Law is a very lucrative field that has thousands aspiring to become lawyers. Other than doing the normal LLB and LLM people these days are also opting to do certificate courses in law. These courses help you enhance your knowledge about a particular field of study and help you get a particular skill which you can learn to be better at what you want to do in a short span of time. These certificate courses can be done either through a regular mode of study or through distance education according to the desire of the student. Certificate courses can be informative and fun at the same time where you can do the course in a short duration and do other things that you might want. Read more to know how you can pursue a certificate course in Law.
Certificate Courses in Law
For the convenience of the students we have provided a list of popular certificate courses you might be interested in. Some of these courses are available online as well. You can check with the colleges you apply to for the details.
|Advanced certificate on Companies Act 2013||3 months|
|Certificate course in Law of Financial Services||4 months|
|Certificate course in Immigration Laws||4 months|
|Certificate course in Solid waste management and law||4 months|
|Certificate in Anti – human trafficking||6 months – 2 years|
|Certificate Course in Infrastructure Laws||4 months|
|Certificate in Business and Commercial Law||3 months|
|Certificate in Consumer Protection Law||4 – 6 months|
|Certificate in Co-operation, Co-operative Law and Business Laws||6 months|
|Certificate in Criminal Litigation and Trial Advocacy||4 months – 1 year|
|Certificate in Energy Laws in India||2 – 6 months|
|Certificate in Forensic science and law||4 months|
|Certificate in Goods and services Tax law||4 months|
|Certificate in Human Rights||6 months – 2 years|
|Certificate in Industrial and labor laws||3 – 6 months|
|Certificate in Intellectual Property Law||3 – 6 months|
|Certificate in International Humanitarian Law||6 month – 1 year|
|Certificate in International Trade Law||4 months|
|Certificate in Law and Medicine||6 months – 2 years|
|Certificate in Legislative Drafting||6 – 18 months|
|Certificate in Real Estate Law||3 months -1 year|
|Certificate in Social work and Criminal Justice System||6 months|
|Diploma Course in Law and Practice of Arbitration||6 months|
|Diploma Course on Insolvency and Bankruptcy: Law and Practice||6 months|
|Post graduate certificate in Cyber Law||1 year|
|Post graduate certificate course in Human Rights||1 – 2 years|
|Post graduate diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution||1 year|
The fee of the courses varies from one institute to another and hence should be checked in with the institute itself while taking admission.
Certificate Courses in Law- Indian Colleges
The colleges that provide certificate courses in India are given below for your convenience. You can go to their websites and get admission in the course that you want.
- K.L.E. Society’s Law College, Bangalore
- Raffles University, Rajasthan
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
- Indian Law Society’s Law College, Pune
- International School of Business and Research, Karnataka
- Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai
- ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Mahatma Gandhi College of Law, Gwalior
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- National Law University, Delhi
Certificate Courses in Law- International Universities
Some universities which provide law certificate courses abroad are given below. Go to their websites to know more about them. Some Universities provide online and on campus courses whereas some provide only on campus facilities.
- Bangor University, Wales
- Swansea University, Wales
- University of Essex online, England
- Nottingham Trent University, England
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
- Bond University, Gold coast, Australia
- Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
- Victoria University, Australia
- University of Adelaide, Australia
- The University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Ignite colleges, Auckland, New Zealand
- Massey University, New Zealand
- Centennial College, Toronto, Canada
- CDI Colleges
- Fanshawe College, Ontario, Canada
The admission process differs in all the institutes and depends on the institutes themselves however applying for the course on the website of the institute you choose is the same.
- The first step is checking your eligibility on the official website of the institute.
- Apply by filling the admission form along with all the documents
- Submit it after paying the application fees.
- Go ahead and apply at the institute of your choice.
Eligibility for Certificate Courses in Law
Eligibility is an important part to keep in mind when applying for any course. The eligibility of the courses depends on the institution you are applying at. We are providing below the basic eligibility you would need to be able to apply for these certificate courses –
- Some courses need you to have passed 12th class and at least a 50 – 60% in the Senior Secondary
- Some of them ask a graduation degree no matter the background of the candidate
- But some ask for a degree in law before you are able to get admission in the certificate courses
- A few also ask that you be working in the law profession
Please check the specific criteria of the institution you are applying to be sure that you are eligible for the course.
Career Prospects after Certificate Courses
We are sure you would want to know what all you can do after you have completed the course successfully and got the certificate. Therefore we have provided a list of a few career prospects you can try your hand at after the course –
- Head of a Legal Department in a Business, Institute or a Corporation
- In-house Counsel
- Junior Associate Attorney
- Law Firm Partner
- Legal Advisor
- Legal Consultant
- Legal Reporter/Publisher
- Nodal Officer
Which certificate course will be best is a choice that is totally up to you and depends on your passion and interest in a particular subject. We have provided a list of course that you might find interesting and you can choose which one suits you the best.
Certificates in law are the certificate courses which show your expertise in a specific field of your interest. Getting a certificate might help you gain knowledge and skills to get better at what you do.
All the above-mentioned courses are related to the law so any of them might be chosen but we feel the best choice will be the students since how much you enjoy and get good at a subject totally depends on your choices and interest in the field. Try to choose something that interests you or appeals to you and you will be amazing in it and enjoy it as well.
This was all about the certificate courses in law. We hope it helped you and gave you an insight which would help you in deciding what you want to do. If you want to browse more courses, colleges or universities or need advice or guidance in choosing the right course and best-fit university abroad, then allow our revolutionary AI Course Finder to help you. Book your first free 30 minutes meeting with our experts at Leverage Edu, today!