Mexico is one of the most popular tourist destinations because of its picturesque landscape and diverse culture. Mexico is growing to become a popular study abroad option too for students all around the world. Mexico’s higher education system was ranked 31st in the latest edition of QS Higher Education System Strength Rankings. Want to study in Mexico? This blog brings you all the relevant information regarding studying in Mexico.
Also Read: Cheapest Countries to Study Abroad
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Mexico
Mexico is the most visited place in Latin America and is the most fun place for tourists, students as well as the locals. Studying in Mexico will provide you with a memorable life experience that you will cherish for the rest of your life. Here are a few reasons why you should consider studying in Mexico.
- Mexico’s higher education system is growing tremendously and has secured 31st rank in the latest edition of the QS Higher education system strength rankings. Not only are there universities on top ranks but they also provide high-quality education and provide the students with opportunities to work on real projects in specialized labs and mentorship opportunities from the industry leaders.
- One of the major selling points about Mexican education is its affordability. Mexico’ higher education system is considered to be the most affordable for international students in terms of the quality of education that it provides. Both Mexico City and Monterrey come under top 20 student affordable cities.
- The diverse culture of Mexico is something which attracts a lot of students. While your stay there, you will not be only limited to your fellow batchmates but you will have the opportunity to network with a bunch of diverse people belonging to different cultures and learn about their culture. Also, about 60 indigenous languages are spoken in Mexico, so you will also have the chance to become multilingual.
- The party culture of Mexico doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Mexico provides some of the best and unique party scenes in Latin America. Not only that but there is also a huge food cuisine in Mexico. The food scene of Mexico has been named as part of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO
Cost of Studying in Mexico
Before you decide to study in Mexico, it is important that you know the cost and expenses involved in it. We have calculated the entire cost to study in Mexico. It is mentioned below for your reference.
- Tuition Fees-
- Public University- $378-$818 (INR 27,801)
- Private University- $1,636-$16,353 (INR 46,777)
- Accommodation Costs- $100-$200 (INR 7354)
- Food Costs- $150-$200 (INR 14,709)
- Living costs are fairly low in Mexico and the country provides high-quality education to international students at a fair rate.
Must Read: Happiest Countries to Study Abroad
Scholarships in Mexico
To make studying in Mexico more viable for students both national and international, there are various scholarships available. Students can apply and qualify these scholarships to get partial or full coverage to study in Mexico. They are listed below for your reference.
- Education Future International Scholarship
- Sir Ratanji Dalal Research Scholarship
- AIWA Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship
- Keith and Dorothy Mackay Postgraduate Travelling Scholarships
- RMLA Masters Scholarships
- Cogan and Power Academic Scholarship
- Banting International Postdoctoral Fellowships
The admission requirements in universities/ colleges require you to provide certain documents. To be able to study in Mexico, you have to keep the below mentioned documents ready.
- Official academic transcripts
- Valid Passport
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendations
- Scores of English Proficiency exams such as TOEFL/IELTS
Mexico Student Visa
Any international student who wishes to study in Mexico needs to obtain a Mexico student visa. Two types of student visa in Mexico are-
- Temporary student resident visa- Applicable for students who wish to take a course which is longer than 180 days.
- Visitor student visa- Applicable for students who will take a course whose duration is shorter than 180 days.
Must Read: How to Study Abroad with KPO Experience?
Documents Required for Student visa
There are many documents required to apply in universities to study in Mexico. They are listed below for your reference.
- Completed visa application form
- Valid passport
- Passport size picture
- A booked flight ticket
- Letter of acceptance from your educational institution, addressed to the Mexico embassy.
- Bank statements or investments from the last three months
- Student visa processing fee
- If you are not a national of the country you are currently living in: Include proof of legal residence there, such as a residence permit.
Listed below are the top universities in Mexico. You can apply here in case you want to study in Mexico.
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- University of Guadalajara
- Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México
- Universidad Anáhuac México
- Meritorious Autonomous University of Puebla
- Autonomous University of Mexico State
- Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo
- Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí
- Centro de Enseñanza Técnica y Superior
- EGADE Business School
- Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro
- Universidad de Colima
Student Life in Mexico
Though Mexico is a predominantly Spanish speaking nation but still English is widely used there and thus international students don’t face any issues while they stay in Mexico. Although, it’s true about Mexico being an extremely violent place but once you forget about it and experience what the place has to offer, Mexico will open up a world of excitement for you. The city center hosts a bustling commercial center of street vendors and market stalls, while the barrios (neighborhoods) of San Ángel and Coyoacán provide laidback, small-town charm. There are a lot of tourist cities in Mexico which provide students with a life filled with fun and excitement.
Some of the student cities are-
- Mexico City
How to Apply?
In order to apply to study in Mexico, you will need to directly apply to the universities via the admission department. All the universities in Mexico differ from their admission requirements and you may or may not be asked to clear an entrance exam before depending upon the university and your course of study.
We hope that this blog was able to help you gain all the relevant information regarding studying in Mexico. Wondering about studying in Mexico? Connect with Leverage Edu experts to get complete assistance in getting admission in your dream university. Sign up for a free session with us now!