The National Scholarship Exam is an important platform to locate the talented students and subsequently help them hone their talents and skill set. It also aims to identify not only the areas of strength but also the spot of weakness in a student and help him overcome that. It is a multiple-choice question-based exam. This pattern has been designed so that students can think carefully while attempting these questions. Paper has been created meticulously to determine and assess the thinking and reasoning ability of the students. In this blog, we have collated comprehensive information in pretext to the National Scholarship Exam.
This Blog Includes:
- What is National Scholarship Exam?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Important Dates of National Scholarship Exam
- National Scholarship Exam Awards
- Exam Pattern
- Syllabus and Pattern
- Application Process
- National Scholarship Exam Rewards
- How to Prepare for the National Scholarship Examination?
|Organization||Eduno Tech Private|
|Type of Exam||Competitive Exam|
|Applicable For||Students, Parents, Teachers|
|Reward||INR 1.5 Lakh- 5000|
|Exam Fees||INR 400|
|Medium of Exam||English and Regional Languages|
What is National Scholarship Exam?
Apart from the above information, here are some more important overview points of NSE:
- National Scholarship Exam helps the student to prepare and get an idea of future competitive exams.
- After the results, a Performance Analysis Report is given to every student who participates in the examination.
- Also, the school to which a particular student belongs receives the Performance Report of participation.
Also Read: National Scholarships
Here are some of the fundamental eligibility criteria for a student who is appearing for the National Scholarship Exam:
- Students who are currently in class 5th or 12th standard or have qualified these classes from any recognized board are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- If a student is pursuing a diploma or any degree irrespective of the stream and year of his study he/she can apply for this scholarship exam.
Important Dates of National Scholarship Exam
Let’s get to know the list of important dates of the National Scholarship Exam for ease of those students who are taking this examination:
|Last Date to Apply||30th September 2021|
|Registration Begins||1st April 2021|
|Date of Exam||13th December 2021|
Also Read: How to Score Good Marks in Exams?
National Scholarship Exam Awards
The exam hands out handsome awards to students at different academic levels, with an increasing prize amount at every class level. Here is a table showcasing the amount handed out at all educational levels:
|Class||First Rank||Second Rank|
For those falling between the rank 6 to 100, consolation prizes will be considered. Participation certificates will be given to every student. Here are a few more award categories under National Scholarship Exam:
- Best School Award: School with the first prize in the exam will be rewarded with the cash prize of Rs. 10,000. The school will also receive a certificate of innovative school and also the trophy of the best school.
- Best Principal Award: The principal of the school with the first prize will be granted a cash prize amounting to 5,000. He/she will also receive a winner’s trophy and certificate.
- Best Teacher Award: The teacher of the school will be awarded the total cash prize of 3,000. He/she will also be conferred with the winner’s trophy and certificate of participation.
For the benefit of those students who are appearing in the examination, here are a few pointers about the National Scholarship Exam pattern. This will help them increase their understanding of the examination tremendously and they will be able to strategize and prepare for it accordingly. Here are a few details:
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Type||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marks for Each Question||01|
|Exam Duration||90 Minutes|
Also Read: Ashirwad Scholarship
Syllabus and Pattern
The syllabus content of the National Scholarship Exam is aptitude and learning-based, evaluating all the facets of the mental ability of a student. Major topics covered under the exam comprise of:
|English||The article, Adjective, Tenses, Noun, Pronoun,
Adverb, Jumble Sentences, Error Finding,(Grammar)
|Reasoning||Coding-Decoding, Image Patterns, Verbal & Non-Verbal.|
|GK||Current Affairs, History India, Sports, Indian Geography,
Politics, Indian Economy, Government Schemes, Indian Politics
The pattern for the National Scholarship Exam is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions/ Marks|
|Mathematics & General Science||25/25|
|Reasoning & Analytical||25/25|
|Exam Duration||1 hr 30 minutes (90 minutes)|
The following are the documents required for the National Scholarship Examination.
- NSE 2021 – Application Form
- Application Form
- Demand Draft of Rs. 400
- Online Payment Receipt
- Photo/ College ID or Bonafide
It is important that you understand the whole process involved in filling the application form for the National Scholarship Exam. Students can apply for the exam both offline and online. We will outline both the processes to facilitate your understanding:
In the online form of registration, you can directly visit the official website of the National Scholarship Exam by clicking here.
Then, fill up all the major personal details like your name and your parent’s names, gender, date of birth, email ID, mobile number, etc.
Moving to the next step, you will have to add your residential address and related details like State, PIN Cod, Block, District, etc.
Then, you will have to enter the school or college details including your class/grade, school/college address, PIN code, etc.
For the concluding step, you will get a confirmation page and a declaration at the end to affirm that all the details submitted are true. You can check the box after cross-checking all the details and submit your application!
Also Read: PhD Scholarships in India
To apply offline, a student has to download the NSE – 2020 application form from the website and take a print out of the said application. After filling out all the required columns, paste the latest photograph in the space provided in the application form. Since you have applied offline you can pay online through SBI Collect or offline through a demand draft. Remember to attach the demand draft along with the required documents (a student application form, a copy of the school ID card or even an Aadhar card) to substantiate you have completed your payment. Finally, you have to send the aforesaid documents to the head office or branch office through speed post, courier or you can deliver documents yourself
Also Read: German Scholarships
National Scholarship Exam Rewards
|Class||1st Rank||2nd Rank||3rd Rank||4th Rank||5th Rank|
|5th||INR 9000||INR 8000||INR 7000||INR 6000||INR 5000|
|6th||INR 10,000||INR 9000||INR 8000||INR 7000||INR 6000|
|7th||INR 11,000||INR 10,000||INR 9000||INR 8000||INR 7000|
|8th||INR 12,000||INR 11,000||INR 10,000||INR 9000||INR 8000|
|9th||INR 13,000||INR 12,000||INR 11,000||INR 10,000||INR 9000|
|10th||INR 14,000||INR 13,000||INR 12,000||INR 11,000||INR 10,000|
|11th||INR 15,000||INR 14,000||INR 13,000||INR 12,000||INR 11,000|
|12th||INR 16,000||INR 15,000||INR 14,000||INR 13,000||INR 12,000|
|Diploma||INR 30,000||INR 25,000||INR 20,000||INR 15,000||INR 10,000|
|Degree||INR 35,000||INR 30,000||INR 25,000||INR 20,000||INR 15,000|
How to Prepare for the National Scholarship Examination?
While there is no one method that can suit everyone, here is a general strategy to prepare for the National Scholarship Examination.
- Students must thoroughly understand the subjects and the paper pattern.
- Refer to previous year papers and understand the type of questions asked.
- Practice those tests and also look for mock tests.
- Since NSE helps students to improve their focus for further competitive exams, students can use this opportunity to test their abilities.
The last date of applying for the National Scholarship Exam is 15th July 2020, while the date of examination is 1st November 2020.
National Scholarship Exam is a test conducted by the government of India through its National Institute of Career Education (NICE) Foundation. This exam is conducted annually, across educational levels from class 5th to graduation level.
Government-offered scholarships are generally available through entrance and eligibility exams. NTSE and NSE are some of the most popular scholarships in India.
This blog has provided detailed information about the National Scholarship Exam for those who are interested to appear in the examination. Are you aiming to join the top-notch educational university that could hone your skill in higher education? Let the experts at Leverage Edu facilitate your academic journey. Book your free 30 minutes of e-counselling with the team now!