The University of Birmingham is known as the red brick university; this term refers to a group of universities founded in industrial cities of England in the nineteenth century. It is also a member of the Russell Group Universities, which means it belongs to a group of research universities with a reputation for academic excellence. Let’s look at the University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship for the years 2023-2024.
|Global Master’s Scholarship
|£10,000 (INR 9.96 Lakh)
|Taught Master Degree
|31st August 2023
This Blog Includes:
What is the Global Masters Scholarship?
This award (the value of which will be announced shortly) is open to all international students from various countries who wish to study for a taught Master’s degree at Birmingham University in the 2023-24 academic year.
Applications for the Global Masters Scholarship in the UK 2023 are now invited. Birmingham University Scholarships are now available to international students from all over the world. International Students can choose from a variety of courses.
A total of 40 scholarships worth up to £10,000 (INR 9.96 Lakh) will be awarded. This award will be deducted from each successful scholar’s total tuition fees. The Global Masters Scholarship is a £10,000 (INR 9.96 Lakh) award that will help you study at the University of Birmingham in 2022-23.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered. You must:
- Have applied for and been accepted for a taught Master’s degree at the University of Birmingham UK campus for the 2023-24 academic year.
- Be classified as ‘domiciled‘ in one of the countries listed. Please read till the end of the article to check out the countries.
- Be classified as an overseas fee payer by the University for tuition fee purposes.
- Begin your studies at the University in September/October 2023 on a full-time course taught at the UK campus.
Who are Not Eligible?
Apart from the eligibility criteria listed above, there are specific criteria that make you ineligible to apply for the scholarship. Have a look at these points to see who is not eligible:
- If you decide to postpone the start date of your programme until September 2024, you will no longer be eligible because the scholarship is only available for programmes beginning in September 2023.
- This scholarship is not available to students who wish to study solely through a ‘distance learning‘ programme.
- Students applying for programmes at the Birmingham Business School are not eligible for this scholarship, but they are eligible for the Business School’s other separate MSc and MBA scholarships.
- Undergraduate degree programmes such as MBChB, MEng, MSci, and MPharm are not eligible.
- This scholarship is not available to students at the University of Birmingham Dubai campus.
Applicants who meet the above criteria will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
To accept the scholarship, you must formally accept the offer from the University’s Admissions Office by the deadline specified on the offer. This can be done through the postgraduate portal.
To fully secure the scholarship, you must also pay the standard £2,000 (INR 1.99 Lakh) admissions deposit by the deadline specified in your offer letter by the Admissions Office. (For this scholarship selection process, your deposit must be paid by August 31st, 23:59 UK time/ GMT+1).
Scholarships will be awarded based on the above-mentioned eligibility criteria and the application and admission process. The University will make every effort to enter the scholarship information into each student’s CAS record for visa application purposes (this ‘note’ will be visible to the UKVI but not to the student). The scholarship, in the form of a tuition fee reduction, will be awarded/applied upon the successful candidate’s enrollment in September 2023.
Here is a list of eligible countries that you should be deemed domiciled of. Have a look!
|United Arab Emirates
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
Important Details About the University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship
Candidates must have completed online registration and be ‘Normally Registered’ by October 3 (23:59 UK time/ GMT+1). If this is not the case, the scholarship will be withdrawn by the university. Candidates must also have paid their net tuition fees for the first year by November 1st, or have established a payment plan and paid the first instalment.
If you withdraw from your University programme, this scholarship will be forfeited, and you will be required to pay your tuition fees. The amount of tuition you will be charged is determined by the date of your withdrawal (as reported to Taught Student Administration) and the type of programme.
Accepting and securing this scholarship entails providing profile testimonials and engaging in ambassadorial activities as requested by the University.
Scholarships, bursaries, and other awards are available from the University of Birmingham for students studying at the university.
The University of Birmingham has a number of part-fee scholarships available for international students at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. See the Scholarships section for more information and to apply.
This was all about the University of Birmingham Global Scholarships. If you wish to secure admission to Birmingham University or any other university in the UK, USA or anywhere around the world, contact Leverage Edu and book a 30-minute free counselling session with our experts on 1800 57 2000.