Are you intrigued by the colossal career opportunities that an MBA degree has on offer? Would you like to pursue a professional career in the areas of marketing, management, business, or entrepreneurship? Do you possess sufficient work experience and expertise, but don’t want to prepare for GMAT? If you answered with a yes to all these questions, then you are certainly at the right place. MBA is the choicest program among students who plan to venture abroad for higher education. With Germany offering quality management programs covering different business specializations, it has become a popular choice for many students who wish to obtain an MBA degree. In this blog, we will look at the various educational institutions that offer an MBA degree in Germany without the requirement of GMAT. We will also be examining other qualifying requirements that you may need to complete for pursuing MBA in Germany without GMAT.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBA in Germany?
It is amongst the major countries with the best education systems having a standard grading system and implementing a unique mix of practical and theoretical understanding. Let’s take a look at some of the significant reasons why you should study in Germany and opt for an MBA in Germany:
- Top Global MBA Schools: Around 5 business schools in Germany have featured among the top 100 MBA schools by QS Rankings 2021. Moreover, the country provides EU-accredited MBA degrees along with an exceptional curriculum and intensive industry experience for budding business professionals.
- Affordable Cost of Studying: Addressing one of the major concerns of the decision to study abroad, higher education in Germany is provided mainly at no cost or at affordable tuition fees. Studying your MBA in Germany, the financial restraints can be less of a concern than the public universities in the country. Further, affordable accommodation and living costs are other advantages of pursuing your master’s degree here.
- Scholarships: Every year the German Government releases various scholarships for international students. These financial-aid schemes are generally offered to meritorious students as well as those with unprivileged backgrounds. Some of the famous scholarships for which students can opt for an MBA in Germany include DAAD Scholarships, The Deutschland Stipendium, Erasmus+, etc.
- Exceptional Curriculum: The MBA courses offered at German universities do not monotonously focus on conceptual studies but are designed with interesting parameters that aim to equip them with the industry knowledge of the field of study they are aspiring to specialize in. The institutions also encourage students to take part in research projects and apprenticeships to provide them with a balanced curriculum.
Is GMAT Compulsory for MBA in Germany?
An MBA degree is a recognized and valuable degree in Germany. It is available as a full-time, part-time, and online mode for interested students. A full-time MBA is a 1 to 1.5-year program whereas Executive MBA takes 2 years to complete. Coming to the question of whether the GMAT is required for an MBA in Germany then yes, it is an important eligibility criterion for many universities in Germany. However, there are certain universities in Germany that do give admission to students in their MBA courses without GMAT. We have gathered the names and details of top universities that will offer and allow you to pursue an MBA in Germany without a GMAT.
MBA Colleges in Germany Without GMAT
Here is a list of top universities in Germany that accept MBA students without GMAT:
- Technical University of Munich
- Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
- Reutlingen University
- Witten/Herdecke University
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School Of Management, Leipzig University
- University Of Kiel
- University Of Tubingen
- University Of Stuttgart
- Ludwig Maximilian University Munich
- Berlin School of Economics and Law
- Cologne Business School (CBS)
- Dresden International University
- Accadis Hochschule Bad Homburg
|Universities/ Colleges in Germany||MBA in Germany without GMAT||Duration|
|Technical University of Munich||Executive MBA in Innovation and Business Creation||2 years|
|Offenburg University of Applied Sciences||MBA International Business Consulting||15 months|
|Reutlingen University||MBA in International Management||1 year|
|Witten/Herdecke University||MA in Management||1-2 years|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School Of Management, Leipzig University||Master of Science in Business Administration (MSBA)||2 years|
|University Of Kiel||Masters in Business Administration||2 years|
|University Of Tubingen||Masters of Science in International Business (MSIB)||2 years|
|University Of Stuttgart||Masters of Science in Business Administration||1.5 years to 2 years|
|Ludwig Maximilian University Munich||Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Masters of Business Research (MBR)
|2 years (Both)|
|Berlin School of Economics and Law||Full-Time MBA||1 to 1.5 years|
|Cologne Business School (CBS)||MBA in International Management||4 semesters (Full Time)|
|Dresden International University||Master of Business Administration in Logistics Management||3 semesters|
|Accadis Hochschule Bad Homburg||Management and Leadership MBA
M.A. International Management
Part-Time MBA in Germany Without GMAT
International students can also pursue part-time MBA programs in Germany. Here are some of the best part-time MBAs available in Germany:
- Part-Time MBA in Renewables from Beuth University of Applied Sciences
- Part-Time MBA in Entrepreneurship at the Berlin School of Law and Economics
Since the above-mentioned colleges do not need you to have a GMAT score to pursue an MBA from their campus, they tend to focus on certain other things which help them gauge and decide on a student’s application form to grant them admission. Let’s understand the admission requirements for pursuing MBA in Germany without GMAT:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute
- A GPA of 3.0 or above in the bachelor’s degree
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 to 3 years
- English language proficiency tests like IELTS/ TOEFL
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Video/written essay
If you do not want to go through the tedious process of studying and then writing the GMAT exam and have been looking for options to pursue an MBA in Germany without GMAT, then focus on the above-mentioned details and we are sure you will sail through!
MBA Without GMAT in Germany for Free
MBA without GMAT is exciting in itself, now think how amazing it would be to get to study for FREE in Germany! Now, let’s check out the universities in Germany where you can study for free.
- University of Stuttgart
- University of Tubingen
- Ludwig Maximilian University Munich
- University of Kiel
However, it is important to note that these universities do not charge tuition fees but you will have to pay for your living expenses in Germany. Here are the common expenses that students have in Germany:
|Type of Expense||Cost of Expense|
|Food||168 Euros (INR 14K)|
|Clothes||42 Euros (INR 3.5 K)|
|Transport||94 Euros (INR 7.8 K)|
|Telephone & Internet||31 Euros (INR 2,585)|
|Study Materials||20 Euros (INR 1,668)|
|Others||60 Euros (INR 5,004)|
MBA in Germany is free only in public universities. However, even these universities have tuition fees for free and all the other expenses are required to be paid by the student.
Several universities in Germany do not require GMAT results for their MBA admissions. However, you need to have an impressive academic record and work experience.
If you wish to study MBA in Germany for free, you need to apply to public universities that have free tuition fees. However, even in these universities, you must pay other expenses. Here are some of the MBA colleges where you can apply for free:
-Goethe University Frankfurt
-Ruhr University Bochum
-Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU)
-University of Duisburg-Essen
–University of Cologne
–University of Münster
-RWTH Aachen University
Germany is famous for some of the best post-university work experiences for students. MBA in Germany is much cheaper than it is in other countries so it is definitely worth it as you get great results without many expenses.
We hope that this blog has provided you with adequate information on pursuing an MBA in Germany without GMAT. If you are still confused about which course and university you should opt for, then reach out to our Leverage Edu experts and they’ll assist you throughout the process of finding a suitable program and college that aligns with your interests and career aspirations and equips you with the right knowledge and exposure into the field of Management. Book your free session with us today. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.