The Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship was established by the financial community of Singapore. The scholarship was set up to honour Dr Goh Keng Swee, former Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore. Dr Swee played a pivotal role in the economic development of the country. He also helped Singapore become a strong financial centre during his regime as the Deputy Prime Minister. The scholarship is a private sector scholarship offered to students aspiring to take admission to undergraduate courses at 4 universities in Singapore. Every year, 3-4 students from 15 Asia-Pacific countries are awarded this scholarship. The scholarship is orchestrated by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
This Blog Includes:
|Name||Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship|
|Provided by||The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS)|
|Applicable Universities||Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
National University of Singapore (NUS)
Singapore Management University (SMU)
Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
|Applicable Courses||Undergraduate Programmes|
Hong Kong SAR
|Bond Period||3 years after Completion of the Course|
This Blog Includes:
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Eligibility
The ABS allows citizens and passport holders of certain Asian countries to avail of the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship. The administering authority also requires the applicants to adhere to take some tests to apply for the scholarship.
- The ABS allows citizens and passport holders of Vietnam, Laos, Brunei, the Philippines, Cambodia, Malaysia, Korea, Thailand, Myanmar, Japan, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Hong Kong SAR, and India to apply for the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship.
- Singapore citizens and permanent residents (PRs) cannot apply for the scholarship.
Students who have applied for admission to Singapore Management University (SMU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), or Nanyang Technological University (NTU) are eligible for the scholarship.
- Students must ensure that they cleared the required entrance tests of the aforementioned universities and meet the admission guidelines and deadlines of the same.
- Applicants must have taken Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or have registered for the SAT.
- Students must display strong leadership qualities.
- Applicants must have displayed exemplary performance in academics and co-curricular activities.
Validity and Awards
The scholarship can support students for up to 4 years of an undergraduate program. The scholarship includes the following:
- Tuition fees and other mandatory fees.
- Airfare- From home country to Singapore and return ticket after completion of the study.
- Annual maintenance allowance- INR 3,99,691
- Hostel allowance.
- Settling-in allowance (one-time expense)- INR 12,300
Note: The scholarship awards are reviewed every academic year and are subject to satisfactory academic results and performance.
The application process for this scholarship started on 15th November 2022 and will conclude on 15th March 2023.
- Eligible students can apply at www.pscgateway.gov.sg/app/gks/account/uidsignin.
- Shortlisted applicants will have to take an online personal profiling test in April 2023.
- Selected students will be required to appear for the final interview to be scheduled in May-end or June 2023. The final dates will be announced after the announcement of the list of selected applicants.
Terms and Conditions
The ABS has a provision for a bond under the Scholarship. This condition is only applicable after the applicant has applied for and secured the scholarship successfully.
- After completion of their courses/programmes/studies in the applicable universities, successful applicants must procure employment for a period of 3 years in an approved enterprise in Singapore or an approved Singapore-based enterprise in their own country.
- Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Fund decides the deployment of scholarship holders for the completion of their bonds.
- Successful applicants cannot adjourn their bond for postgraduate studies or any other reason.
Any citizen or passport holder of India, China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Laos, Vietnam, Hong Kong SAR, the Philippines, Myanmar, Malaysia, Cambodia, Brunei, and Indonesia who has applied or is going to apply for undergraduate courses in National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, Nanyang Technological University, and Singapore University of Technology and Design can apply for the scholarship.
No. the scholarship is only applicable to undergraduate programmes of the 4 universities of Singapore.
The final list of awardees is expected to be out by June/July 2023.
If you have already applied to undergraduate programmes of SUTD, SMU, NTU and NUS or are planning to apply, then you can apply for Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship, a private scholarship designed for students of 15 Asia-Pacific nations. If you are planning to go on an academic voyage abroad, Leverage Edu is here to provide all the help you need. For assistance and a 30-minute free counselling session connect us at 1800 572 000.