Are you intrigued by the colossal career opportunities that an MBA degree has on offer? Would you like to pursue a professional career in the areas of marketing, management, business or entrepreneurship? Do you possess sufficient work experience and expertise, but don’t want to prepare for GMAT? If you answered with a yes to all these questions, then you are certainly at the right place. MBA is a choicest program among students who plan to venture abroad for higher education. With Germany offering quality management programs covering different business specializations, it has become a popular choice for many students who wish to obtain an MBA degree. In this blog, we will look at the various educational institutions that offer an MBA degree in Germany without the requirement of GMAT. We will also be examining other qualifying requirements that you may need to complete for pursuing MBA in Germany without GMAT.
This Blog Includes:
Is GMAT compulsory for MBA in Germany?
An MBA degree is a recognised and valuable degree in Germany. It is available as a full-time, part-time, and in an online mode for the interested students. A full-time MBA is a 1 to 1.5-year program whereas Executive MBA takes 2 years to complete. Coming on the question of whether GMAT is required for MBA in Germany then yes, it is an important eligibility criterion for many universities in Germany. However, there are certain universities in Germany which do give admission to students in their MBA course without GMAT. We have gathered the names and details of top universities that will offer and allow you to pursue an MBA in Germany without GMAT.
MBA Colleges in Germany without GMAT
Here is a list of top universities in Germany that accept MBA students without GMAT:
- Technical University of Munich
- Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
- Reutlingen University
- Witten/Herdecke University
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School Of Management, Leipzig University
- University Of Kiel
- University Of Tubingen
- University Of Stuttgart
- Ludwig Maximilian University Munich
- Berlin School of Economics and Law
- Cologne Business School (CBS)
- Dresden International University
- Accadis Hochschule Bad Homburg
MBA in Germany without GMAT with Details
There are a few MBA colleges in Germany that offer MBA programs without GMAT and conduct their admission process focusing on other alternatives such as GRE scores, work experience, academic records, etc. Here are the MBA colleges in Germany without GMAT:
|Universities/ Colleges in Germany||MBA in Germany without GMAT||Duration|
|Technical University of Munich||Executive MBA in Innovation and Business Creation||2 years|
|Offenburg University of Applied Sciences||MBA International Business Consulting||15 months|
|Reutlingen University||MBA in International Management||1 year|
|Witten/Herdecke University||MA in Management||1-2 years|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School Of Management, Leipzig University||Master of Science in Business Administration (MSBA)||2 years|
|University Of Kiel||Masters in Business Administration||2 years|
|University Of Tubingen||Masters of Science in International Business (MSIB)||2 years|
|University Of Stuttgart||Masters of Science in Business Administration||1.5 years to 2 years|
|Ludwig Maximilian University Munich||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Masters of Business Research (MBR)
|2 years (Both)|
|Berlin School of Economics and Law||Full-Time MBA||1 to 1.5 years|
|Cologne Business School (CBS)||MBA in International Management||4 semesters (Full Time)|
|Dresden International University||Master of Business Administration in Logistics Management||3 semesters|
|Accadis Hochschule Bad Homburg||Management and Leadership MBA
M.A. International Management
Ranking of Top Universities that Accept Admission with GMAT
|Technical University of Munich||50|
|University Of Tubingen||78|
|University Of Stuttgart||352|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School Of Management,||483|
|University Of Kiel||274|
Since the above-mentioned colleges do not need you to have a GMAT score to pursue an MBA from their campus, they tend to focus on certain other things which help them gauge and decide a students application form to grant them admission. Let’s understand the admission requirements for pursuing MBA in Germany without GMAT:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised institute
- A GPA of 3.0 or above in the bachelor’s degree
- Work experience of minimum 2 to 3 years
- English language proficiency test like IELTS/ TOEFL
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Video/written essay
If you do not want to go through the tedious process of studying and then writing the GMAT exam and have been looking for options to pursue an MBA in Germany without GMAT, then focus on the above-mentioned details and we are sure you will sail through!
MBA without GMAT in Germany for Free
MBA without GMAT is exciting in itself, now think how amazing it would be to get to study for FREE in Germany! Now, let’s check out the universities in Germany where you can study for free.
- University of Stuttgart
- University of Tubingen
- Ludwig Maximilian University Munich
- University of Kiel
However, it is important to note that these universities do not charge tuition fees but you will have to pay for your living expenses in Germany. Here are the common expenses that students have in Germany:
|Type of Expense||Cost of Expense|
|Food||168 Euros (14,021 INR)|
|Clothes||42 Euros (3,509 INR)|
|Transport||94 Euros (7,851 INR)|
|Telephone & Internet||31 Euros (2,589 INR)|
|Study Materials||20 Euros (1,667 INR)|
|Others||60 Euros (5,012 INR)|
Advantages of MBA in Germany
It is amongst the major countries with the best education systems having a standard grading system and implementing a unique mix of practical and theoretical understanding. Let’s take a look at some of the significant reasons why you should study in Germany and opt for an MBA in Germany:
- Top Global MBA Schools: Around 5 business schools in Germany have featured amongst the top 100 MBA schools by QS Rankings 2021. Moreover, the country provides EU-accredited MBA degrees along with an exceptional curriculum and intensive industry experience for budding business professionals.
- Affordable Cost of Studying: Addressing one of the major concerns of the decision to study abroad, higher education in Germany is provided mainly at no costs or at affordable tuition fees. Studying your MBA in Germany, the financial restraints can be less of a concern as the public universities in the country. Further, affordable accommodation and living costs are other advantages of pursuing your master’s degree here.
- Scholarships: Every year the German Government releases various scholarships for international students. These financial-aid schemes are generally offered to meritorious students as well as those with unprivileged backgrounds. Some of the famous scholarships for which students can opt for MBA in Germany include DAAD Scholarships, The Deutschland Stipendium, Erasmus+ etc.
- Exceptional Curriculum: The MBA courses offered at German universities do not monotonously focus on conceptual studies but are designed with interesting parameters that aim to equip them with the industry knowledge of the field of study they are aspiring to specialise in. The institutions also encourage students to take part in research projects and apprenticeships to provide them with a balanced curriculum.
MBA in Germany is free only in public universities. However, even these universities have tuition fees for free and all the other expenses are required to be paid by the student.
Several universities in Germany do not require GMAT result for their MBA admissions. However, you need to have an impressive academic record and work experience.
If you wish to study MBA in Germany for free, you need to apply to the public universities that have free tuition fees. However, even in these universities, you must pay other expenses. Here are some of the MBA colleges where you can apply for free:
-Goethe University Frankfurt
-Ruhr University Bochum
-Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU)
-University of Duisburg-Essen
-University of Cologne
-University of Münster
-RWTH Aachen University
Germany is famous for some of the best post university work experience for students. MBA in Germany is much cheaper than it is in other countries so it is definitely worth it as you get great results without much expenses.
We hope that this blog has provided you with adequate information on pursuing an MBA in Germany without GMAT. If you are still confused about which course and university you should opt for, then reach out our Leverage Edu experts and they’ll assist you throughout the process of finding a suitable program and college that aligns with your interests and career aspirations and equips you with the right knowledge and exposure into the field of Management. Book your free session with us today.