Are you a citizen, permanent resident or work permit holder in the UK and Canada and want your immediate family to move in with you? To facilitate families to live together including husband, wife, unmarried partner, or civil partner, people have an opportunity to apply for a Spouse Visa in order to set up a home together. This blog will take you through all the essentials of a UK Spouse Visa and a Canada Spouse Visa along with the documents required, the application process, processing time, fees and more!
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Spouse Visa?
- UK Spouse Visa or Partner Visa
- UK Spouse Visa Requirements
- Documents Required
- UK Spouse Visa Fee and Processing Time
- Apply for Partner Visa UK
- Spouse Visa for Canada from India
- Documents Required for Spouse Visa Canada
- Canada Spouse Visa Processing Time 2021
- Canada Student Spouse Visa Rejection Reasons
- H1B Visa Spouse
What is a Spouse Visa?
A Spouse Visa is a form of permit that often allows you to stay in the country, but it usually comes with a long list of requirements that must be satisfied ahead of time. Unfortunately, being married does not always qualify you for a Spouse Visa. The primary concern of many nations before issuing a Spouse Visa is if the connection is genuine or if it is just a ruse to allow someone to enter the country. Before the Spouse Visa is issued, you may be required to show proof that you are a real couple, including attending interviews.
UK Spouse Visa or Partner Visa
UK Spouse Visa or Partner Visa enables International citizens an opportunity to live and work in the UK. An individual is eligible to apply if they are the married partner, fiance, proposed civil partner, or unmarried partner of a specified partner who is already settled in the UK. The UK government impose no immigration restrictions on the specified partner for how long they have to stay in the UK.
UK Spouse Visa Requirements
You must comply with the following requirements to obtain a Family Visa as a partner or UK spouse Visa:
- You and your partner must be 18 years of age or above.
- If you are a married couple, it must be legalized.
- You and your partner must intend to live together permanently.
- You and your partner must have a genuine relationship.
- You must be able to sustain yourself (and any dependents) without any public funds or government support.
- Sponsoring partners must have an earning capacity of 18,600 EUR (INR 16,24,591 per year).
- Must meet the English language requirements.
- You must have suitable accommodation for yourself and your spouse or dependent.
Mentioned below are the supporting documents the UK Visas and Immigration Officials:
- Bank statements
- Valid passport
- Travel documents
- Marriage or civil partnership certificate
- Divorce certificate of previous marriage if any
- Details of your accommodation
- Proof of employment income
- Your sponsor’s British passport
- Details of children if any
UK Spouse Visa Fee and Processing Time
The UK Spouse Visa fee is €1,523 (INR 1.32 lakhs) in 2021 if you are applying outside of the UK and €1,033 (INR 87,189 approx) if you are applying inside the UK. In addition, from the time we submit the application to the UK Visas and Immigration, the average UK Spouse Visa application processing time is 2 – 12 weeks. The length of time it takes to process an application depends on the country from where it is submitted.
Apply for Partner Visa UK
Step 1: Submission of UK Spouse Visa: The first step is to go to the gov.uk website and fill out a comprehensive application form that asks you a lot of questions about your background and current situation. Take your time with this section because the application must be factually correct and aligned with the evidence you will provide for evaluation. You’ll be instructed to pay the application fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge after you’ve finished and confirmed the form.
Step 2: Biometrics for UK Spouse Visa: After that, you’ll be sent to another website, VFS Global, to schedule an appointment for your biometrics enrolment. When you are redirected, a VFS Global account is created for you. You’ll be able to choose an appointment slot soon if you follow the online directions.
Step 3: Evidence of UK Spouse Visa: Once the appointment has been made, you will have to submit the supporting documents to the VFS Global website. You can also opt for the scanning service for the documents. Now, it’s time to walk in for the appointment with all your checklist and declarations downloaded and completed.
Step 4: Decision of UK Spouse Visa: For a decision on a UK spouse Visa application from India, the usual service timeframe is 60 working days. If a priority service is purchased and the criteria are met, this can be reduced to 30 working days.
Spouse Visa for Canada from India
The Government of Canada provides you with an opportunity to invite your dependents or spouse to Canada. They can study or work once they have received the appropriate permits. The dependants can be your spouse, common-law partner, children under the age of 21, or any other member of the immediate family.
Documents Required for Spouse Visa Canada
Below are the documents required for sponsoring a dependant issued by the Government of Canada:
- A valid passport
- Travel history documents if any
- Background information
- Proof of registration of marriage which is government authorized
- Proof of employment income of sponsor to show adequate finances
- You may be asked for car insurance, government-issued IDs, proof of you and your partner own property together, utility bills with both of your names, etc.
Read everything about Canada Visa for Indian Students
Canada Spouse Visa Processing Time 2021
A Canada Spouse Visa processing time typically takes around 12 months to process. It could be as little as six months or as long as 36 months depending on the conditions and location. The sponsorship fee for a Canada Spouse Visa is $75 (INR 5,643) and an additional $150 (INR 11,269) will be required to pay for each child included in the Visa application. Following are the other costs associated with Canada spouse Visa processing:
- Principal applicant fee: $475 (INR 35,687)
- Right of permanent residence fee: $500 (INR 37,565)
- Biometrics: $85 (INR 6,386)
- Total: $1,135 (INR 85,274)
Note: The Indian rupee (INR) is written as per the current exchange rate.
Canada Student Spouse Visa Rejection Reasons
International students who meet all of the admissions requirements for a Canadian student Visa are usually positive about their chances. It should be noted, however, that a study permit may be denied even if the applicant meets the institution’s academic and admittance requirements. The following are a few of the most common grounds for IRCC rejection of a Student Visa:
- If there are any financial insufficient funds;
- If the Visa officer questions the choice of your course;
- If the applicant’s letter of acceptance is in question;
- If the applicant is unable to submit the proof of language proficiency;
- If there are any faults in the travel history or identity documents
H1B Visa Spouse
The H1B Visa spouse is called the H4 Visa. An H-4 Visa is a United States Visa that allows dependent family members of H-1B, H-1B1, H-2A, H-2B, and H-3 Visa holders to visit or reconnect with the primary Visa holder in the United States. A spouse or unmarried child under the age of 21 is considered a dependent family member.
We hope you understand all the requirements for the UK Spouse Visa and Canada Spouse Visa. Are you interested in building your educational career in the UK or Canada? We at Leverage Edu can provide you with perfect assistance! Call us on 1800572000 and sign up for the free career counselling session with our mentors!