Canada is home to thousands of international students and one of the most popular courses that these students seek in the country is an MBA. The MBA program in Canada allows students to enhance their managerial skills by interacting with industry experts. With an acceptance rate of 6% and only 200 students enrolled across its management courses, the University of British Columbia is extremely competitive and selective when it comes to its MBA program. According to the famous Maclean’s University Rankings, MBA at UBC is the number 1 spot in Canada.
|Application Portal||Online Portal|
|Application Fee||145.75 CAD (INR 8,754)|
|Intake seasons||Fall/ Winter/ Spring/ Summer|
|Letters of Recommendation||Required|
|Competitive Ideal Score||650 GMAT OR 320+ GRE score on the combined verbal and quantitative section|
|Waiver Eligibility||August 2022|
|Professional Experience||Minimum two years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from your Bachelor’s degree.|
This Blog Includes:
- About University of British Columbia
- Application Deadlines
- Why Choose UBC for an MBA?
- UBC MBA Program Overview
- Fee Structure for Pursuing MBA at UBC
- Entry Requirements
- Documents Required
- Scholarships by UBC for MBA
- Career Services
- Meet the UBC MBA Class of 2022
- [BONUS] Popular Programs at Sauder Business School
- Sauder Business School Alumni
About University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia (UBC) allows students to gain a global business perspective. It is located in Vancouver, Canada. UBC Sauder is accredited by the AACSB which helps students in gaining internationally recognized, specialized accreditation for business and accounting programs at all levels of study. UBC ranks at the 45th spot in the QS World University Rankings. The quality of teaching is excellent and the programs here generate business leaders who drive change and work to change the face of business as we know it. The study environment in UBC is one of mutual support, honesty, integrity, and respect.
|1st Round||October 5, 2021|
|2nd Round||January 6, 2022|
|Final Round||April 5, 2022|
|Document Submissions||June 30, 2022|
Why Choose UBC for an MBA?
- The UBC MBA program has a very different approach to the conventional MBA programs offered around the world.
- The curriculum is experimental and has a global perspective. With built-in professional development, the UBC MBA allows students to come out as transformed individuals after study.
- The kind of practical experience and industry interaction students take part in at UBC is very unique. The school offers internships, global immersion, and case studies to help students learn first-hand.
- The moment they start the program, they get the hands-on exposure they need to succeed in any organization
Also Read: Study in Canada After 12th
UBC MBA Program Overview
The UBC MBA is available as a full-time 16-month program that helps students experience some of the most life-changing work, study and travel opportunities. The UBC MBA program has been built on five important skills which form the DNA of the curriculum, namely, creativity, decision-making, global issues and macroeconomics, ethics and sustainability and leadership development. There are focused career tracks that are available for students of the UBC MBA:
- Technology & Analytics Leadership
- Product & Service Management
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The students can choose one of the above-mentioned specialisations to create a more streamlined approach to their MBA studies.
Fee Structure for Pursuing MBA at UBC
|Item||Cost (CAD)||Cost in INR|
|Full-time MBA Tuition||$90,057||₹54,07,444|
|MBA Student Building fee||$1,600||₹96,071|
|MBA Society fee||$400||₹24,017|
|Global Immersion Experience||$5,000||₹3,00,223|
|Global Immersion Experience Administration||$600||₹36,026|
|Textbooks, course fees, supplies||$3,000||₹18,0134|
|Medical Services Plan||$1,200||₹72,053|
|Rent (1 Bedroom apartment off campus)||$25,600||₹15,37,144|
|Utilities: Cable TV, Internet, Heat||$2,240||₹1,34,500|
|Mobile phone (full package)||$1,200||₹72,053|
|Food & discretionary expenses||$14,400||₹8,64,643|
- Three or four-year Bachelor’s degree with a B+ average, or the recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- 550 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test- 155 GRE score on both the verbal and quantitative sections
- Minimum two years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from your Bachelor’s degree.
- Two references are required for all UBC MBA applicants. You will be required to provide their email addresses and they will be contacted by mail.
- Mail transcripts, degree certificates and translations
- Either one of the following-
- Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL) or TOEFL Home Edition: 100, Print: 600, Computer: 250. Test Code: 0965
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) / IELTS Indicator* – Academic: 7.0 overall band
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) – Academic: 70
- Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL): 70 overall band
- Online Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL Online): 70 overall band
Duration of the UBC MBA
The UBC MBA is a full-time 16-month program that includes industry visits and internships.
Scholarships by UBC for MBA
- Asia Top Talent Scholarships;
- IBPOC Scholarship
- Women in Business Leadership Scholarships
- Hoegg Family MBA Scholarship
- Responsible Business & Community Spirit Scholarship
- Hari Varshney MBA Entrance Scholarship
- Madhu Varshney MBA Entrance Scholarship
- International Talent Scholarships
- Aga Khan Foundation – International Scholarship Programme
The UBC MBA allows students to develop a successful career by providing them access to a number of resources. There are self-assessment tools that help students get a clear understanding of their skills, strengths, aptitude and aspirations. There is also an emotional intelligence assessment which allows students to estimate their workplace performance. Career-coaching, mentorship and training programs assist the students in their new journey into the industry. Networking and recruiting events are organised for the UBC MBA students on a regular basis. Interview Prep sessions are conducted as well and help students in refining their interview technique by regularly conducting mock interviews with an experienced professional consultant.
Some of the top recruiters of UBC MBA students are-
- Best Buy
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Traction on Demand
The average salary of students who graduate from UBC with an MBA degree is $41,500 – $204,000 per year. This comes to approximately INR 24,00,000-1,22,40,000 per annum.
Meet the UBC MBA Class of 2022
[BONUS] Popular Programs at Sauder Business School
Here is a list of courses offered at the Sauder Business School for international students:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Full-Time Master of Business Administration
- Professional Master of Business Administration
- International Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Master of Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor + Master of Management Dual Degree
- Master of Business Administration + Master of Business Analytics Degree
- Master of Business Administration + Law Degree
- UBC Sauder-HKU Dual Degree
- PhD in Business Administration
- Diploma in Accounting Program
- Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management
Thinking about which course is perfect for you to study in Vancouver? Try AI Course Finder powered by Leverage Edu and you will find the course that fits you the best.
Sauder Business School Alumni
This was all about the UBC MBA program. If you are someone who is planning to pursue your MBA degree in Canada, then it’s time to fasten your seatbelts and pull up your socks! The experts at Leverage Edu are just a call away to provide you with all the guidance and mentorship that will make your dream to study abroad a reality! Call us on 1800572000 and book your FREE meeting with our counsellors today!