The University of Otago Kraft Heinz Food Science Scholarship was established in 2019 by the University of Otago with significant assistance from Kraft Heinz to encourage school-leavers to continue their education leading to a career in Food Science. Graduates with a strong background in food science are widely sought after by the fast-paced, difficult, and fiercely competitive food sector. To know more about Kraft Heinz food science scholarship, read this blog article till the end.
|Value of Scholarship||$3,000 over 3 years|
|Closing Date||15 January|
|Scholarship Level||Undergraduate level|
|Scholarship Category||Food Science and Human Nutrition|
Must Read: Scholarships in New Zealand
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria for Kraft Heinz Food Science Scholarship
The following requirements must be met by applicants:
- They must be New Zealand citizens or holders of the New Zealand Residence Class Visa;
- They must be final-year students enrolled in a New Zealand secondary school; and
- They must intend to enrol full-time in a BSc in Food Science or a BAppSc in Consumer Food Science at the University of Otago.
The following elements will be taken into account when choosing the scholarship recipient:
- NCEA-level academic achievement
- A love of the sciences, especially those that relate to food
- Information from referees regarding one’s own strengths and skills
Candidates Must Be
Enrolled in a New Zealand secondary school’s final year; intending to enrol full-time in a BSc in Food Science or BAppSc in Consumer Food Science at the University of Otago; and currently enrolled in a secondary school in New Zealand. a resident or citizen of New Zealand.
The award is worth $3,000 NZD, distributed equally over three years of study. Additionally, the recipient of the scholarship may have the chance to complete an industrial work placement at one of Kraft Heinz’s food processing facilities during the summer break following the second year of study, with a potential salary of NZD$ 5,000.
Must Read: MBA Scholarships in New Zealand
Requirements for Kraft Heinz Food Science Scholarship
For the scholarship to remain in effect in the second year of study, the bearer must get at least a B average on the core papers taken in the first year of study. The recipient of the scholarship must be enrolled in either a BAppSc in Consumer Food Science or a BSc in Food Science. The scholarship could be presented along with other prizes or scholarships.
Kraft Heinz Food Science Scholarship: Publicity
The names, images, and personal information of selected applicants may be used by the University of Otago and Kraft Heinz for advertising and publicity. When asked by the University of Otago, scholarship recipients must agree to make themselves fairly available for interviews and promotional events. The aforementioned clause’s requirements are contingent upon receiving the Scholarship holder’s written consent.
Must Read: New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
Students need to go through the following general steps in order to study abroad:
- Check out the whole curriculum, student testimonials, and overall school ranking when narrowing down your list of universities and courses. You may also use Leverage Edu’s AI course finder to help you pick the best course for you.
- To find answers to all of your questions about the programme, the application procedure, the fees, the teaching method, placements, etc., get in touch with the universities you’ve been shortlisted for.
- Prepare for standardized examinations like the GMAT, GRE, SAT, and ACT as well as other tests like the IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Preparing application essays. An important component of the application is writing a compelling and original SOP because it carries a lot of weightage. The student may need to submit essays for admission and research proposals for the MBA and PhD programmes.
To study abroad, you require the documents mentioned below:
- Scores of English proficiency Tests: IELTS or TOEFL
- SAT exam score (Some universities consider the SAT scores)
- 2 pictures and a copy of your passport or another acceptable form of identification
- Attestation letters: minimum of two
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of recommendation
Must Read: Everything You Need to Know About New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
Ans. The value of the scholarship is $3,000 over 3 years
Ans. This scholarship is offered on an undergraduate level.
Ans. The category of scholarship is food science and human nutrition.
This was all about the Kraft Heinz food science scholarship. Since admission to top universities is highly competitive, you’ll need to submit an application that is immaculate in addition to having strong academics. Leverage Edu experts who can help you with the application process so that you may accomplish your objectives. Contact us right away at 1800 57 2000 for a complimentary 30-minute counselling consultation.