If you plan to study in the UK, you must know about the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter. A CAS Letter is an important electronic document that you need to request from your university before applying for your student visa. While all universities charge a certain amount as CAS deposit, it can be as low as 0 or go higher than £5000. The amount gets adjusted to your first-year fees and has to be paid in advance to sit for the visa application. As several students apply to different universities to keep a backup, a low CAS deposit can lead to fewer losses. So, in this blog, we will be discussing the universities issuing CAS Letters in under 2000 pounds.
|Issued By||Concerned University and UK Government’ UK Visa and Immigration(UKVI)|
|Required For||UK Student Visa (Tier 4)|
Unconditional Offer by a University in the UK
|Deposit Cost||0- £5000 (Depends on University)|
|Deposit Detail||Adjusted in First-year Tuition Fees|
Table of Contents
- What is a CAS Letter?
- Why is a CAS Letter required for Visa Application?
- CAS Letter for Undergraduate Programmes
- Universities issuing CAS Letters in under 2000 pounds for Undergraduate Programmes
- CAS Letter for Postgraduate Programmes
- Universities Issuing CAS Letters in Under £2000 for Postgraduate Programmes
- When is a CAS Letter Issued?
- How can you Access your CAS Letter?
What is a CAS Letter?
CAS Letter is a document that contains your Confirmation of Acceptance for Students (CAS) number that you will need for your student visa application. You need to have a CAS before applying for a UK Student Visa (Tier 4). It also includes details about you and the course you are applying for. The visa committee will further match these details with those you provide for the visa application process.
Why is a CAS Letter required for Visa Application?
A CAS Number is a proof that you have received an unconditional offer from your university. It helps the visa application process to work smoothly and faster than otherwise. It also confirms that the details that you have provided for the visa application are the same that you have provided for your university. In case, the details do not match, your visa application is refused.
CAS Letter for Undergraduate Programmes
While the universities in the UK have the same requirement and usage of CAS Letter, different universities ask for a different deposit. Let’s check out some of the important details that you must know regarding the CAS Letter for Undergraduate Courses in the UK:
- If you join the university, your CAS Deposit will be adjusted to your first year’s tuition fees
- Universities require undergraduate students to provide proof of their qualifications before issuing the CAS Letter
- For universities that assign students with colleges, the students must be allocated a college
- Only students who have a fully unconditional offer available are issued CAS Number. So, you need to fulfil all the conditions in your conditional offer if you received one
- An Undergraduate CAS Number is issued within 2-3 days in normal circumstances. However, during the summer intake as many students apply, there can be a longer waiting period
- If you have a sponsor for your course, you need to fill a University Sponsor Form.
Universities issuing CAS Letters in under 2000 pounds for Undergraduate Programmes
Here are some of the top universities in the UK that issue a CAS Letter for undergraduate courses with a deposit equal to or less than 2000 pounds:
|University||Deposit for UG Courses|
|University of East Anglia||2000|
|University of Essex||1000|
|University of Strathclyde||2000|
|University of Bristol||No|
|University of Liverpool||No|
|University of York||No|
CAS Letter for Postgraduate Programmes
Now that we are aware of the undergraduate courses, let’s know more about the CAS letter for postgraduate programmes. While a lot of universities in the UK follow the same rules for undergraduate and postgraduate CAS Letters, the deposit fees and a few details may vary. Let’s take a look at the features of a CAS Letter for postgraduate courses:
- If you join the university, your deposit amount will be adjusted to your first-year tuition fees
- In most universities in the UK, your concerned department drafts and issues a CAS Letter
- If you are applying for a Postgraduate research program related to science, technology or engineering, you need to apply for Academic Technology Approval Scheme(ATAS) clearance
- If you wish to attend the pre-sessional courses offered by your university will be eligible to receive a CAS for the full-time duration of both pre-sessional and main program.
Universities Issuing CAS Letters in Under £2000 for Postgraduate Programmes
Here are some of the top universities in the UK that issue a CAS Letter for postgraduate Courses with a deposit equal to or less than 2000 pounds:
|University||CAS Deposit for UG Courses|
|University of East Anglia||£2000|
|University of Essex||£1000|
|Queen Mary University of London||£2,000|
|University of Strathclyde||£2000|
|University of Bristol||£1,500|
|University of Liverpool||£1000|
|University of Hull||£2000|
When is a CAS Letter Issued?
A CAS letter is an important document for your admission to any university in the UK, so make sure to know the details on how and when it is issued.
- To receive a CAS letter, you need to have an unconditional offer from the university you applied to
- Once you receive the offer, you need to inform the university that you are accepting it and pay the fees deposit
- The University then applies to the UK Government’ UK Visa and Immigration(UKVI) for your CAS Number.
- UKVI then issues a CAS Number to your profile.
How can you Access your CAS Letter?
Once your CAS Number has been released, the university will allow you to access it. While different universities follow different methods to allow students to confirm their details, here is how you can access your CAS letter:
- Your university may have its own CAS Portal or it will share the details on your email address
- You will receive your ID at the email address through which you can access your CAS Letter.
- Make sure that you double-check all the details and edit if required. You may also have to fill in a few details
- Once you have submitted your details, you will receive the final CAS statement and CAS Number that will be required for your Visa application process.
So, that was all you should know about Universities issuing CAS Letters in under 2000 pounds. If you are planning to study in the UK, these universities are a great option with their state-of-the-art infrastructure and intriguing courses. Get expert counselling, assistance in the application and visa processing, mentor support and most important, admission to these amazing universities with Leverage Edu for FREE! So, what are you waiting for? Book your first session with us today!