of the AICTE/UGC/State/Central Government.
- Eligible are applicants whose family is facing an unfortunate event/crisis that has occurred in the previous two years.
Apply online via the HDFC ECSS Scholarship Application Website.
The scholarship amount ranges between INR 10,000 to INR 25,000.
Yes, students can avail of scholarships to study MBBS, it can be either government scholarships or private scholarships depending on the needs of the student.
The cost of studying MBBS ranges from 20 Lakh to 1 Cr.
The following are the popular scholarships for MBBS students:
Algoma University Chancellor’s Award
NCI Master’s Edge Scholarship
JGC-S Scholarship Foundation
Sato Yo International Scholarship Foundation
Pearl International Award
All the above-mentioned scholarships help hundreds of students achieve their dream of studying MBBS. The scholarship for MBBS students ensures that every student gets a chance to study what they are passionate about. All these institutions are doing a commendable job. To get more details on MBBS scholarships abroad, book a session with our experts at Leverage Edu today!