Master in Business Administration program is among the most popular course in India and abroad. Australia is home to some of the top-ranked universities offering an MBA. MBA is provided by the Melbourne Business School of the University of Melbourne, a 19th-century public research university founded by Hugh Culling Eardley Childers in 1853. It is located in Melbourne i.e., the cultural capital city of Australia. Melbourne Business School is best known for its MBA programs (Executive and Non-Executive), Marketing and Business Analytics, and short-term courses for professionals. Melbourne Business School courses are ranked among the best globally by the Financial Times 2022 and The Economist 2021.
|Course Full Name||Master in Business Administration|
|Course Fee Structure||INR 45-50 lacs|
|Exam Required||GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS|
|Course Category||Full Time, Part-time, Online|
|International Students Ratio||40-50%|
This Blog Includes:
- About MBA at the University of Melbourne
- Popular MBA at University of Melbourne
- Why Study MBA at the University of Melbourne?
- University of Melbourne MBA Rankings
- University of Melbourne MBA Fees
- Admission Process of the University of Melbourne
- Cost of Living in Melbourne
- Placement Opportunity
About MBA at the University of Melbourne
Melbourne Business School which is jointly owned by the business community and the University of Melbourne is known for the best MBA degree as well as short courses for a professional and custom solutions for organizations. Melbourne Business School provides a variety of programs:
|Degree Programs||Short Courses||For Organization|
|Full-time MBA||Management Programs||Custom Solution|
|Part-time MBA||Leadership Programs||Training and Coaching|
|Master of Business Analytics||Change Program|
|Executive MBA||Strategy Program|
|Senior Executive MBA|
Also read: Types of MBA
Popular MBA at University of Melbourne
This course can be tailored to match the need of the student. Generally, its duration is 24 months but students can study for more than 24 months to receive the full MBA experience by taking advantage of exchange and internship opportunities. Students will complete twelve core and six elective subjects as a part of this program.
It is designed for those aspiring business leaders who want to make a difference without putting their life and work on hold. Its duration is 24 months. Students will complete twelve core and six elective subjects as a part of this program.
This degree course is designed for aspiring data professionals with a focus on personal skills as well as technical expertise. The duration of this program is 12 months. This program contains five subject modules.
MBS executive MBA is designed for ambitious and motivated professionals with years of professional experience in management. It is designed in a format that suits their needs. The executive MBA program covers a total of 18 modules conducted into four-day modules spread over 18 months. Professionals live and study at Melbourne Business School from Thursday to Sunday (away from the activity of work and home).
Senior Executive MBA
Melbourne Business School designed its Senior Executive MBA program for CEOs and other top leaders. This program consists of 10 nine-day modules, including seven, based at MBS and rests three overseas. During the module at the MBS campus, Senior Executives will stay on campus from Saturday to the following Sunday.
Why Study MBA at the University of Melbourne?
- The city of Melbourne itself is regarded as one of the most student-friendly cities in the world.
- Melbourne Business School offers its flagship program in the form of a Full-time MBA in addition to a Master’s in Marketing and MBA joint degree.
- Melbourne Business School has received programmatic and specialized accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS.
- The school is also home to two world-leading research centres in Management including the Center for Sustainability and Business and the Center for Business Analytics.
- Melbourne Business School is a highly selective business school with an acceptance rate of just 37%.
- The school also awards generous scholarships to assist students with tuition fees which are funded by private donors, the university, and the Australian government.
- Melbourne Business School ranks 1st in Australia for its MBA programs as per QS, Times Higher Education, and Financial Times Business Ranking 2022.
- MBS is home to over 200 student clubs and associations.
- The average salary for an Executive MBA from Melbourne Business School is 1,26,000 AUD (INR 68L).
- The average salary for MBA from Melbourne Business School is 1,18,000 AUD (INR 64L).
- Melbourne Business School partners with enterprise and government organizations to co-design customized learning solutions that address their particular challenges through specialist centres, events, roundtables, and expert recruiters
- Melbourne Business School provides learning solutions including short courses, adapted to client’s needs, fully customized programs to enhance organizational performance and culture, and coaching for individuals or teams.
University of Melbourne MBA Rankings
Ranking of the institution plays an important role during course selection. The following table shares the MBA ranking received by Melbourne University / Melbourne Business School:
|Times Higher Education Rankings 2022||33||1|
|QS World University Ranking 2022||37||2|
|QS Global MBA Rankings 2022||26||1|
|QS Global EMBA Rankings 2021||29||1|
|FT Business School Rankings 2022||97||1|
|The Economist Full-time MBA Ranking 2021||34||1|
University of Melbourne MBA Fees
MBA fee varies from course to course at the University of Melbourne.
|Master of Business Administration||AU$ 92,250 (INR 51.42 lakhs)|
|Executive MBA||AU$ 111,600 (INR 62.21 lakhs)|
|Senior Executive MBA||AU$ 135,900 (INR 75.79 lakhs)|
Admission Process of the University of Melbourne
Check out the University of Melbourne MBA admission process in the following points.
- An undergraduate degree of 3 or 4 years minimum from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Candidates are also required to submit at least two years of documented working experience;
- A SOP (Statement of Purpose) letter outlining why the student wishes to be considered for that course in the university;
- GMAT minimum score requirement- 560
- GRE minimum score requirement- 310 with a minimum score of 157 on Quantitative Section and 152 on the verbal section.
- IELTS score minimum requirement of 7.0 overall with no individual score less than 6.5
- TOEFL iBT scores a minimum of 102, and written score minimum of 24 and no band less than 21
- PTE overall score minimum of 65 with writing skill of minimum 65 and no other communicative skill below 50.
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to Australia!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for an MBA at the University of Melbourne:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, Australia students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
- Graduation transcripts
- Post-graduation transcript if completed
- Evidence of citizenship (Passport)
- Name and contact details of two professional references.
- CV/ Resume (updated)
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Statement of Purpose
Cost of Living in Melbourne
Before enrolling at the university, international students must prepare their finances in advance. The total annual living costs include the following items.
|Particulars||Estimated Amount Annually|
|Accommodation||19,000-38,000 AUS $ (INR 10 lacs – 20.5 lacs)|
|Health Insurance||1,330 AUS $ (INR 71,066)|
|Food and Groceries||4,160 – 7800 AUS $ (INR 2.2 lacs – 4-16 lacs )|
|Bills||50 – 100 AUS $ (INR 2,670 – 5,340 )|
|Miscellaneous||1000 AUS $ (INR 53,408 )|
Melbourne Business School provides a range of scholarships worth $2.7mn to the students that encourage diversity, provide opportunity and reward talent.
|BP Australia Scholarship in Business Analytics||50000$ (INR 27L)||Master of Business Analytics||All|
|Clemenger BBDO Scholarship||50000$ (INR 27L)||Full-time MBA
|Dean’s International Management Scholarship||Full Tuition Fee||Full-time MBA||International Students|
|Dean’s Scholarship for Women and Management||50000$ (INR 27L)||Senior Executive MBA||All|
|Diversity Excellence Scholarship||50000$ (INR 27L)||Full-time MBA||All|
|Helen Macpherson Smith Fellowship||30000$ (INR 16L)||Full-time MBA
|Kraft Heinz Scholarship||60000$ (INR 32L)||Full-time MBA
|MBS Foundation Indigenous Leadership Scholarship||Full Tuition Fee||Full-time MBA
Senior Executive MBA
|Australian Indigenous applicants|
|MBS Scholarship||Not Fixed||Full-time MBA
Senior Executive MBA
|SEMBA Class of 2003 Scholarship||50000$ (INR 27L)||Full-time MBA
Senior Executive MBA
Master of Business Analytics
|Wandering Warriors Scholarships||Full Tuition Fee||Full-time MBA
Worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
Melbourne Business School community organizes regular recruitment events, CEO classroom visits, industry internships and class subjects that involve working with real clients. Melbourne Business School has a 90-95% placement success rate. The average salary for MBA from Melbourne Business School is 1,18,000 AUD (INR 64L). The average salary for an Executive MBA from Melbourne Business School is 1,26,000 AUD (INR 68L).
In its 10 days program module, MBS provides both on-campus i.e. seven days as well as global exposure i.e., three days to the program attendees. In three days overseas visit module these senior leaders got the opportunity to visit the world’s top companies from Asia, Europe, and North America and have first-hand experience about the issues changing the face of business and their solutions.
Yes, it is based on the year 2022 ranking report published by QS and Times Higher Education.
Students need to have documentary proof of a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the management field.
Are you planning to study MBA at the University of Melbourne but are not sure where to start? Call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 57 2000 for end-to-end guidance from application to Visa process. Kickstart your study abroad journey with us today!