PU Undergraduate law entrance exam is conducted by Punjab University. Through PU UGLAW Exam students can secure admissions into the 5 year integrated programs offered by the colleges affiliated with Punjab University and the campuses of PU. The exam is usually an offline test, related to legal aptitude subjects. The test will be conducted within Chandigarh only. The final admissions will be offered based on the PU UG Law merit list,and the cut of marks i.e. 15% of the total marks (10% for SC/ ST/ Backward Class/ PwD category candidates) will be shortlisted. In this blog, we have covered all the important information related to PU UGLAW from eligibility, admission process, syllabus and more.
|Exam Name||Punjab University Under Graduate Law Entrance Exam|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
This Blog Includes:
|Starting of PU UGLAW 2021 application forms in online mode||To be announced|
|Last date of registrations to create a login ID||To be announced|
|Issuing of PU UG LAW 2021 admit cards in online mode||To be announced|
|Date of PU UGLAW 2021 entrance exam||To be announced|
|Declaration of merit list||To be announced|
Given below is the minimum eligibility criteria for applying to the PU UGLAW course.
- Students should have completed their 10+2 examination from a recognized board or a university
- According to the guidelines by the Bar Council of India, there is no upper age limit to appear for the LLB program.
Candidates are required to fill the following steps in order to apply for law courses at Punjab University
Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website ie: https://uglaw.puchd.ac.in . candidates then have to register online. After completing the registration, candidates can fill the application form wherein they will be required to fill in details like Name, DOB, Email ID, mobile number, documents etc.
Step 2: To generate the fee challan, candidates will have to login using the user ID and password. Candidates will have to pay the fees of Rs 2175 in offline mode only at any branch of State Bank of India before the last date.
Step 3: after paying the fees and filing in other provisions, candidates can submit the application form. After this applicants must submit an application form along with the required documents to the university address.
Candidates wll b required to submit the following documents along with the application form.
- Self-attested copy of category certificate as issued by the competent authority
- Proforma for claiming 50% concession to PU Regular Employees (“B” and “C” Class) duly signed by Head/ Chairperson.
Given below are the features of PU BA/ BCom LLB entrance exam
|Exam mode||Offline mode|
|Exam duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Test timings||10: 00 am to 11:30 am|
|Test language||English, Hindi and Punjabi|
|Total sections||Four subjects|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|Total marks||100 marks|
The sectional weightage of the test can be divided as follows.
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||60 questions||60 marks|
|Aptitude for Law||20 questions||20 marks|
|Mental Ability||10 questions||10 questions|
|English Language||10 questions||10 marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
Every correct answer will be given one mark. For every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total marks. No marks will be awarded or deducted for questions that have not been answered.
Syllabus for PU UGLAW
The PU UGLAW entrance exam will have 4 sections namely General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Aptitude for Law, Mental Ability and English Language. Following is the syllabus for the exam.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Major developments in the areas of sports, geopolitics and important environmental agreements
- UN bodies
- Eminent personalities
- Awards and honours
Aptitude for Law
- Law of Crimes
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- International Law
- Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
College under PU UGLAW and Cut Offs
|College name||Course name||Cut Offs|
|University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh||BA LLB||180|
|University Institute of Laws, Panjab University Regional Centre Civil Lines, Ludhiana||BA LLB||60|
|University Institute of Legal Studies, Swami Sarvanand Giri, PU Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur||BA LLB||60|
The candidates can check the result of PU UGLAW exam on the official website. on reaching the homepage, click on the result section, followed by entering your login ID and password. The result page will mention details of scores obtained in each section, overall scores and rank as per the category.
Candidates require minimum marks for qualifying for the admission rounds. The minimum cut-off marks for PU UGLAW for:
General/OBC category – 15% marks in CET
Sc/ST/OBC/PWD – 10%. marks in CET
How to Prepare for the Exam
Here are general preparation tips for the students who are aspiring to pursue PU UGLAW.
- Make a plan – firstly it is important to plan your study properly. Devote some part of your day for GK and current affairs as the portion is vast as ocean.
- Know the pattern and syllabus – candidates have to be well-versed with the exam pattern and the syllabus. This will help you plan your preparation according.
- Gather the study material – students have to refer to the books recommended by experts and toppers to prepare for PU UGLAW 2021. This will help clear your doubts and provide you with sufficient practise.
- Practise mock papers – solve as many sample papers and previous years question papers. This will help candidates enhance their test-taking skills and give an analysis of the preparation level. This will provide an analysis of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Revise thoroughly – lastly, revision is the most important step of preparation. It is important that to prepare well and retain information for a longer duration, one should revise on a regular basis.
This was all about PU UGLAW. We hope you find this blog helpful in gathering all the necessary information. For more important updates and content, subscribe to Leverage Edu.