Have you ever imagined a world without lawyers? There will not be anyone to defend the innocent and prove the guilty. There needs to be a balance in society which is not possible without lawyers. The lawyers give equal and deserving chances to everyone. A career in Cyber Law, Corporate Law, and other streams has become quite popular among students in recent times. If you are planning to study law in India from top institutions in Telangana and get a chance to work in top law firms, then you should start preparing for TS PGLCET. In this blog, we will explore everything about TS PGLCET from its eligibility to the application process, exam pattern, etc.
This Blog Includes:
TS PGLCET is a state-level entrance exam. The exam is conducted for candidates who wish to pursue their post-graduation in law courses offered by institutes of Telangana State. TS PGLCET (Telangana State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test) is conducted by Osmania University(OU), Hyderabad on behalf of TSCHE (Telangana State Council of Higher Education).
Also Read : Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Law (MH CET Law)
|Exam Type||PG Level|
|Participating Colleges||21 law colleges in Telangana|
|Popular Colleges||Osmania University, Mahatma Gandhi Law College, Adarsha law college.|
TS PGLCET 2021 IMPORTANT DATES
The official authority has released the online application dates and deadline of the application. More dates will be announced in the coming weeks. We will update as soon as the notification is released on the official website.
|Notification of PGLCET 2021||24-03-2021|
|Last Date of Submission without late fees||15-07-2021|
|Last Date of Submission with late fees of Rs. 250||25-07-2021|
|Last Date of Submission with late fees of Rs. 500||05-08-2021|
|Last Date of Submission with late fees of Rs. 1000||10-08-2021|
|Downloading of Hall Ticket||12-08-2021|
|Date of PGLCET Exam||23-08-2021|
|Results||To be released|
Also Read : PU UGLAW
The last date for submission of the application form is 26 May 2021. Applicants interested in pursuing law from top institutions in Telangana can apply for TS PGLCET. Here is the stepwise application process for the same:
- Visit the official website of the TS PGLCET.
- Click on the Apply Now tab and you will be redirected to another page.
- Enter your personal details and educational qualification.
- Upload the necessary documents ( Photograph and thumb impression)
- Pay the required application fee and submit your application form.
Check out the Top Law Firms in India
TS PGLCET Application Fee
To complete the application process all applicants have to pay the required application fee. The application fee is paid online using debit/credit card or internet banking. Here is the application fee of TS PGLCET 2021:
|Application Fee Type||General Category||SC/ ST Category|
|Regular||Rs. 1000||Rs. 800|
|Late Application (1st Chance)||Rs. 1250||Rs. 1050|
|Late Application (2nd Chance)||Rs. 1500||Rs. 1300|
|Late Application (3rd Chance)||Rs. 2000||Rs. 1800|
Applicants are always advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form. Every law institution in India has its own eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by every applicant. Here are the eligibility criteria for the TS PGLCET:
- The nationality of the candidate should be Indian.
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in law. Either a three-year LLB degree or a five-year integrated LLB degree.
- Candidates seeking admissions for an LLM degree (Private Appearance) at Osmania University must have experience of at least 3-years as a judicial officer or as an advocate on the date of appearing for the TS PGLCET exam.
- Candidates should also satisfy the local/ unreserved status criteria as mentioned by Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order, 1974.
There is no age limit for the TS PGLCET test.
Planning to study abroad? Study Law in USA and step into the top law universities in the world!
TS PGLCET Exam Pattern
Before appearing for an exam, it is important that applicants know about the exam pattern. Here is the exam pattern of the TS PGLCET 2021:
|Type||MCQ, Objective Type Questions|
|Number of questions||120|
|Marking scheme||For every correct response, one mark is added|
|Marking Scheme||Part A: 40 Questions
Part B: 80 Question for one mark each
Also Read: CULEE (Christ University Law Entrance Exam)
Syllabus of TS PGLCET
Knowing about the entrance exam syllabus helps applicants to evaluate his/her strong topics & topics that require more effort at the time of preparation. In PG Courses question papers consist of topics. Here is the syllabus of the TS PGLCET Exam:
- Constitutional law
- Public International law
- Mercantile law
- Labour laws
- Crimes and Torts
Part-A 40 questions: 40 Mark
Jurisprudence: 20 Questions – 20 marks
- Schools of Jurisprudence
- Sources of Law
- Custom Precedent and Legislation
- Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession
- Persons, Obligation
- Legal Sanctions
Constitutional Law : 20 Questions -20 marks
- Nature of the constitution
- Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Executive Judiciary and Legislature
- Center-State Relations
- Emergency provisions
- Amendments to the constitution
Also Read : AP LAWCET 2021
Part-B : 80 questions: 80 Marks
Public International Law: 16 Questions – 16 marks
- State Territory
- International Law and Municipal Law
- Air, Sea and outer space
- Nationality and Statelessness
- State Jurisdiction
- United Nations.
Mercantile Law: 16 Questions- 16 marks
- General Principles of Contract (Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872).
Labour Law: 16 Questions – 16 marks
- Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947
Crimes and Torts: 16 Questions – 16 marks
- Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions
- TORTS: General principles of Tort
- Joint liability
- State liability for torts
- Consumer Protection Act,1986
IPR & Other Laws: 16 Questions – 16 marks
- Copyright Act, 1957
- Patents Act, 1970
- Environmental Protection Act, 198
- Human Rights
- The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Salient features of Information
- Technology Act, 2000
- Right to Information Act 2005
Test Centres for TS LAWCET
|Test Zone||Test Centre Localities|
|Hyderabad South East||Shamshabad|
|Ramoji Film City|
|Bhadradri Kothagudem||Bhadradri Kothagudem|
Top 10 Colleges
There are 21 colleges accepting TS PGLCET entrance exam. Based on your academic background, preference, and result in TS PGLCET, students are allotted colleges. Here is the list of the top 10 colleges:
- Mahatma Gandhi Law College, Hyderabad
- Adarsha Law College
- University College Of Law, Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Sultan UI Uloom College of Law, Banjar hills
- Pendekanti Law College, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
- Telangana University, Dichpally
- Dr. Ambedkar College of Law
- Andhra Mahila Sabha College
- Bhaskara Law Colleg
Wondering about the internship? Here are Online Internships for Law Students!
In case of any doubts or queries. You can reach out to the TS PGLCET conducting authority at the contact information given below
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 040-27070028
There are two modes of payment. The first mode is TS/AP Online Center and the other mode is Debit Card / Credit Card & Net Banking through payment gateway.
On successful submission of the online application form, you will immediately receive an SMS on your registered mobile phone with the Registration number. Further, your “Filled in Online Application form” containing all the details uploaded from database and typed by you along with Registration number and Barcode will be displayed instantly.
You have to take a print and keep a copy of this form and preserve it carefully. Use this Registration number for all future correspondence. If you have given your e-mail id., then a copy of the “Filled in Online Application form” will be mailed to your e-mail address.
You need to upload the Photo (size < 50KB) and Signature (size < 30KB) as and when prompted by the system. Selfie and other modes of photography are not entertained.
For TSLAWCET & PGLCET -2021, the Application form should be submitted ONLY through ONLINE mode.
Visit the TSLAWCET website https://lawcet.tsche.ac.in and go through the information carefully. Be ready with the “mandatory details” and then click on the “APPLY ONLINE” field. It will guide you through the whole process by providing information about TSLAWCET& PGLCET-2021.
We hope this blog was helpful & now you know everything about TS PGLCET. If you are planning to study abroad & need some help our experts & counsellors at Leverage Edu are just a call away. For the latest updates around study blogs, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & also subscribe to our newsletter.