According to CB Insights Industry Analyst Consensus, the fashion sector is also one of the largest industries in the world and is growing at a faster pace than ever. This makes fashion careers a popular choice for the youth. A unique combination of management and fashion is MBA in Fashion Management. It is a two-year course that entails creating new strategies for products to be launched and existing products. If you have an keep with the latest fashion trends and communication skills, then fashion management is your perfect fit.
|Entrance/ Merit Based
|Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50%
This Blog Includes:
- What is MBA Fashion Mangement?
- MBA in Fashion Management Syllabus
- Top Universities for MBA in Fashion Management Abroad
- Top Fashion Management Colleges in India
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Skills Required
- MBA in Fashion Management Scope
- MBA in Fashion Management Salary in India
- Top Recruiters
What is MBA Fashion Mangement?
MBA in Fashion Management is a two-year post-graduate course meant for fashion and marketing experts. The course involves monitoring customer needs, advertising products, building marketing strategies and focusing on brand growth. Some of the biggest fashion houses in India like Masaba, Anita Dongre, Shane Peacock, Sabyasachi, Manish Malhotra hire fashion managers to reach a wider audience.
MBA in Fashion Management Syllabus
Students pursuing MBA in Fashion Management will be studying a blend of concepts related to fashion and business management. Although the details of course structure might vary from university to university the generic courses will include:
- Developing and managing luxury retail
- The fashion industry: creativity in business
- Culture of brands
- Managing a jewellery brand
- Design and marketing of luxury goods
- Managing a watch brand
- Retail marketing
- Social media and consumer engagement
- Retail store layout and design
- Luxury brand consumer behaviour
- Luxury brand finance
Also Read: MBA in Quality Management
Top Universities for MBA in Fashion Management Abroad
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intake season, mark your calendars with the Uniconnect Virtual Fair and get enrolled in top universities for MBA in fashion management abroad:
|Fashion Institute of Technology New York
|Cornell University New York
|London College of Fashion UK
|Parsons School of Design New York
Top Fashion Management Colleges in India
There is only limited no. of colleges offering MBA in fashion management in India. Check out the list of top fashion management colleges in India that will help you pursue your dream education:
- IIFT, Chandigarh
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- Amity School of Fashion Technology, Noida
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- IIFT, New Delhi
Also Read: MBA in Switzerland
Before enrolling for an MBA in Fashion Management, you need to understand the eligibility criteria for applying to any university or college.
- Completed 10+2 and Bachelors degree
- Appear for the entrance exams for admission in top fashion schools in India
- If students wish to pursue this course abroad, they must get a good score in these exams specifically – IELTS, TOEFL, PTE
- GMAT scores are required by some universities
- Some universities also conduct personal interviews as a part of their selection process
The application process remains the same for all the intakes. Here is an overview of the step-by-step application process for a list of universities offering MBA in Fashion Management:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements.
- Click on the application form of the respective university.
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification.
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth).
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking.
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
International students while seeking to study MBA in Fashion Management abroad, must keep the following documents handy at the time of admissions. Some of the following are listed:
- All past academic qualifications and transcripts
- Test scores – IELTS, TOEFL etc
- Statement of Purpose
- Cover Letter (if required)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Updated Resume
- MBA Essays
- Copy of student visa
- Passport size photographs
Are you obsessed with the latest trends in fashion and have entrepreneurial skills? MBA in Fashion Management is your right choice but there are still many skills a management student must have.
- Flair for fashion
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Visualization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Drawing skills
MBA in Fashion Management Scope
Fashion is one of the most rapidly growing industries. Many top fashion brands have their branches in many different parts of the world. This has created a demand for the professionals in field of fashion. After pursuing an MBA in Fashion Management students can explore their niche in many areas including designing, textile management, retail management and many more.
MBA in Fashion Management Salary in India
The following are the salaries of top professionals in the field of fashion:
|Job Profile Salary
|Fashion Product Manager 16 Lakh
|Fashion Brand Manager 7.4 Lakh
|Fashion Consultant 2.3 Lakh
|Personal Stylist 3.43 Lakh
|Fashion Coordinator 2.6 Lakh
MBA in Fashion Management graduates is employed in a variety of administrative and management jobs that come under the fashion industry. The job demands and prospects in the fashion industry are multiplying every year thus creating more job opportunities for graduates. The following are some of the top recruiters for MBA in Fashion Management:
- Godrej Interior
- Zed Interiors,
- Manjeet Bullar
- Office for International Architecture (OFIA)
- Design Atelier
- ICrave Designs
The following are the top colleges in India for fashion management:
Jaipur National University, Jaipur
Amity School of Fashion Technology, Noida
Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
IIFT, New Delhi
MBA in Fashion Management is your right choice but there are still many skills a management student must have.
Flair for fashion
Attention to detail
MBA in Fashion Management is a two-year post-graduate course meant for fashion and marketing experts. The course involves monitoring customer needs, advertising products, building marketing strategies and focusing on brand growth
Are you planning to pursue MBA in Fashion Management abroad? Our experts at study abroad and with their guidance, counselling and helping hands, you will be able to conquer what you desire. Call us at 1800572000 and book your free 30-minute session.