An academic degree is just a mere piece of paper if the student has not earned it from a reputed institution. Moreover, studying any degree program, all of us aspire to gain as much as extensive knowledge and exposure into our field of study. Known as the most popular master’s program in Management, MBA is frequently chosen by business graduates and working professionals wanting to delve deeper into a specialised area and benefit from the plentiful career opportunities it offers. With its renowned business schools and international exposure, Canada is emerging as a preferred study destination for MBA programs. The academic institutions in the country provide flexible courses that you can pursue either full-time and part-time and you can also apply for the several scholarships offered by Canadian universities for international students to combat financial constraints. Through this blog, we are bringing you a comprehensive list of top MBA colleges in Canada that provide quality courses in a wide range of business specialisations as well as the criteria you need to fulfil in order to get admission in these institutions.
This Blog Includes:
Top MBA Colleges in Canada: Major Choices
Canada is home to over 90 universities spread across the country and almost half of these higher learning institutions offer a multitude of MBA programs spread across different specialisations. Below we have brought you some of the top MBA colleges in Canada as well as the key details of the Master of Business Administration course they offer.
Schulich School Business, York University
Affiliated under the York University, the Schulich Business School has been ranked at the 1st position in Canada for its MBA program by The Economist in the Global MBA Ranking 2019. The school offers a diverse range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programs in Business and Management along with an exclusive range of specialized short-term and part-time courses. As one of the top MBA colleges in Canada, the school has maintained a simpler set of eligibility criteria that a student needs to qualify in order to apply for a Master in Business Administration.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates have to qualify GMAT or GRE to secure admission in the course.
- Mandatory work experience of 2 years (full-time).
- Proof of English language proficiency tests such as IELTS, TOEFL.
- A minimum score of IELTS- 0.7, TOEFL- 100 iBT
Academic Cost: Approximately 14,10,000 INR
Also Read: 1 Year MBA in Canada
Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
Ivey Business School is recognized for its academic excellence and outstanding outgrowth globally and has been continuously recognised as one of the top MBA colleges in Canada. The University of Ontario offers a vast set of courses with their curriculum designed by renowned academicians and industry leaders. Ivey Business School offers more than 18 MBA specializations and has been ranked number 1 by the Forbes and CNN Expansion.
- Students have to take either GMAT or GRE as entry-level exams.
- Documents from all previous post-secondary institutions need to be submitted.
- 2 years of full-time work experience is compulsory.
- Submission of online application and qualifying score in IELTS or TOEFL.
Academic Cost: Approximately 60,55,000 INR
Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Established in 1902, the Rotman School of Management is a part of the University of Toronto and offers a plethora of bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees including MBA Executive programs to students from around the world. Located in the heart of Canada’s multicultural commercial capital, the Rotman School of Management is rapidly emerging as one of the top MBA colleges in Canada for its diverse MBA courses and the excellent industry exposure they incorporate through copious training and internship programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a renowned university with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Students have to compulsorily take either GMAT or GRE exam.
- A minimum of two years of full-time work experience.
- Candidates have to clear the English language proficiency exam like IELTS, TOEFL.
- 7.0 is the minimum score for IELTS whereas 100 iBT is for TOEFL.
Academic Cost: Approximately 70,00,000 INR
Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
Sauder School of Business is located in the Vancouver city of Canada and is a part of the well-known University of British Columbia. The school has been ranked 1st for its Business and Economics courses in Canada, 3rd in the world for creating safe and sustainable cities and hence features at a prominent position in our list of top MBA colleges in Canada. The MBA program offered by the Sauder School of Business is a 16-month, full-time course that aims to impart students with a varied set of advanced business skills and student can choose from a total of four specialisations namely Finance, Technology and Analytics Leadership, Product and Service Management and Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
1. The candidate must have completed a 3-4 year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution. But the candidates have to make sure that the three-year graduate degree must be from US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Europe. For further clarifications click here.
2. Candidates have to take GMAT or GRE to get admission under the MBA program. The minimum score for GMAT is 550 and GRE is 310.
3. Candidates should have the following qualifying scores in one of the English language proficiency exams like:
- IELTS: Minimum score: 7.0 overall band
- TOEFL: Minimum score- 100, Print- 600, Computer- 250
- PTE: Minimum Score- 70
4. Students should have a minimum of 3-5 years of full-time work experience.
Note: Candidates who have already acquired an MBA degree are not eligible to apply under this program at this university.
Academic Cost: Approximately 32,53,000 INR
Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University
Founded under McGill University, the Desautels Faculty of Management was established in the year 1906 and is situated in the heart of Downtown Montreal. Featuring amongst our list of top MBA colleges in Canada, McGill University was ranked amongst the world’s top international business schools by The Economist, Forbes and Canadian Business. The Desautels Faculty of Management offers different MBA programs including, integrated, part-time, 1-year MBA, law MBA as well as an innovative MBA Japan.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- Students have to clear either GMAT or GRE to get admission in this course
- Students are required to compulsorily clear an English language proficiency exam like TOEFL or IELTS.
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience.
Academic Cost: Approximately 24,13,000 INR
Top MBA Colleges in Canada: Other Options
Apart from these above-listed top MBA Colleges in Canada, you can also check out the following popular business schools in Canada:
- Smith School of Business, Queen’s University
- John Molson School of Business, Concordia University
- Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- HEC Montreal
- Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
- The Bediee School of Business, Simon Fraser University
Thus, we hope that this blog helped you gain clarity regarding the top MBA colleges in Canada. If you are planning to pursue MBA in any of the above-mentioned business schools in Canada, then our experts at Leverage Edu are just a call away to help you pick the right one that fits your interests and career aspirations. Call us at +91-8826200293 or book a free 30 mins expert advice session and get all your queries answered!