Thinking of studying law but not sure which country is best for you? UK is a popular study abroad destination for plenty of courses and law is one of them. The experience of studying in UK universities is incomparable to any other country. It is a perfect blend of quality education, top-class faculties and the home world’s oldest universities. Let’s find out the benefits of studying law in the UK!
This Blog Includes:
- Quick Route to Become a Lawyer
- Globally Recognised Law Programs
- Multiple Opportunities for Students
- Access to Free Healthcare
- Development of Key Skills
- Top Universities for Law in UK
- Application Process
- Documents Required for Law in UK
- Achieve Your Study Abroad Dream in the UK with the Right Mentorship from Leverage Edu!
Quick Route to Become a Lawyer
Students who opt for law in the UK can complete their course in a short period of time compared to other countries such as the USA and Canada. It offers one of the shortest routes to becoming a good lawyer. Law courses usually are for 3 years for UG courses which is then followed by a one-year legal practice course. Students can apply for a training contract with a law firm. The training period is usually two years.
Also Read: Study Masters in UK for Less than 14 Lakhs
Globally Recognised Law Programs
UK is one of the most popular destinations for studying abroad owing to its globally recognised programs. Pursuing a law degree from the UK, students will gain a degree that is recognised by most global organizations and law firms. This degree would act as a gateway to a global career. Law graduates from universities in the UK can apply to the bar in a number of countries like Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, and India. Oxford and Cambridge universities offer some of the best law programmes in the UK. A degree in law is indeed very prestigious and is a good enough reason to suggest that prospective law students should consider the UK
Multiple Opportunities for Students
Graduates of law from UK universities have the option to choose from numerous career paths. These include Barrister, Barrister’s clerk, Conveyancer, or Solicitor. Graduates can also work in the financial sector, as well as in management and academics. International students can stay in the UK to find a career of choice for themselves. The quality of post-graduation employment outcomes only adds to the benefits of studying law programmes in the UK.
Access to Free Healthcare
One of the unique features of the education system in the UK is the access to free healthcare by students who pursue courses from the UK. International students have access to free medical treatment while studying in the UK through the NHS (national health services). To avail of free healthcare services, students will have to pay a small International Health Surcharge (IHS).
Development of Key Skills
In addition to the multiple opportunities and global exposure, UK also helps in the development of important skills like:
- Research Skills
- Communication Skills
- Evaluation Skills
- Analytics Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Critical judgement Skills
Top Universities for Law in UK
|University||QS world rankings|
|University of Oxford||1|
|University of Cambridge||3|
|University College London||10|
|University of Edinburgh||20|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||27|
|King’s College, London||30|
The application process to apply for MBA in Birmingham is through an admission portal known as UCAS.
- Visit the website of UCAS
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements
- Click on the application form of the respective university
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address
- After creating your account, enter your academic and personal details.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
Documents Required for Law in UK
Students who wish to study law from the UK, must keep a list of documents handy at the time of admission process. These documents are
- Application form
- Scores of entrance exam – LNAT Exam (for law)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Proof of sufficient funds to study in Canada
- Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- Acceptable English Proficiency Tests:
- An updated CV (if required)
- Academic Transcripts for 10th and 12th class
- Birth certificate
Achieve Your Study Abroad Dream in the UK with the Right Mentorship from Leverage Edu!
Are you ready to pursue your dream course in UK? Reach out to our Leverage Edu counsellors or call us at 1800 572 000 and we will help you out with your application to Visa!