Planning to apply for a law degree at the prestigious Army Institute of Law (AIL)? The institute conducts its own entrance exam for law admissions which is referred to AIL LET [Law Entrance Test]. Like each year, it won’t be a cakewalk to crack the 2021 Law Entrance Test (LET). But getting acquainted with all the important details of the exam can give you a good headstart. Read this blog to know all about AIL LET syllabus, dates, application forms, eligibility, registration, pattern as well as result.
Must Read: Law Entrance Exams 2021
Table of contents
What is AIL LET?
AIL LET refers to Army Institute of Law’s Law Entrance Test (LET) which is conducted each year for admissions to the BA LLB course offered by AIL. The Army Institute of Law has been providing high-quality law education to servicemen who have retired and wish to pursue education, the wards of the servicemen, and additionally some seats reserved for the civilians. This exam is undertaken in online mode and its duration is 2 hours. This institute-level exam is conducted in 32 cities across the country.
Also Read: PU UGLAW
AIL LET 2021 Dates
|Events||Dates (as announced)|
|Commencement AIL LET 2021 registration||June 3, 2021|
|Last date of application submission||June 24, 2021|
|Release of admit card for AIL LET 2021||July 20 – July 31, 2021|
|AIL LET 2021 examination date||July 31, 2021|
|Declaration of AIL LET 2021 results||August 12, 2021|
The eligibility criteria for candidates interested in the BBA LLB course at the institute are as follows:
- Candidates must pass their grade 12 or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks from the Punjab School Education Board or any other state or national board of education in India.
- Candidates who have completed their qualifying exam from an open university are not eligible for the exam.
- Candidates who are in the process of clearing their grade 12 compartment papers are not eligible for the exam.
Don’t Miss these Podcasts for Law Students!
AIL LET Application Form
The institute will release the AIL LET 2021 application form on June 3. This application form must be filled in online mode. Here is the process you must know for the AIL LET application form:
- Register at the admission portal via a valid e-mail ID and contact details.
- Candidates must carefully read the instructions and adhere to the deadlines.
- Provide details such as personal and communication details, academic qualifications, etc.
- Candidates must upload a recent photograph and signature as per the instructions.
- After completing the application form, candidates are required to pay the registration fee.
- The application fee can be paid online through a credit or debit card, or net banking.
- The fee for the application form is Rs 3000/- for all candidates.
Exam Pattern 2021
Here is the exam pattern of AIL LET 2021:
|Pattern of Exam||Details|
|Number of questions asked||200|
|Types of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Duration of exam||2 Hours|
|Marking scheme||One mark for every correct answer; no negative marking done.|
|Sections and their weightage||Each section below will include 50 questions and carry 50 marks.a) Law aptitudeb) general awarenessc) English comprehensiond) Mental Ability|
AIL LET 2021 Admit Card
Those candidates who have successfully registered themselves for the examination will be issued an admit card on July 20. The admit card should be available on the official website of AIL. The AIL LET admit card is an important document for taking the exam; it serves as a hall ticket, so it is especially necessary for candidates to carry it to the examination center. To download the admit card, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of the Army Institute of Law, i.e. www.ail.ac.in.
- Select the admit card link provided under the notification.
- Login using the registration ID and password.
- The admit card will be shown on the screen; download and do not forget to take a printout for future reference.
Related Read: LNAT Sample Essays
AIL will declare the result of LET 2021 around the month of July. Candidates can see and download their result at the admission portal of the institute.
Here is a step-by-step guide to check the 2021 AIL LET result:
- Go to the AIL admission portal.
- Select the result link.
- Login using registration ID and password
- The result will be shown on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of the result for your reference
We hope that you are now familiarized with AIL LET 2021. Want to study law abroad? Our Leverage Edu mentors are just a click away from helping you find the best law program and university abroad as per your qualifications and interests! Sign up for a session right away!