“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.” Accuracy, Brevity and Clarity – these three pillars of Journalism have held the temple of this critically significant field. We cannot emphasize the importance of news and media enough yet, we can try to grapple with the fact that there are several people out there who are withstanding harsh temperatures, intense socio-political conditions, exercise the right to speech and free press and provide us with the knowledge of what is happening in the world. But with the passage of time, Journalism career has evolved as a field and has extended its base. From news reporting via print channels, there are journalists who are reporting cultural events, engaging in creative writing for magazines and online blogs as well as providing a daily dose of news on Youtube. So, if you are compelled by the charm of this field, Masters of Journalism and Mass Media might be the right fit for you!
This Blog Includes:
What is Masters in Journalism?
Analyzing the contemporary forms of media and journalism, master’s degree courses employ an extensive range of research methods to engage in historical and textual analysis, political and socio-economic conditions to build the foundation. Being a 1 to 2-year degree courses, the curriculum is crisp and provides an in-depth study of the different types of mass media, their role and impact on the society, laws pertaining to media, history of different forms of media and their different techniques.
To get enrolled in a Masters in Journalism courses, students would be required to fulfil certain eligibility conditions that are universally accepted by institutions across the world. So, it would be prudent for you to prepare the documents and fulfil the conditions listed below:
- Bachelor of Journalism or related Journalism courses after 12th from a recognized institution with minimum qualifying GPA.
- English-language proficiency test scores in IELTS, TOEFL or PTE.
- GRE score
- Some universities may ask for a minimum required work experience.
Note: These are the condensed eligibility requirements based upon the certain conditions of different universities around the world. If you want to know the requirements of a particular university, it is imperative that you visit the official university’s website.
Masters of Journalism Courses
Journalism is a broad field that involves multifarious domains catering to different aspects of the industry. So, if you want to get yourself enrolled in a program in mass media, you can browse through the extensive list of courses that we have curated for you where your creativity, writing, communication and research skills are invaluable.
- MA in Journalism
- Master of Journalism
- MS in Journalism
- Juris Doctor in Journalism
- MS/MBA in Journalism
- MS in Journalism and Computer Science
- MS in Journalism or Master of International Public Affairs
- MA in Journalism – Politics
- MS in Data Journalism
- MS in Journalism – Documentary
- MA in Journalism – Arts and Culture
- MA in Journalism – Business and Economics
- MS in Journalism – Politics, Policy and Foreign Affairs
- MS in Journalism – Social Justice and Investigative Reporting
- MS in Journalism – Media Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MA in Communication – Journalism Studies
- MA in Journalism – Science, Health and Environmental Reporting
- MA in Journalism – Literary Reportage
- MA in Journalism – News and Documentary
- MA in Journalism – Magazine and Digital Storytelling
- MA in Journalism – Cultural Reporting and Criticism
- MA in Sports Journalism
Top Global Universities
Studying in highly regarded institutions has a direct impact on the kind of opportunities we are exposed to such as the faculty, competitive environment, internship opportunities, etc. So, if you get yourself enrolled in the best institutions around the world, your teaching-learning experience would be highly enriched and your growth would be really impressive. Here are some of the highly reputed institutions offering Masters in Journalism:
- Stanford University
- Columbia University
- Northwestern University
- University of Washington
- New York University
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of British Columbia
- University of Illinois
- Boston University
- University of Southern California
- The University of Queensland
- University of New South Wales
- Monash University
- Michigan State University
- University of Maryland
- Georgetown University
- University of Arizona
Career Prospects[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
With a broad range of interesting career opportunities post a Masters in Journalism, you can look for some intriguing jobs in different domains pertaining to Journalism and Mass Communication. Some of the most prominent and lucrative job avenues in Journalism are:
- Content Curator
- Content Marketer
- News Reporter
- PR Specialist
- Social Media Specialist
- Information Director
- Media Correspondent
- TV Anchor
- Campaign Manager
- How to Become a Public Relation Officer
- How to Become a Content Writer
- How to Become a Voice Over Artist
Those who have an interest in the domain of academic studies can further expand their knowledge base and get themselves enrolled in a doctorate degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. You may also progress further in the domain of teaching and become a professor at a reputed institution.
Bonus [Read Related Blogs on Mass Media Courses]
- Public Relations Courses
- Mass Communication Courses after 12th
- Mass Communication Course
- BMM Subjects
- Multimedia Courses
- Digital Advertising Course
- Radio Jockey Course
- Masters in Mass Communication
- Masters in Advertising
- MBA in Media Management
- Voice Over Artist Jobs
Our liberty depends on the independence of the press and that can never be limited without being lost. Working for newspapers or magazines, writing behind the scenes for broadcast networks to managing data on the internet, Masters in Journalism opens the door to ample job opportunities. Want to choose the right place to start your postgraduate career? Get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu to make a blooming profession in Journalism.