Australia is a popular destination among students planning to study abroad. Australia is home to top-ranked universities offering unique courses. To attract more international students and provide financial aid, scholarships are launched by Australian universities. The undergraduate academic excellence international scholarship in Australia is awarded to students to attract meritorious international students to enrol in undergraduate programs at the University of Technology Sydney. Here are all the details you need to know about the scholarship.
|University of Technology
|No. of Scholarships
|$6,554 (INR 5,38,277)
|International Students Eligible
Also Read: MBA in Australia for Indian Students
The eligibility criteria for receiving this scholarship have been specified below. A student must meet the eligibility criteria to be considered eligible for receiving the scholarship:
- Candidates must be international students i.e. they must not be citizens of Australia and New Zealand
- Candidates must have completed an Australian Year 12 or from any UTS-recognized high school
- Candidates must fulfil all admission requirement criteria to be considered eligible for the UG course at UTS
- Candidates must be enrolled for full-time study at UTS, Sydney. Full-time study at the campus may be either – one on one or online
- This does not apply to distance mode degrees and online degrees
Also Read: Permanent Residency Courses in Australia
The application process for the Undergraduate Academic Excellence International Scholarship isn’t a detailed or lengthy one. UTS International automatically considers all those applying for UG programs at UTS, Sydney from across the globe eligible for this scholarship. Students do not have to fill out any separate documentation or application apart from what’s required.
Also Read: Architecture Schools In Australia
The selection process is based on academic records. Students must have performed well in the Australian Year 12 or any UTS-recognized high school studies equivalent to Australian Year 12, for being awarded the Undergraduate Academic Excellence International Scholarship.
The UTS Undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarships provide AUD 10,000 (INR 5 L) to overseas students enrolled in a UG programme at UTS who want to study in Australia. The scholarship value will be distributed in two equal payments of AUD 5,000 (INR 2L )each and must only be used to cover tuition costs.
- The scholarship will only be awarded during the first two sessions, so the money can only be used to cover the costs of the first two sessions.
- The applicant must make sure they retain their performance for the length of the scholarship. The scholarship may be revoked or suspended if the results are below the standard passing mark.
- Academic advancement is among the requirements for continuing recipients of the UTS Undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain satisfactory academic performance over the two years of the scholarship. This is one of the ongoing recipient eligibility requirements for the UTS Undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- The scholarship may be terminated or suspended if the required average scores are not obtained.
- The recipient must continue to be a student of UTS
- Must be enrolled as a full-time UG student
- The scholarship is not transferable to another UTS program
Leave/ Deferral/ Course Withdrawal:
- All deferral or suspension requests will be approved by the University of Technology, Sydney in case of deferral or withdrawal from the university, the scholarship will be terminated.
To help international students pursue their higher education in Australia without facing financial obstacles there are various bursaries, grants and scholarships available. The Australian Government, universities and various private organisations provide financial aid to international students.
Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship covers 100% of tuition fees.
In order to secure a 15% scholarship at least 5.0/7 or equivalent GPA is required whereas for a 30% scholarship, a student must have a minimum of 6.0/7 GPA.
So, this was all about the Undergraduate Academic Excellence International Scholarship in Australia. Are you also looking for opportunities to study abroad? If the answer is yes, the experts at Leverage Edu can make your journey easier as they will be guiding you throughout the process. To take help from the experts simply register on our website or call us at 1800-572-000.