Do you aspire to see yourself in IT companies? Are management and technology in your interest domain? If the answer to these questions is ‘Yes’, you are at the right blog. Here, we are going to explore MBA in Information Systems which has become the most demanded course of late. To know more about it, keep on reading.
|MBA in Information Systems
|Graduate as well as decent entrance test scores
|GMAT, CAT, XAT, SNAP, NMAT
|Average Annual Salary
This Blog Includes:
About MBA in Information Systems
MBA in Information Systems is a 2 years postgraduate degree that provides students with a technical understanding of business administration. The coursework involves the integration of technology and management aspects that are essential in the business. As a student of this course, you will learn all the skills and knowledge that you need to become an analyst. Throughout the course, they will study information systems strategy and governance, enterprise architecture, and information systems risk management from a broader, interdisciplinary perspective.
MBA in Information Systems Syllabus
The following are the topics included in the syllabus of the MBA in Information Systems. However, it could vary depending on the university.
|Principles of Management and Organizational Behaviour
|Quantitative Techniques for Management
|Research Methods for Management
|Human Resource Management
|Accounting and Finance for Managers
|Software Project Management
|Data Mining and Data Warehousing
|Database Management Systems
|Knowledge Management and Information Systems
|Enterprise Resource Planning
|Information Security System, Control and Audit
|Business Environment and Ethics
Universities Offering MBA In Information Systems Abroad
For your ease, we have mentioned the list of top universities offering the desired course along with their QS Ranking. You can find them below and can proceed with an informed decision.
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)
|Carnegie Mellon University (Tepper)
|New York University (Stern)
|Georgia Institute of Technology (Scheller)
|Warwick Business School
|The University of Manchester (Alliance)
MBA in Information Systems in India
There are many colleges in India that offer MBAs in Information systems. You can find them below:
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studie (JBIMS), Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune
- IIM, Ahmedabad
- IIM, Bangalore
The following are the eligibility criteria to pursue MBA in Information Systems:
- The candidate must have completed their undergraduate degree in a related field with a minimum aggregate of 50%
- The candidate might be required to submit their aptitude test scores like GMAT, and GRE for many universities
- The candidate would be required to submit their English Langauge proficiency test score like IELTS to TOEFL
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria, financial structure, employment opportunities, and placement policies of all universities before applying. Select one of the three universities you prefer based on the criteria above. A student seeking to study MBA in Information Technology’s entrance exam is followed by a group discussion and a personal interview. Applicants must apply at the university website and take the entrance exam. Here is a step-by-step guide to the application process:
- Visit the university website for MBA in Information Technology applications
- Once you click the admissions tab, you are taken to the application form.
- Enter your personal details and academic qualifications
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the required application fee and submit the application form.
- You can pay the application fee by credit, debit, or online banking. You can also pay by bank challan at some universities.
You will need the following documents when you submit your application:
- All official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose for MBA
- Two Reference Letters
- GMAT / GRE scores
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience
MBA Information Systems Salary
The following are the popular job profiles after pursuing MBA in Information Systems:
|Business Application Developer
|Business Intelligence Analyst
|Average Annual Salary
|£ 38,300 (INR 38,30,000)
|$ 1,42,500 (INR 1,06,87,500)
Top Recruiting Companies
For your reference, we have mentioned the top recruiters in the industry. You may go through these.
- HCL Infotech
A Master’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) can lead to a leadership position at a high level. However, the difference between these two courses is the level of management required.
In addition to the traditional business knowledge of an MBA, you will be able to acquire particular expertise in the areas of information security, telecommunications, and IT project management.
Candidates who hope to gain managerial experience should take an MBA course instead of an MCA course if they wish to refine their technical skills.
Planning to study abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from the application to the Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today. The algorithmically-based tool at Leverage Edu analyzes your skills and recommends courses and universities that are the best fit for you, helping you make a confident step towards a rewarding career.