Canada has always been the most sought-after study abroad destination amongst students for decades. Every Indian student deciding to pursue an MBA degree in Canada has access to a wide range of options because it is one of the most well-known and inclusive degrees. Home to top-ranked universities and student-friendly cities, the country welcomes students from all around the world. Canada is known for offering low-cost without compromising on education MBA programs. Let’s explore some of the popular MBA programs in Canada:
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBA Programs in Canada?
When it comes to studying abroad, Canada is a top choice for students. From affordable fees to quality education, studying popular MBA programs in Canada has endless opportunities.
- Affordable Fees and Cost of Living: As compared to MBA courses offered in the USA, and the UK, the cost of living and studying in Canada is cheaper. Alberta and British Columbia are the prime affordable places in Canada with top-ranked universities.
- Work Opportunities: Canada has numerous job opportunities in the fields of Business, Management, Accounting, etc. With excellent academic background and skills, you will land a high-paying job in Canada easily.
- Quality Education: Canadian education system is considered one of the best in the world. The latest technologies, best-in-class faculties, and research centers are some of the reasons, Canadian universities are popular among students.
Also Read: How to Defer Admission in Canada
Popular MBA Programs in Canada
Confused about which popular MBA program in Canada is right for you? Try our AI Course Finder. Feed in your preferences, let the AI match them against millions of data points & voila! you get what you are looking for, saving you hours of research.
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in International Management
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Information Technology
- MBA in Finance and Economics
Every university has different eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by all applicants. Here are some of the basic eligibility criteria for popular MBA programs in Canada:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50%
- Work experience is not mandatory but universities prefer applicants with prior work experience
- IELTS, PTE, TOFEL scores
- GMAT is mandatory in some of the universities offering MBA in Canada
Also Read: January vs. May Intake in Canada
Top 10 Universities offering Popular MBA Programs in Canada
Here’s the list of popular college/universities in Canada for MBA program:
|Name of the College/University||Name of Business School|
|Unversity of Brtish Columbia||Sauder School of Business|
|Concordia University||John Molson School of Business|
|Ryerson University||Ted Rogers School of Management|
|University of Alberta||Alberta School of Business|
|Brock University||Goodman School of Business|
|University of Calgary||Haskayne School of Business|
|University of Western Ontario||Richard Ivey School of Business|
|Carleton University||Sprott School of Business|
|University of New Brunswick||Saint John Campus|
|University of Ottawa||Telfer School of Management|
MBA in Canada without GMAT
Cost of Study & Living
The Canadian institutions, especially the B-Schools, are well-known for their high international rankings as well as first research infrastructure. Six of the top 100 MBA institutions worldwide are situated in Canada, according to the QS rankings for MBA programmes published in 2023.
Canada is advantageous to Indian students not just in terms of quality but also in terms of the investments required. The combination of Canadian tuition costs and the cost of living makes it more reasonable when compared to well-known locations like the U.S., U.K., or even Australia. Depending on the university and speciality you select, studying in Canada can cost anywhere between 30,000 and 90,000 CAD (INR 18.24 Lakh – INR 54.72 Lakh) .
Calculate the Cost of Living in Canada
The application process remains the same for all intakes in Canada. Here is the step-by-step application process for popular MBA programs in Canada:
- Visit the official website of the university you are interested in.
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements.
- Click on the application form of the respective university.
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification.
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking.
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
- Transcripts of your previous courses
- IELTS/TOFEL/PTE Scores
- Photocopy of your passport
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Also Read: Best Cities in Canada
There are various scholarships available for international students planning to study in Canada. Here are some of the popular scholarships for popular MBA programs in Canada:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. Candidates
- Hani Zeini Scholarship
- Haskayne School of Business MBA in Canada Scholarships
- Ivey MBA Scholarships in Canada
- Alberta MBA Scholarships
- Sauder School of Business Scholarship
- Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships
Job Profiles & Salary
Depending upon your specialization in MBA, there is an array of job opportunities for you in Canada. Here are some of the popular job profiles along with their salary structure:
|Job Profiles||Salary per annum in CAD/INR|
|Project Manager||CAD 63,000/ INR 38.30 Lakh|
|Marketing Manager||CAD 51000/ INR 31.01 Lakh|
|Management Consultant||CAD 62000/ INR 37.70 Lakh|
|Financial Controller||CAD 67000/INR 40.74 Lakh|
|Financial Analyst||CAD 47000/ INR 28.57 Lakh|
MBA is quite affordable in Canada when compared to other countries like USA or Australia.
Yes. Some of the largest global companies are based in Canada. Also, Canada has a robust economic foundation. One can get a stellar job in Canada after earning their MBA with the necessary abilities and networking skills.
7 Bands are required in IELTS for studying an MBA in Canada. However, the english proficiency test scores requirement varies from university to university. It is always advisable to check the university secific eligibility requirements.
Are you planning to pursue one of the popular MBA programs in Canada? Contact our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minute counselling session today!