If you’re thinking about doing an MBA in Canada and wondering which university will be a good choice, then you should definitely consider York University. Read this blog by Leverage Edu and know more about York University’s MBA including its eligibility, fees, career options, etc.
|Course||Masters of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Type of University||Public|
This Blog Includes:
MBA at York University
The Schulich School of Business at York University offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme that lasts 16 to 20 months (4 semesters). York University’s MBA programme was ranked 5th in the QS Global MBA rankings in 2020. Within three months of completion from this Schulich MBA programme, 89 per cent of students were hired. The Schulich MBA program’s flexibility allows students to study full-time or part-time, during the day or evenings, and at either the uptown Keele Campus or the downtown Miles S. Nadal Management Centre. Full-time, part-time, Accelerated Full-time, and Accelerated Part-time MBA programmes are available at Schulich School of Business, and students may transition between full-time and part-time status as needed during their degree. At the Keele campus, full-time and part-time courses begin in September (Fall term) and January, respectively (Winter term).
- Students must have earned an undergraduate degree from a recognised post-secondary institution and have maintained a minimum B average in their past two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- The bachelor’s degree (with or without honours) must have a minimum of 90 credits.
Work Experience Eligibility:
- A minimum of two years of relevant post-degree professional experience or life experience is required.
- Applicants with three-year degrees and one year of work experience may be considered for admission.
Eligibility for Indian Students:
Students from India are eligible to apply if they match one of the following criteria:
- Completed a four-year UG degree from a recognised university with honours in a relevant discipline, OR
- Students must have earned a master’s degree with honours in a relevant discipline from a reputable university.
- This programme requires the submission of GRE/GMAT results; however, it is advised that applicants submit a minimum of GRE-309/GMAT-550 for a greater chance of admission.
English Proficiency Test Requirements:
International students from non-English speaking countries must also demonstrate English proficiency with the IELTS/TOEFL/any similar test, in addition to meeting the basic eligibility requirements.
|TOEFL||Marks – 100/120A minimum of 23 is required on each dimension.|
|IELTS||Marks – 7/9A minimum of 6.5 is required on each dimension.|
|GMAT||Marks – 550/800660 is the competitive score of York University’s best MBA candidates with a balanced score (at least 50th percentile) in all four dimensions of the exam.|
|GRE||The suggested score is 309 but a competitive score should be equal to the GMAT score.|
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement which is written by the student is required by York University.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, relevant work, publications and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Official transcripts copies from post-secondary institutions attended are to be submitted.
- Sample of written work: In the application form, students have to write something interesting as their sample essay.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing an MBA program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should be submitted along with the application system.
- Proof of Financial Support : Students should provide proof that they have enough money to support themselves during their stay for studies in Canada.
- Other important documents the visa office requires students to bring.
York University MBA Specializations
At York University’s faculty- Schulich School of Business, the expertise in various specialized areas of study will help MBA students meet their career objectives and also give them a competitive career advantage.
There are 17 areas of specialization in the following field as given below:
- Arts, Media & Entertainment Management
- Business & Sustainability
- Business Consulting
- Digital Transformation
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Financial Services
- Financial Risk Management
- Global Mining Management
- Global Retail Management
- Health Industry Management
- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Organization Studies
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Strategic Management
Tuition Fees and Expenses
The approximate fees and expenses (1 year) for MBA students is given below.
|Tuition and Fees||INR 31,83,008|
|Hostel and Meals||INR 9,96,700|
|Personal Expenses||INR 1,78,620|
|Books/Course Materials||INR 1,33,965|
|GSA Health Loan||INR 29,830|
Recruiting Companies from York University MBA
MBA graduates from Schulich School of Business, York University have many job opportunities which are worth it. Some of the top recruiting companies are :
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
Well, York University’s MBA graduates have an average salary of around 68,625 USD per year. 140 companies hired Schulich MBA/IMBA students last year.
The average time duration for completion of the full-time MBA program is four academic terms. The full-time accelerated MBA may be completed in as few as two terms.
Yes, IELTS, TOEFL, GRE and GMAT are some exams suggested by York University.
If you’re thinking of doing an MBA at York University and need help with the admission process, contact our Leverage Edu experts today and let’s get you enrolled in your dream university together.