CEED stands for Common Entrance Examination for Design and is conducted once every year for admissions to some of the best design colleges in India for masters and doctoral programmes in design. Here is everything you need to know about CEED 2021!
This Blog Includes:
CEED 2021: Highlights
There are several entrance exams for design courses in India like NID, NIFT, UCEED, AIEED and CEED. The Common Entrance Examination for Design is a national entrance exam conducted by IIT Bombay annually for admissions to postgraduate and doctoral programmes in design at prestigious colleges like IITs. The objective of the exam is to evaluate the candidates’ proficiency in the field of design.
|Date of Exam||17th January 2021|
|Answer Key||31st January 2021|
|Result to be Declared||8th March 2021|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Mode of Exam||Online and Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Marking Scheme||Negative Marking only in Part 1|
|Courses Offered||Masters in Design PhD in Design|
- All candidates who have completed their Bachelors in Design are eligible.
- Candidates who have completed a diploma/postgraduate programme in design for a minimum of 3 years are also eligible.
- Candidates who are in their final year of bachelors/diploma/postgraduation programme can appear for the exam as well.
- No age limitations and no limit on the number of times you can give the exam.
Must Read: Everything About Motion Graphic Design
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern
CEED 2021 is conducted in two parts:
Part A: is an online objective type exam and the duration of the exam is 1 hour. It consists of Numerical Answer Type (NAT), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). The entire section weighs 25% in final scores and only those candidates who qualify for Part A are eligible for Part 2.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks Breakdown||Negative Markings|
Part B: is an offline exam and the duration of the exam is 2 hours. It consists of topics like drawing, creativity, communication skills and problem-solving skills. It weighs 75% in the final score.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks Breakdown|
CEED 2021 assesses the design aptitude of the candidates on different fronts. Here is a comprehensive list of all the subjects and topics covered in the exam
Part A is an objective paper which tests the general awareness and general design aptitude of the candidate. It includes topics like:
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Language and Creativity
- Design Thinking and Problem-Solving
- Observation and Design Sensitivity
Part B is a subjective paper and aims to study the design and creative skills of the candidate.
- Communication Skills
- Problem Identification Skills
Colleges Accepting CEED 2021
There is a mix of participating and sharing institutes under CEED. These colleges accept the CEED entrance exam as an admission criterion, however, they might have other admission requirements that the candidate must fulfil to seek admission. Here is the list of colleges accepting CEED scores:
- IIT Bombay, IDC School of Design
- IIT Delhi, Department of Design
- IISc Bangalore, Centre of Product Design and Manufacturing
- IIT Guwahati, Department of Design
- IIT Hyderabad, Department of Design
- IIT Kanpur, Design Programme
- IITDM Jabalpur, Design Discipline
- World University of Design, Sonepat, Haryana
- UPES School of Design, Dehradun
- Shiv Nadar University, Department of Design
- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur
- Tezpur University, Department of Design, Tezpur, Assam
- Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Delhi Technological University
- Jain Deemed to be University, Bangalore, Karnataka
Giving the CEED entrance exam does not mean that one is guaranteed a spot in any of the above colleges. Each college has its own set of admission requirements, applications, interview rounds that the candidate must clear to seek admission.
So, here are all the important details about CEED 2021! It is a competitive entrance exam conducted by IIT Bombay and given by thousands of candidates. If you are interested in widening your horizons and are looking for design courses abroad then get in touch with Leverage Edu and let experts guide you!