Canada is home to some of the best research universities offering excellent education across several disciplines. However, overseas education does not come easy, there are a lot of financial constraints which act as a barrier between you and your dream of studying abroad. Thus, Canada is one of the efficient countries that is consistently working towards improving the educational experiences of international students. Offering diverse degree programs in renowned universities and excellent work culture makes Canada a one-stop study destination. To cater to the financial needs of students, the Canadian government provides scholarship to international students planning to pursue higher education. In this blog, we’ll talk about scholarship in Canada for Masters. So, continue reading further.
List of Universities Offering Scholarship in Canada for Masters
There are several prestigious universities and colleges offering various scholarships, grants, and fellowships to international students aspiring to pursue graduate degree programs in Canada. The Canadian government in association with these universities have come up with specialised scholarship programs to help students lessen the financial burden of the family.
Let us understand the prominent scholarships in Canada for students planning to pursue a master’s course:
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The Canadian government has launched the Vanier Canada Scholarship programs to help Canadian institutes attract and scholarship retain highly qualified master’s degree students. The program has been established as a global centre of excellence in research and higher education. Under this program, a total of 167 scholarships is awarded by the government annually. Currently, there are nearly 500 international students pursuing master’s degree programs in various colleges in Canada. Here are some key points about this scholarship in Canada for masters:
- This scholarship program is only applicable to apply for masters and PhD courses.
- The scholarship amount of $50,000 will be allotted for 3 years during the course.
- The applicant must be nominated for the scholarship by their desired Canadian institution.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of academic excellence, leadership and research potential.
University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards
The International Masters and Doctoral Awards are effective for international students entering research-based graduate programs at the University of Waterloo. However, the university has eliminated the scholarship program for students enrolling for part-time master’s and doctoral courses. Here are some key points about the scholarship International Master’s and Doctoral Awards:
- Students are only eligible to be enlisted in full-time research-based graduate programs at the University of Waterloo.
- The candidates are required to hold a valid Canadian study permit.
- The scholarship amount of $2,045 is allotted for 2 terms in the period of 2 years.
- The candidates must meet the academic requirements.
- Moreover, the student should not be obtaining any other external award or sponsorship currently.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship program is funded by the provincial government to encourage excellence in graduate studies at the master’s and doctoral level. It is a merit-based scholarship in Canada for masters across all disciplines. Here are some key points about the scholarship:
- The scholarship amount of $15,00 is allotted every year and the minimum duration of the scholarship may be held for 2 consecutive terms.
- Students are required to score at least 75-80% in their bachelor’s course to be eligible for this scholarship program.
- Students are shortlisted on the basis of research ability in program study, academic excellence, communication and leadership skills.
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
The University of Manitoba Graduate Program is a merit-based award that is open to students from any part of the world aspiring to pursue full-time master’s and PhD programs in the Canadian universities. Below listed are some of the key points of the scholarship:
- The scholarship amount of $18,000 is allotted for a year.
- Students are eligible to receive fellowships for the first 24 months of their master’s program.
- Candidates with a minimum GPA of 3.75 are eligible to apply.
- Top Scholarships for Indian Students To Study Abroad
- Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in the UK
Scholarships are an effective way to pursue quality education without heavy financial constraints and this is exactly what a scholarship in Canada for masters aims at. If you’re planning to pursue a master’s in Canada and need assistance, get in touch without experts at Leverage Edu. We can help you in choosing the right course and best-suited university to help you build a flourishing career.