Amongst the largest manufacturing hubs and the fastest Asian economies, Taiwan is a beautiful country located in the heart of Asia. Taiwan has significantly made a mark not just in the economic sphere but also in education; they are fast- becoming of the most sought after countries for education tourism because of the low of education, a wide range of programs, and incredible universities with high student satisfaction and employment ratios, If you are exploring unique and upcoming study abroad destinations then studying in Taiwan should be on your list! Keep reading to know more about top universities, requirements, and application process to study in the land of tea brewers!
This Blog Includes:
Study in Taiwan News 2021
- Taiwan will prolong its third phase COVID-19 notice until July 26, although relaxing certain rules to permit for more social events to begin next week, according to the island’s illness evaluating authority.
- Given the concerns of population dissemination, the existing level-3 notice, which is in effect till July 12, will be extended for a further 2 weeks, the ministry announced on Thursday.
Covid-19 Response in Taiwan
- COVID-19 took place shortly even prior to the Lunar New Year, when thousands of Taiwanese were scheduled to visit for the festivities.
- To preserve human safety, Taiwan swiftly mobilised and implemented specialised techniques for disease surveillance, confinement, and risk management.
- Taiwan began the production of large datasets for analytics by using its national health insurance information and integrating it with its passport checks databases; it created real-time warnings throughout a treatment session based on traffic patient history signs to help case diagnosis.
- It also made use of cutting-edge technologies, such as QR code reading and electronic monitoring of medical history and overall health.
- Individuals with minimal risk were sent a mental wellbeing declaration border throw via Text messaging to their phones for quicker migrant approval.
- Those with increased risk were sterilised at residence and recorded via smartphone to guarantee they stayed in the house during the initial infection.
Requirements to Study in Taiwan for International Students
- Copy of a valid passport
- Scorecard of English proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced (for some Universities)
- GMAT/GRE for Masters programs
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendations (LOR)
- Portfolio (for specific courses)
- A CV (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Cost of Studying in Taiwan
In Taiwan, tuition costs vary with each university. Because they might range between 675 EUR (INR 59,439) to 12,700 EUR (INR 11,18,350) each year, it really is a good idea to look into the particular costs of the school you want to join and the subject you want to take. However, the following are some average costs at state colleges:
- Bachelor’s degrees cost between 96,000 and 6,50,000 INR each year.
- Master’s degrees cost between 50,000 and 1,35,500 INR each year.
- PhD cost between 60,000 and 6,00,000 INR per year
Admission to state universities in Taiwan is much less expensive than tuition at private colleges, so take that into account if finances are a concern for you.
Cheapest Universities in Taiwan
Do you want to discover where you may study for the least money in Taiwan? Here are the cheapest institutions in Taiwan based on average yearly tuition fees:
|National Cheng Kung University||TWD 68,400 per year(INR 1,82,393)|
|National Taipei University||TWD 91,382 per year(INR 2,43,677)|
|National Chung Hsing University||TWD 42,000 per year(INR 1,11,978)|
|National Taiwan University||TWD 42,000 per year(INR 1,11,978)|
|Tzu Chi University||TWD 92,182 per year(INR 2,45,850)|
|Kaohsiung Medical University||TWD 61,480 per year(INR 1,63,741)|
|Yuan Ze University||TWD 91,382 per year(INR 2,43,677)|
Taiwan Student Visa
When a student wishes to study overseas, there are some requirements that must be completed in order for them to obtain a degree. A student visa is the type of authorization obtained for such a reason. A student visa for Taiwan is given when a candidate intends to pursue a course in Taiwan. This visa also has a number of other advantages.
Requirements for Student Visa
Depending on the visa, several types of documentation are necessary. The procedure also necessitates the use of many types of educational papers.
- Valid passport for at least six months beyond the date of trip
- A fully completed visa application form
- Two pictures in accordance with the photo requirements
- Itinerary for Travel
- Evidence of confirmed trip dates – Airline tickets
- Proof of employment from the sponsor – letter of remittance, ITR
- Accommodation proof – Invitation letter
Best Courses in Taiwan
Foreign students in Taiwan have access to every subject and field of study imaginable. The variety of degrees available at Taiwan universities is extensive in terms of education, technical experience, and professional skills.
- ACCA Course
- Business Innovation and Management Course
- Multimedia and Game Design Course
- Information Management
- International Business Course
- Innovative Living Design Course
- Tourism and Hospitality Course
Accomodation in Taiwan
Staying in Taiwan on a limited income will take you around 50,000-60,000 per month, not including tuition. The following factors may have an impact on your costs:
- Your choice of lodging (shared room; single room; off-campus vs on-campus)
- Personal expenditures on food, literature, and other goods
- The neighbourhood in which you will reside
- The expense of student housing
This was all about studying in Taiwan. The low cost of education, endless job opportunities and gateway to some of the most beautiful countries in Asia are some reasons to consider Taiwan. Needless to say, with so many top-rated colleges and courses to choose from, the admissions process can be exhausting. Book a free session with our experts at Leverage Edu and make your study abroad journey seamless!