Situated in the United Kingdom, London is the educational capital of the world housing more than 111,000 international students. Five of the London universities constantly rank among the world’s top 100 universities. Some of the most influential celebrities and politicians studied in London. Considered one of the most important global cities, London has placed itself in a great position for both education and professional opportunities. Students around the world aspire to study in London to receive the best growth opportunities. We have included everything you need to know about studying in London for Indian students.
This Blog Includes:
- Reasons to Study in London
- Popular Intakes to Study in London
- Popular Fields to Study in London Universities
- Popular Courses in London
- Top Universities to Study in London
- Top Universities in London for Masters
- Best MBA Universities in London
- MBA in London Without GMAT Universities
- Cheapest Universities in London
- Admission Process for Universities in London
- Step-wise Guide on How to Apply to Universities in London?
- Top Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in London
- Cost of Studying in London
- Student Life in London
- Student Testimonials
- Hear from the Experts!
Reasons to Study in London
- London houses more than 40 educational institutions with more than 111,000 international students coming to study from around the world.
- QS World Ranking 2022 places London as the best city for international students for the third time in a row.
- Some of the most prestigious institutes in the city include Imperial College London, University College London, King’s College, London, and so on.
- London universities offer more than 30,000 courses from accounting to business administration
- Universities in London have a combined research income of over £500 million that bringing some of the most renowned faculties from the world
- More than 70 Nobel laureates have worked and studied in the city of London
- The city houses more than 120 public libraries, more than 1,000 museums and galleries
Did you know? Over 300 languages are spoken in London!
Popular Intakes to Study in London
To be considered for admission, international applicants must submit their applications 90 days before the deadline.
|Intake||Starting Months||Application Deadlines|
|Fall/ Primary Intake||September||June- July|
|Winter/ Secondary Intake||January/February||August-September|
|Summer/ Least Common Intake||April/May||October-January|
Popular Fields to Study in London Universities
Universities in London offer a plethora of courses for students to choose from. The faculty for these courses are known to provide an exceptional learning experience.
|Commerce||BusinessEconomicsManagementLawAccountancy Entrepreneurship Innovation International Business|
|Arts & Humanities||Anthropology and ArchaeologySociologyPsychologyEnglish Literature Music PhilosophyMass Communication Hospitality and Tourism|
|Science (Non-Medical)||Automotive EngineeringCivil EngineeringMathematicsElectrical EngineeringMechanical EngineeringComputer ScienceIndustrial EngineeringChemistry|
|Science (Medical)||BiologyMedicineBiotechnologyMolecular SciencesAnimal Sciences Horticulture Earth Sciences|
Popular Courses in London
Here are some of the most popular courses to study in London for Indian students:
- MA Economics
- Law (LLM)
- MSc/MA Finance
- MA/MSc Accounting
- Master of Architecture
- MSc/MEng Computer Science
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- MA International Relations
- Master of Arts in Public Policy
- MA South Asian Studies
Top Universities to Study in London
The top institutions in London to consider with their relative acceptance rates are listed below.
|Queen Mary University of London||43.60%|
|Coventry University, London Campus||39%|
|University of West London||4%|
|St. Mary’s University, Twickenham||78.60%|
|Anglia Ruskin University (London)||–|
|University of East London||60%|
|London South Bank University||17%|
|Royal Holloway University of London||16.98%|
|City University of London||–|
|University College London||63%|
|London Metropolitan University||84%|
|University of Roehampton||–|
|University of Huddersfield, London Campus||20%|
|Birkbeck, University of London||76%|
|Loughborough Univerisity of London||65%|
|Regent’s University London||84%|
Top Universities in London for Masters
Want to pursue a master’s in London? Then here are some of the best universities located in the global city of the UK:
- University of London
- University of Westminister, London
- Brunel University
- Queen Mary University of London
- Coventry University, London Campus
- Middlesex University
- Greenwich University
- University of West London
- Imperial College of London
- Kings College London
- City, University of London
- London Metropolitan University
Best MBA Universities in London
Want to pursue MBA in London? Then here are some of the best business schools located in the global city of the UK:
- London Business School
- Imperial College Business School
- Bayes Business School
- Kings Business School
- Westminster Business School
- Kingston Business School, London
- Brunel Business School
- ESCP Business School, London Campus
- Business School, Middlesex University London
MBA in London Without GMAT Universities
A list of business schools in the London Metro area that do not require the GMAT or GRE is provided below.
- Ashridge Business School
- Henley Business School University of Reading
- Sloan School of Management Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Saïd Business School University of Oxford
Cheapest Universities in London
Numerous universities in London offer international students lower tuition fees. Some of London’s cheapest institutions are listed below:
|Ravensbourne University London||15,900 (16,02,603 INR)|
|University of London||13,942 (14,05,251 INR)|
|Coventry University London||12,924 (13,02,644 INR)|
|London Metropolitan University (LMU)||12,700 (12,80,067 INR)|
|University of West London (UWL)||12,500 (12,59,908 INR)|
|Staffordshire University||15,500 (15,62,286 INR)|
|Leeds Beckett University||14,000 (14,11,097 INR)|
|Teesside University||14,500 (14,61,494 INR)|
Admission Process for Universities in London
If the idea of studying in London excites you, then you must understand the study requirements and the admission process to get into the top universities of the city. While the admission process and fees differ for each university, some common requirements can help make your study in London journey easier.
- Minimum 75 per cent in XII standard in an undergraduate program; upper second class degree with 7.0/10.0 CGPA (70 percent) or lower second class degree with 6.5/10.0 CGPA (65 per cent).
- A bachelor’s degree with 60% in related courses is required for postgraduate study.
- A minimum of three years of management work experience is required for MBA study.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- UK student Visa
- Updated CV/Resume
- Portfolio (if asked or required)
- Scorecard of English proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced. (Some universities exempt students from this if they meet the set criteria
- GMAT/GRE for Master’s programs
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
Step-wise Guide on How to Apply to Universities in London?
To study in London for Indian students, the first step is to select the best universities and choose your preferred courses. International students applying to London universities must follow a well-researched guide before starting their application process:
Step-1: Shortlist Courses and Universities
The primary step in the application process is to shortlist courses and universities according to your academic profile and preference. Students can shortlist courses and universities through AI-Course Finder and generate a list of universities where they are most likely to get through and plan their application process.
Step-2: Know Your Deadlines
The next step is to know the exact deadlines of universities and colleges in London you are planning to apply to. International students have to take the application process well in advance (one year to 6 months before the actual deadline). This ensures that students can fulfil all the college requirements such as SOP, letters of recommendation, English proficiency tests, funding/scholarship options, and accommodation. You save your research time and call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to get all the information you need on how to apply to UK universities.
Step-3: Take Entrance Tests
The third step in the application process for London universities requires students to take tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or GRE/GMAT/LNAT/BMAT/MAT (in some courses). In some universities, students can be given submit scores for SAT or ACT exams. A new addition to English proficiency tests is the Duolingo Test which allows students to appear for the exam from the comfort of their homes and is accepted across the world.
Step-4: Compile Your Documents
The next step is to compile all the required documents and test scores for the application process. This means students should start writing their SOPs, getting letters of recommendation from teachers and supervisors, and arranging their financial statements along with other documents like tests scorecards. With the COVID-19 pandemic, students must download their vaccine certificates and specify the administered vaccine for the application.
Step-5: Get Started with Your Application
Once you have all the documents in place, students can start the application process either directly with our experts or through UCAS. Students applying to London universities that accept direct applications can start by applying through the official university website. They have to select the courses, pay the application fees and start the online application process.
Did you know? London has an official smallest statue
Top Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in London
If you plan well in advance, you can apply to an extensive range of scholarships offered by the London Universities.
- British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarships
- A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship
- Felix Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships (CWIT)
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Scotland Saltire Scholarship
Did you know? London was home to many famous faces.
Cost of Studying in London
Studying abroad means calculating the expenses which will be incurred. London for Indian students is a little on the expensive side but the quality of education is outstanding, so it is worth spending the money. The cost of studying in London must be kept in mind while deciding to study here.
|Tuition Fees||£22,000 (INR 19,14,700) per annum|
|Average Rent||£213 (INR 18,530) per week|
|Food||£30 (INR 2600) per week|
|Course Materials||£208 (INR 18100) per semester|
|Clothes, Health, and Others||£40 (INR 3480) per week|
Student Life in London
Crowned as the world’s most student-friendly city, London is an excellent destination to study and enjoy your college years. The city is steeped in history, literature, and vibrant college life that allows students to experience a historically rich and modern lifestyle. London has some of the most iconic museums, Big Ben, an underground tube, and a myriad of exciting places to visit. The city is a melting pot of culture and diversity which means you can get both Indian cuisines as well as the British famous shepherd’s pie easily! London universities offer students on-campus accommodation which comes with its own set of events, societies, and clubs. London can be an expensive city but there are many restaurants, pubs, clubs, book stores as well as grocery stores that give student discounts.
Hear from the Experts!
We sat down with University representatives of the Queen Mary University of London and Kings College London in an exclusive Ask Us Anything session and found how to get admission to UK’s top university!
#AskUsAnything with QMUL!
#AskUsAnything with Kings College London
Do you wish to study in London as an Indian student? Do not let go of the awesome opportunities that come with the city and apply today! Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu. We will help you through the entire process from admission to Visa. Book your FREE Counselling session now or simply call us at 1800 57 2000.