PU Undergraduate law entrance exam is conducted by Punjab University. Through the PU UGLAW, Exam students can secure admissions into the 5-year integrated programs offered by the colleges affiliated with Punjab University and the campuses of PU. The exam is usually an offline test, related to legal aptitude subjects. The test will be conducted within Chandigarh only. The final admissions will be offered based on the PU UG Law merit list, and the cut of marks i.e. 15% of the total marks (10% for SC/ ST/ Backward Class/ PwD category candidates) will be shortlisted. In this blog, we have covered all the important information related to PU UGLAW from eligibility, admission process, syllabus and more.
|Exam Name||Punjab University Under Graduate Law Entrance Exam|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
This Blog Includes:
- PU UGLAW 2023: Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- PU UGLAW 2023: Application Fee
- Exam Pattern
- Syllabus for PU UGLAW
- Colleges under PU UGLAW
- How to Prepare for the Exam
PU UGLAW 2023: Important Dates
|Important Events||Tentative dates|
|Application form release Date||March 2023|
|Application form final Date for online||March 2023|
|Application form final date for offline||April 2023|
|Admit card downloading||12th August 2023.|
|Entrance exam date||20th August 2023|
|The declaration of the results||12th September 2023|
|Admission form available||May 2023|
|Begin of the counselling process||June 2023|
Given below are the minimum eligibility criteria for applying to the PU UGLAW course.
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian origin are eligible to apply.
- Qualification: The candidate wishes to apply for the 10th and 12th class (HSC levels) or the intermediate exam from a recognised board of education (CBSE/ ICSE, etc.) with a minimum of 50% or 45% marks in aggregate (5% relaxation for reserved category). Candidates who have completed correspondence or distance education and hold a First Degree certificate or a 10+2 higher secondary pass certificate may also apply.
- Age Limit: There are no age requirements to apply for admission to the BCI (Bar Council of India).
Must Read: TS PGLCET
Candidates are required to fill in the following steps in order to apply for law courses at Punjab University
- Candidates who are interested can fill out the PU UGLAW 2023 Application Form online at uglaw.puchd.ac.in.
- Register on the official website at uglaw.puchd.ac.in by entering your email address and phone number.
- Fill in the correct email address because the application number or details will be sent to it.
- Fill in the Full name, Father/name, Mother’s correspondence address & permanent address, Gender, Academic Details, Birth Date, & valid Email ID in the Application form, and select programme, etc.
- To successfully register in PU UGLAW 2023, pay the application fees.
- After paying the application fees, print the confirmation page and acknowledge the slip, keeping it for future reference.
- Applicants must complete the PU UGLAW 2023 Application Form with all of the correct and complete information.
Candidates will be required to submit the following documents along with the application form.
- Self-attested copy of category certificate as issued by the competent authority
- Proforma for claiming 50% concession to PU Regular Employees (“B” and “C” Class) duly signed by Head/ Chairperson.
Must Read: DU LLM: Your Gateway to Study Law in Delhi University
PU UGLAW 2023: Application Fee
The application fee is an important component of the application process. The application fee will be paid online via debit card, MasterCard, or web banking. The application fee can also be paid using an SBI Challan.
The application fee for the entrance examination is Rs.2100/- (Rs.1050/- for the reserved category).
Candidates are advised to fill out the confirmation range within the form for future reference once the application fee has been successfully paid.
Given below are the features of the PU BA/ BCom LLB entrance exam
|Exam mode||Offline mode|
|Exam duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Test timings||10: 00 am to 11:30 am|
|Test language||English, Hindi and Punjabi|
|Total sections||Four subjects|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|Total marks||100 marks|
The sectional weightage of the test can be divided as follows.
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||60 questions||60 marks|
|Aptitude for Law||20 questions||20 marks|
|Mental Ability||10 questions||10 questions|
|English Language||10 questions||10 marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
Every correct answer will be given one mark. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total marks. No marks will be awarded or deducted for questions that have not been answered.
Syllabus for PU UGLAW
The PU UGLAW entrance exam will have 4 sections namely General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Aptitude for Law, Mental Ability and English Language. Following is the syllabus for the exam.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Major developments in the areas of sports, geopolitics and important environmental agreements
- UN bodies
- Eminent personalities
- Awards and honours
Aptitude for Law
- Law of Crimes
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- International Law
- Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Critical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
Colleges under PU UGLAW
|College Name||Course name|
|University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh||BA LLB|
|University Institute of Laws, Panjab University Regional Centre Civil Lines, Ludhiana||BA LLB|
|University Institute of Legal Studies, Swami Sarvanand Giri, PU Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur||BA LLB|
Must Read: AIL LET 2021
The candidates can check the result of the PU UGLAW exam on the official website. on reaching the homepage, click on the result section, followed by entering your login ID and password. The result page will mention details of scores obtained in each section, overall scores and rank as per the category.
Candidates require minimum marks for qualifying for the admission rounds. The minimum cut-off marks for PU UGLAW for:
General/OBC category – 15% marks in CET
Sc/ST/OBC/PWD – 10%. marks in CET
How to Prepare for the Exam
Here are general preparation tips for students who are aspiring to pursue PU UGLAW.
- Make a plan – First, it is important to plan your study properly. Devote some part of your day to GK and current affairs as the portion is vast as the ocean.
- Know the pattern and syllabus – candidates have to be well-versed in the exam pattern and the syllabus. This will help you plan your preparation according.
- Gather the study material – students have to refer to the books recommended by experts and toppers to prepare for PU UGLAW 2021. This will help clear your doubts and provide you with sufficient practice.
- Practise mock papers – solve as many sample papers and previous year’s question papers. This will help candidates enhance their test-taking skills and give an analysis of the preparation level. This will provide an analysis of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Revise thoroughly – lastly, revision is the most important step of preparation. It is important to prepare well and retain information for a longer duration, one should revise on a regular basis.
The deadline for Panjab University Admission 2022-23 is September 14, 2022.
Application forms for Panjab University are available on the official website, or you can download them directly from this link.
The applicant must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks.
This was all about PU UGLAW. We hope you find this blog helpful in gathering all the necessary information. For more important updates and content, subscribe to Leverage Edu.