Canada provides students with an opportunity to explore themselves and grow beyond their classroom. It is home to some of the world’s best educational institutions. Other than the best-in-class education, studying in Canada will help you truly find yourself. The universities aim at the overall development of all their students and help them become world leaders. One such excellent institution is the University of Alberta. It offers a number of courses at different levels of study. One such course is the Master of Business Administration. This blog is your guide to the University of Alberta MBA!
This Blog Includes:
- About the University of Alberta
- Why choose the University of Alberta MBA?
- University of Alberta MBA Entry Requirements
- University of Alberta MBA Options
- Which University of Alberta MBA Program is Right for You?
- University of Alberta MBA Program Overview
- University of Alberta MBA Fee Structure
- University of Alberta MBA Documents Required
- University of Alberta MBA Scholarships
- University of Alberta MBA Career Tracks
- University of Alberta MBA Top Recruiters
- University of Alberta MBA Average Salary
About the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta is a public research university that was established in 1906 in Edmonton. It has four campuses situated in Edmonton, an Augustana Campus in Camrose, and a staff centre in downtown Calgary. Over 39,000 students from within Canada and 150 other countries study the 400+ programs that UofA offers. The student body at the University of Alberta is represented by two student unions- for undergraduates and graduates respectively. There are over 450 clubs and student organizations which cover different areas of interest such as culture, religion, social issues, academics, etc.
Following are some of the rankings that UAlberta has earned:
- Center for World University Rankings – #4
- Quacquarelli Symonds – #5
- Times Higher Education – #125
- Academic Ranking of World Universities – #5
- QS World University Rankings 2022 – #126
Why choose the University of Alberta MBA?
The University of Alberta MBA is offered at the Alberta School of Business. The Alberta School of Business is the first and longest continuously accredited business school in Canada. Following are some of the reasons why you must choose the UAlberta MBA:
- Collaborative Environment: There are approximately 60 students who are accepted to the University of Alberta MBA. These people belong to all walks of life and are highly motivated individuals. This helps the environment in being very close-knit and collaborative.
- Excellent Faculty: The faculty at the Alberta School of Business has some of the best professors. The high-quality instruction is supported by incredible research as well.
- Experiential Learning: The method of learning at the University of Alberta MBA gives great importance to experience. Students get the opportunity to work with outside organisations and industry experts.
- Exchanges: There are a number of exchange opportunities with 23 international business schools. Along with this, students can take up double degrees as well in partner schools in France, Germany or Japan.
Also Read: SOP for Canada
University of Alberta MBA Entry Requirements
Here are some of the non-negotiable entry requirements to get into the University of Alberta
- Undergraduate Degree: GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Resume: Minimum of 2 years of experience
- GMAT score: Minimum 550
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum TOEFL 100 or IELTS 7.0
- Letters of Requirement: 2 (professional preferred)
- Statement of Intent: 1-2 pages
University of Alberta MBA Options
The University of Alberta MBA is a flexible program that can be taken up in a number of different methods. Following are the options for the MBA:
- Executive MBA
- MBA in China
Students have the option to combine their MBA degree with another subject and make it the following:
- MBA/JD (Law)
- MBA/MEng (Engineering)
- MBA/MAg (Agriculture)
- MBA/MF (Forestry)
- MBA/MLIS (Library & Information Studies)
- MBA/PharmD (Pharmacy)
- MD/MBA (Medicine)
Which University of Alberta MBA Program is Right for You?
The following is a comparison of several MBA programs at the University of Alberta that will assist you in determining which MBA program is the best match for you::
|Comparison||Full Time MBA||Part-Time MBA||Fast Track MBA||Executive MBA|
|Length||20 Months||36-60 Months||10-24 Months||20 Months|
|Program Delivery||Monday – Friday (Daytime)||Monday – Thursday (Evenings)||Daytime Or Evenings||Thursday – Sunday ( Once A Month )|
|Program Courses||10 Core Courses and 10 Electives||10 Core Courses and 10 Electives||12+ Courses||14 Core Courses and 2 Electives|
|Class Size||60 Students||60 Students||30 Students||30 Students|
|Program Cost1||Domestic: -$31,000 International:~$60,000*||Domestic: -$31,000 International:~$60,000*||$1,344.16 per course plus non-instructionalfees||$73,700|
|Professional Experience||2+ Years||2+ Years||3+ Years||7+ Years|
|Education||4 Year Undergraduate Degree||4 Year Business DegreeFrom A RecognizedCanadian Or U.SInstitution||4 Year Undergraduate Degree2|
|GMAT/GRE||GMAT: 550 minimumGRE: within 50 th percentile||GMAT: 550 minimum GRE: within 50th percentile*waived for Alberta School ofBusiness Graduates with a GPA of3.0 or higher||GMAT: 550 minimumGRE: within 50th percentile OrExecutive Assessment (no minimum score)3|
University of Alberta MBA Program Overview
The Full-Time MBA is a 20 course (60-credit) program completed over two years. In the first year, students begin the program with an orientation and study the core curriculum. The summer includes an internship and then year 2 begins. In the second year, students can customise their MBA according to their own interests and choose electives within the general MBA. Following is the course curriculum:
- ACCTG 501: Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ACCTG 523: Accounting Information and Internal Decision Making
- BUEC 503: Economic = Foundations
- BUS 505: Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- FIN 501: Managerial Finance
- MARK 502: Principles of Marketing Management
- MGT SC 501: Data Analysis and Decision Making
- SEM 500: Managing People
- SEM 652: Leadership Skills
- BUEC 542: International Business
- BUEC 646: The Global Business Environment
- OM 502: Operations Management
- SEM 502: Organization Strategy – Managing Organizations
- MBA Capstone: Real-World Experience
- Career Tracks & Electives
University of Alberta MBA Fee Structure
The total fee for International Students is $57,909. This is approximately INR 35 lakhs.
University of Alberta MBA Documents Required
Here are some of the important documents required to enrol at this university.
- All official academic Transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
University of Alberta MBA Scholarships
The total combined value of entrance awards and scholarships offered to MBA students in the 2017 academic year was over $600,000 (INR 4.50 cr). Entrance awards are offered to students admitted to the MBA program based on the competitiveness of their entire application. Scholarships are provided to MBA students based on both their academic success as well as involvement in the program.
Also Read: All You Need to Know About MIM in Canada
University of Alberta MBA Career Tracks
Following are the career tracks taken by graduates of the University of Alberta MBA:
- 11% get employed in Energy Finance sector.
- 25% get employed in Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- 16% get employed in Operations & Business Analytics.
- 13% get employed in the Public Sector & Healthcare.
- 20% get employed in Strategy & Consulting.
University of Alberta MBA Top Recruiters
Upon graduation from this university there is an array of opportunities for the students and to get them the best job opportunities possible, here are the top recruiters affiliated with the University of Alberta.
|Energy Finance||Innovation & Entrepreneurship||Operations & Business Analytics||Public Sector & Healthcare||Strategy & Consulting|
|AIMCo||Aurora Cannabis||Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute||Alberta Health Services||Deloitte|
|ATB Financial||Jobber||AltaML||City of Edmonton||EY|
|RBC Royal Bank||MEDO.AI||Amazon||Covenant Health||KPMG LLP|
|Syncrude Canada||Stem Cell||Aritzia||Government of Alberta||MNP LLP|
|TC Energy||Token Naturals||Finning||Government of Canada||Stantec|
University of Alberta MBA Average Salary
The mean Total salary for graduates of the University of Alberta MBA is CAD 79,020. This is approximately INR 48 lakhs per annum.
This was all the information about the University of Alberta MBA. The MBA program applications are highly competitive and you need to put your best foot forward if you want to make it into it. The counselors at Leverage Edu will help you do just that. So, call us today at 1800 57 2000 and make your study abroad dream come true!