The Bayer Foundation is one such foundation that provides fellowship support to students and helps them pursue their education in their dream study-abroad destination, Germany. Germany with its quality education, affordable fees, scholarship opportunities, and good lifestyle makes it the dream study-abroad destination for many students. Young talents all over the world have excellent opportunities to develop and expand their critical thinking skills, learn new perspectives, and forge important connections thanks to the scholarships offered by the Bayer Foundation. By providing all of this support, they seek to provide young, brilliant individuals with the opportunity to realize their potential, advance their careers, and push boundaries.
|Organisers||The Bayer Foundation|
|Organizers||10th April, 2023|
|Result Announcement||12th June, 2023|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Germany?
To begin with, let’s explore how Germany has established itself among the most popular study destinations in the world and why you should study in Germany:
- Provides high-quality education
- Provides a wide range of Programs at low or no tuition fees
- Affordable cost of living
- Easy Work Permit
- Easy Travel across Europe
- Lesser Chance of Language Barriers
Scholarships by Bayer Foundation: Overview
There are 3 different types of Scholarship Programs by Bayer Foundation, these are listed below:
- Carl Duisberg Medical Science Fellowship: It is provided to students enrolled in a PhD or MSc in data science or natural science whose research directly impacts crop science.
- Otto Bayer Fellowships for Drug Discovery Science: It is provided to students enrolled in graduate-level programs towards MSc or PhD in data science or pharmacy.
- Jeff Schell Fellowships for Agricultural Sciences: Students enrolled in UG Program leading to MSc or PhD in Data Science or Natural Science.
Benefits of Bayer Foundation Scholarships
Benefits of Bayer Foundation Scholarships are:
- Candidates can take part in fellowships for two weeks to six months and receive financial assistance of up to 10,000 euros.
- German students are expected to perform internships abroad, and international students are obligated to finish their fellowships at German research institutions.
- Fellowships provide outstanding opportunities for both professional and personal growth. They also encourage cross-organizational collaboration and multidisciplinary partnerships.
Also Read: German Scholarships
The following documents are required for Bayer Foundation Scholarships to Study in Germany :
- A suggested budget that includes a breakdown of all costs, including rent, travel, one-time costs, etc.
- Any degree-related certificates, such as those for a master’s, bachelor’s, or medical degree.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from the current or former direct supervisor at your home institute.
- A letter confirming the applicant’s placement is supported and has been authorised by the host institute.
- Academic Transcripts for recently completed research initiatives
Different fields have different eligibility requirements to be fulfilled these are listed below:
For Carl Duisberg Medical Science Fellowships: The medical sciences, applied medical research, public health, and data analytics in medicine are not open to undergraduate students or post-doctoral fellows. To be eligible for an MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in medical sciences, applied medical sciences, public health, or data science programmes in medicine, candidates must be enrolled in a programme in human or veterinary medicine.
For Otto Bayer Fellowships for Drug Discovery Science: Candidates must be enrolled in graduate-level courses towards an MSc, PhD, or equivalent degree in data science, pharmacy, or a related discipline to be eligible for the Otto Bayer Fellowships for Drug Discovery Sciences.
For Jeff Schell Fellowships in Agricultural Sciences: Candidates for Jeff Schell Fellowships in Agricultural Sciences must be engaged in programmes leading to an MSc, PhD, or an equivalent degree in natural sciences or data science.
Also Read: How to pursue a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)?
The application procedure for Bayer Foundation Scholarship is:
- The application is written in English.
- Applications sent through channels other than the application process on the internet site, such as email or letter, will not be considered.
- Inaccurate applications, lacking, or outside of the intended scope will not be considered.
- A single application should be submitted by each applicant. Each application that is submitted more than once will be rejected.
Student Life in Germany
Studying in German universities is the ideal combination of hard work and enjoyment. Studying in the nation allows you to improve your networking abilities while meeting students from all around the world. Students of various ethnicities, including Turks, Lithuanians, Portuguese, and French, study and work in the country. German universities have been recognised first in the world for providing quality education and leading the globe in technological and scientific research in terms of lectures and teaching style. Teachers and instructors cherish time; therefore, arrive on time for class and work hard on your grades to impress your professors!
During semester holidays, students have numerous options to travel to neighbouring countries and participate in internships to develop practical skills. German students are also permitted to work part-time during the academic term in order to support themselves. Another unique aspect of studying in the country is the opportunity to learn German and later seek permanent residency.
Must Read: Student Life in Germany
Ans: Only eligible first-year students in Master’s or PhD programmes in life sciences, biotechnology, or pharmacy in institutions of higher learning or research labs.
Ans: A stipend of up to EUR 10,000 will be given to those who are chosen for Bayer International Fellowships.
Ans: Fellowships offer exceptional opportunities for both personal and professional growth as well as fostering multidisciplinary relationships and cooperation across borders and organisations.
This was all about Bayer Foundation Scholarships to Study in Germany. If you wish to know more about the scholarships, application process, visa process etc to study abroad, connect with Leverage Edu. If you’re confused about which course or university you should opt for, connect with our counsellors at 1800 57 2000 and book your 30-minute free consultation.