Pharmacy is one of the branches of Health Science which deals with the study of drugs, its preparation, testing, analysis, and its proper utilization to cure a multitude of diseases. You can kickstart your career in this field by pursuing a bachelor’s degree followed by a postgraduate program. The Master in Pharmacy or M Pharm is one such course that can open doors to an array of career opportunities in this sector. A 2-year, postgraduate degree program, M Pharm is an evidence-based, research and development course. The diverse curriculum of the course equips students with various instrumental techniques, industry-specific operations, and research methodologies. It offers an opportunity for students to specialize in subjects like Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Oncology Pharmacy, Pharmacognosy, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Industrial Pharmacy, etc. Thus, a bachelor’s degree can help you get a job, but a postgraduation course will help you develop the skills and competencies to build a strong career in this field. Before we discuss the eligibility criteria, universities, and career prospects of the M Pharm course, let us understand the skills required to pursue this course.
Skillset for Pursuing M Pharm Course
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Counselling Skills
- Strong Interpersonal and Business Management Skills
Eligibility Criteria for M Pharm
Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria to pursue M Pharm course abroad:
- The applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or in a field related to it like Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, etc.
- The minimum eligibility criteria may vary from one university to another.
- Some universities may also require you to be a practising pharmacist or have relevant work experience.
- A valid IELTS or TOEFL score.
- A Pharmacy course involves the use of many chemicals, thus, having a clean criminal record is a mandatory provision.
- During the admission process, you will be required to submit a Statement of Purpose(SOP), Letter of Recommendation(LOR), an updated resume or a CV, application fee receipt, and Transcripts of courses you have completed.
Where to Pursue M Pharm?
There is a wide range of universities and institutes abroad that offer M Pharm degree program. Some of the universities are as follows:
- The University of Glasgow, UK
- De Montfort University International College, UK
- University of Reading, UK
- Centennial College, Canada
- La Trobe University, Australia
- The University of Sydney, Australia
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- Curtin University, Australia
- University of Technology Sydney- UTS, Australia
- University of Sheffield, UK
- Cardiff University, UK
- University of Liverpool, UK
Career Prospects after M Pharm
The curriculum of this degree course is designed to impart deep knowledge and develop the necessary skills to build a strong career in this field. Thus, an M Pharm degree opens doors to an array of career opportunities across various industries. Here is a list of areas you can work after completing the program:
- Analytical R&D and Formulation Development (F&D)
- Sales and Marketing of Pharmaceutical products
- Lecturers in Universities
- Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Regulatory Affairs of different Pharmaceutical products and businesses.
- Hospitals, Community Pharmacy, and Clinics
- Start your own practice after obtaining requisite license
Work Profiles of an M Pharm Graduate:
- Clinical Researcher
- Quality Analyst
- Pharmacovigilance Officer
- Drug Regulator
- Medical Writer
- Quality Control Manager
- Medical Representative
- Production Engineer
- Market Research Analyst
Top Pharma Companies
Below mentioned are some of the renowned companies which can offer jobs to an M Pharm graduates:
- Dr. Reddys Laborotories
- Bristol-Myers Squibb(BMS)
- Merck and Co.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
Hopefully, this blog has given you a better understanding of the M Pharm course and its career prospects. If you want to pursue this program abroad but are confused about how to get started with the admission process then you can contact Leverage Edu. From choosing the right university to completing the admission process, the counsellors will help you at every step of your journey to success.