Alliance Manchester Business School is the business school of the University of Manchester in Manchester, United Kingdom, and is one of the country’s and Europe’s most prestigious business schools. It is also the UK’s second-oldest university, offering undergraduate, postgraduate, and executive education. The University of Manchester MBA programme is now ranked #4 in the United Kingdom and is aimed to provide students with the most practical information that will not only upgrade but also distinguish their resume. The business school offers a variety of MBA programmes to meet the needs of a diverse range of professionals and aspirants. If you want to switch your career, relocate, or take on a more demanding role, the University of Manchester MBA might be the perfect option for you because it will take you as far as you want to go, no matter what your goals are.
|Offered By||Alliance Manchester Business School|
|Admission Intake||Vary for different MBA programmes|
|Language Proficiency||IELTS, TOEFL, PTE|
|Average Salary||₹96.63 lakhs|
This Blog Includes:
- About Alliance Manchester Business School
- Why Choose the Manchester MBA?
- University of Manchester MBA Programmes
- Study Format
- University of Manchester MBA Entry Requirements
- The University of Manchester MBA Duration
- University of Manchester MBA Intakes
- University of Manchester Fees & Scholarships for MBA
About Alliance Manchester Business School
The reason to attend Alliance Manchester Business School (Alliance MBS) is simple: the business school produces graduates who think in new ways. Alliance MBS equips students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in today’s business world. Alliance MBS, which is part of The University of Manchester, is one of the UK’s largest campus-based business and management schools, ranking 36th in the world and 10th in Europe (FT Global Rankings 2018). It includes international centres in Dubai, Hong Kong, Sao Paolo, Shanghai, and Singapore, as well as a 60,000-strong alumni community spread across 176 countries, giving manchester MBA aspirants a truly global reach and outlook.
With worldwide projects, real consultancy work, and internships with high-profile, multinational organisations, the University of Manchester MBA guarantees that you obtain a strong grounding in business theory and provide you with the opportunity to put it into practice from day one.
Why Choose the Manchester MBA?
- The University of Manchester provides a variety of MBA programmes, including full-time, part-time, executive, and online MBA programmes.
- The University of Manchester MBA programme emphasises ‘learning-by-doing,’ foreign study options, and flexibility.
- To begin, you’ll study the global business environment as well as key business and management courses (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Operations and Strategy).
- You’ll also work on real-world business projects and choose from a variety of speciality electives.
- The MBA cohorts at the University of Manchester are made up of bright individuals from all around the world.
- This global network will enhance your education and provide you with a plethora of opportunities.
University of Manchester MBA Programmes
Let’s explore the different types of MBA programmes that the University of Manchester is offering to international students and aspirants:
Full-Time MBA Degree
The Manchester full-time MBA is one of the most practical MBA programmes in the world. By embarking on three consulting assignments with real clients, you will obtain unrivalled experience for your CV. It doesn’t get any more interactive than that. The full-time MBA programme allows you to study for either 18 or 15 months. Personal career counselling and international alumni network, electives at six global centres, internship possibilities, and more will be available to you. You’ll also be a part of a diverse and supportive community of MBA students from all over the world. This is a fantastic opportunity to study at one of the most popular institutions in the UK, in the heart of one of the most interesting cities in the country.
Global Part-Time MBA Degree
While working full-time, you can study for an international part-time MBA from anywhere in the world. This means you’ll be able to use the skills and knowledge you gain right away to solve your business problems. Professionals from all industries with at least three years of experience and excellent career growth are eligible for the University of Manchester Global MBA. You will receive the same MBA degree as applicants who complete the full-time MBA at the University of Manchester. Students will tackle two demanding business projects in addition to traditional business and management courses. They’ll also select speciality electives in areas of interest. To help aspirants grow their global network, students can attend workshops at top overseas locations such as Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore.
Alo read about Two-Year MBA Programs in UK
Global Executive MBA
This MBA will prepare you to lead successfully in the face of uncertainty, grasp opportunities for innovation in an ever-changing business landscape, and tackle the complex business challenges you confront on a daily basis as a senior executive. The Global Executive MBA is a fast-paced and hands-on curriculum. Regardless of your industry, job role, or geographic location, this part-time executive Manchester MBA degree will enable you to:
- Operating in a globalised company setting and must be aware of the economic, societal, and cultural obstacles and disparities that arise.
- Collaborate on real-world business issues and interact with business professionals.
- Learn the practical and analytical skills, critical awareness, and transferrable skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s and tomorrow’s business sectors.
- Improve your self-awareness, self-management skills, personal networks, and networking skills.
- Learn how to use reflective practice to engage in lifelong personal and professional development.
Kelley-Manchester Global MBA Degree
The Kelley-Manchester Global MBA is a collaboration between Alliance Manchester Business School and Kelley School of Business in the United States, a global leader in online MBA education. This is one of the UK’s most flexible part-time MBA programmes. It offers more online learning than our Global Part-time MBA, as well as at least three global workshop immersions where students can study and network with peers from all over the world. This University of Manchester blended learning MBA combines courses from Kelley’s top-ranked online MBA (ranked 5th in the Financial Times Online MBA Ranking) with courses from the Manchester MBA.
Here’s everything to know about the University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
|Types of MBA||Format of Study|
|Full-Time MBA||Full-time learning|
|Global MBA||(Part-time blended learning) Online + 29 days of face-to-face teaching across 6 workshops residencies|
|Global Executive MBA||(Part-time blended learning) Online + 32 days of face-to-face teaching across 5 workshops residencies|
|Kelley-Manchester Global MBA||Online + 17 days of face-to-face teaching across 3 workshops residencies + an option to add an extra 5 face-to-face days in Washington DC|
University of Manchester MBA Entry Requirements
Although the entry or eligibility requirements to study MBA at the University of Manchester will vary with the type of MBA programme that you’ll choose, mentioned below is the general entry requirements for the same:
- The applicants must have a 1st class or upper second class honours in the bachelor degree with at least 60% aggregate marks.
- Applicants are expected to be in the top 25% of their bachelor class.
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience after graduation is required (from completion of your undergraduate degree to commencing the MBA)
- The Manchester MBA programme necessitates a high level of proficiency in English, including speaking, writing, listening, and reading. Hence, MBA aspirants are required to possess a competent ELP test score such as:
|CPE or CAE (Cambridge)||Grade c|
|Indian Standard X11 Certificate||65% in English|
Apart from the above-mentioned entry requirements for Manchester MBA, students will also be required to possess the following important documents to apply for the MBA programme at the University of Manchester:
- Completely filled application form
- Statement of Purpose
- Complete English essays (if asked)
- Recommendation letters or LORs
- Completed Current professional resume
- UK Student Visa
- At least 2 Passport-sized photographs
Don’t have an adequate amount of work experience?
Here’s our blog on MBA in UK Without Work Experience
The University of Manchester MBA Duration
The duration for different types of Manchester MBA programmes is mentioned below:
|Types of MBA||Duration|
|Full-Time MBA||18, 15 or 12 months|
|Global MBA||24 months|
|Global Executive MBA||18 months|
|Kelley-Manchester Global MBA||24 months|
University of Manchester MBA Intakes
Refer to the following table given below to know about different intakes for the University of Manchester MBA:
|Different Types of MBA||Duration|
|Global MBA||January & July|
|Global Executive MBA||January & July|
|Kelley-Manchester Global MBA||July|
University of Manchester Fees & Scholarships for MBA
The fees for different Manchester MBA programmes are different. Refer to the table given below for University of Manchester Fees for MBA:
|Different Types of MBA||Duration|
|Full-Time MBA||£45,000 (INR 46.36 lakhs)|
|Global MBA||£30,000 (INR 30.91 lakhs)|
|Global Executive MBA||£39,500 (INR 40.69 lakhs)|
|Kelley-Manchester Global MBA||$65,000 (INR 66.97 lakhs)|
To help students fulfil their dream of pursuing MBA at University of Manchester, the university provides various scholarships to its international students. Scholarships are provided based on overall academic record, professional track and communication skills. Some of the popular scholarships are as follows:
- GREAT Scholarship
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for International Students
- VueVille Future Technology Scholarship
- Monica Cole Research Grant
Know everything about UK Visa Application Process, Fee & Requirements
This was all about the University of Manchester MBA programmes? Are you planning to pursue your MBA degree in the UK? Since the January intake is around the corner, it’s time to fasten your seatbelts and pull up your socks! Remember that our Leverage Edu experts are just a call away to give you excellent guidance and mentorship that will make you land at your dream university in the UK. Call us on 1800572000 and book your FREE meeting with our counsellors today!