Science has been one of the most common streams of study amongst undergraduates. It’s the stream leading up to popular courses in Engineering, Medicine and allied disciplines. One of the toughest courses for science students is MBBS. Thus to pursue MBBS, which seems to be unfulfilled in India, one should do his/her MBBS in Bangladesh. It is because of the immense rush of students to acquire a seat in a medical college and the limited number of seats throughout the country. MBBS in Bangladesh could be a great option primarily because of the quality of education and the fee structure for MBBS in Bangladesh. Indian students have an added advantage of cultural similarity. Bangladesh is gaining popularity as a study destination among other international students from countries other than India.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Bangladesh?
- Courses and Curriculum
- MBBS in Bangladesh: Fee Structure 2023
- Top Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Benefits of Pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh
Why Choose Bangladesh?
In India, the cost of getting an MBBS degree from any private medical college with decent infrastructure is no less than ₹50,00,000, many times it crosses even a crore depending on which college or which part of the country you select. This is just donation fee we are talking about; regular tuition fee would be charged on top of that before every semester or every year.
The reason why MBBS in Bangladesh is the right choice for Indian students includes the following reasons:
- Language – The major concern of many international students planning to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh is the language of the course in the selected foreign country. But you don’t have to worry as in Bangladesh, you’ll feel right at home. The medium of instruction in most universities is English which is a huge sigh of relief for Indian students.
- Cost – Pursuing an MBBS in Bangladesh is cheaper than most of the study abroad destinations due to low medical fee and reduced expenses.
- Currency – One of the major perks of studying MBBS in Bangladesh is the fact that the value of the currency is depreciated which will allow you to maintain your budget while roaming around the country seeing in its culture, food and beautiful location.
- Food – The food in Bangladesh has a similar palate when compared to Indian cuisine. Also, you can find an Indian restaurant very easily in the country when you study MBBS in Bangladesh.
- Travelling Cost – Being a neighboring country, the cost of travelling to Bangladesh is very low. It will cost you anything between 5000 to 10,000 to buy a plane ticket to Dhaka. Alternatively, you can also travel by train which plies between Kolkata and Dhaka.
- Globally Recognized MBBS – Medical study in East Pakistan is the best choice for South-East Asian counterparts for its recognition. It has good recognition of it throughout the world. So for the recognition and reputation of MBBS, it has, it would be best if one does MBBS in Bangladesh.
Courses and Curriculum
In Bangladesh, the courses are divided into 4 phases:
|First Phase||1.5 years||Anatomy, Biochemistry, etc.|
|Second Phase||1 year||Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine.|
|Third Phase||1 year||Pharmacology Therapeutics, Pathology, Microbiology, etc.|
|Fourth Phase||1.5 year||Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and allied courses.|
In total these time divisions constitute to five years of time and the schedule of the MBBS is planned accordingly.
MBBS in Bangladesh: Fee Structure 2023
The fee of pursuing MBBS in any of the medical universities of Bangladesh is highly affordable, which is around 40 lakhs (including food and accommodation). However, the cost may vary depending on the university you choose and the kind of lifestyle you opt for.
Top Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
Here are some of the top medical colleges to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh:
Bangladesh University of Professionals
This is the youngest university in Bangladesh and is administered by armed forces of Bangladesh. The main aim is to provide quality education for incoming students from different countries.
Another option to consider for MBBS in Bangladesh is Gono Bishwabiddalay. This university is recognized in Savar and is well known among foreign medical students.
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST)
One of the most distinguishing features for Shahjalal University of Science & Technology is that it offers PhD to the students. The university has been bestowed with varied titles like specialized institute for Science & Technology by virtue of the versatile colleges accessible at the university.
University of Dhaka
During British people dominion, this college was taken into account in the concert of the oldest universities within the country. It is a popular choice for pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh because of the high position in the ranking of the schools across Bangladesh in 2017. This university has also been included in the Top 100 Universities of Asia.
University of Rajshahi
The ranking of this university was given by Bangladesh University States. The University of Rajshahi stood in third in the country. After that, the University of Rajshahi became the youngest and largest universities in Bangladesh.
Southern Medical College
Another must-consider choice for MBBS in Bangladesh, this university helps in building their students’ as skilled and observant medical graduates to become successful doctors in society. Many students had their graduation from this college, pursue there practice and profession in India.
University of Science & Technology Chittagong (USTC)
USTC is a non-public university that was started as the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS). Out of the whole strength around 1200 student’s area unit from different countries like Bharat, Nepal, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Jordan, Palestine, etc.
Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College
This university is affiliated to Rajshahi University for MBBS degree. It has another affiliation with Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib for PG degrees. This university consists of non-profitable and is highly equipped with modern technology, which is why it is one of the most promising universities.
Dhaka National Medical College
This medical college was acquired from its forerunner, which is the Dhaka National Medical Institute. It consists of almost a total of 1500+ graduate doctors. These doctors have passed out of college and they are working within India and also abroad. It is now considered amongst the top colleges to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh.
The candidate is required to meet the following eligibility criteria to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh:
- The candidate is required to score a minimum CGPA of 8.0 in SSC
- The candidate is required to score a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in 12th
- It is required for the candidate to have a minimum of 3.5 score in Biology
The following are the steps to apply for MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students:
- Visit the selected university website to check the specific university eligibility criteria
- Fill out the application form and provide the details accurately
- When received an offer letter, save it for future use
- Pay the expense fee of the university
- Apply for the visa after the payment has been made to the university
- After visa application has been done, prepare for accommodation and flights booking
Benefits of Pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh
- There is NO donation required to get admission in a Bangladeshi medical college.
- The quality of infrastructure, education, and accommodation are comparably better to other developed countries.
- There is no entrance test required for admission and the application process is quite simple to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh.
- The hospitals are well equipped with great infrastructure and technology.
- According to an agreement the students from SAARC nations need not pay the extra tuition fee in medical colleges.
No, studying MBBS in Bangladesh is much cheaper than any other Government or Private College in India. Living and transportation expenses are also very affordable. It is actually a very good option for pursuing quality education at very low cost.
Yes, MBBS in Bangladesh is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). All government medical universities in Bangladesh are globally recognized by the MCI and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The medical degrees provided by medical universities in Bangladesh are globally recognized and are accepted by every organization in the industry. Candidates can practice medicine in India after pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh.
Many of the globally recognized colleges are established in Bangladesh. And consequently, this is the greatest factor why MBBS in Bangladesh is a great choice. But it is not easy to take the final decision and get oneself admitted to any college abroad. Even if you decide to get admission in any college in Bangladesh, it is not easy to know the exact details of the college, the admission processes, and other such details. So, to make this whole process simple, get in touch with Leverage Edu today.