One of the many highly recognized fields of medicine in oncology. It is concerned with the detection, prevention, and treatment of cancer. Radiation, medicinal, and surgical are the three main fields of this field. There are also several types of oncologists who specialize in certain aspects of cancer, such as cancer in children, and oncologists who specialize in blood cancer, among other things. Medical professionals who practice oncology are called Cancer specialists or oncologists. These oncologists have a variety of responsibilities. They aid in the diagnosis of cancer, staging of the disease, and evaluating cancer’s aggressiveness. Let’s explore MSc in Oncology, eligibility criteria, the application process, and more.
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Fees||INR 50,000 to INR 15,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 15 LPA to INR 27 LPA|
This Blog Includes:
About MSc Oncology
This degree is designed to assist students in learning more about cancer treatments and solutions. The basics of the disease, epidemiology, prevention, treatment, and patient care are all topics that students can study. Physiology, anatomy, pathology, laboratory analysis, pharmacology, and even patient psychology are all possible topics. Some programs are extremely specialized, while others provide a broad understanding of the industry. Students who earn an MSc degree benefit from a variety of advantages. One of the most important benefits is that it lays a strong basis for medical school, a Ph.D., or any other form of higher education. Furthermore, this program will educate students with critical technical and cognitive skills that will be useful throughout their careers. Medicine and healthcare are two of the fastest-growing areas in today’s job market, and those with a cancer medicine degree can work in a variety of areas.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Medicine or Bachelor of Surgery degree.
- In most cases, they must also have a General Medicine MD.
- It is vital to achieving good results on attempted entrance tests.
- Certain colleges also admit students based on merit, taking into account their CGPA or graduation percentage.
Why should you study MSc Oncology?
- Oncologists have a lot of options when it comes to scope and opportunities. Oncologists that are qualified and can work with a variety of cancer patients are needed in hospitals all over the world.
- Oncologists are increasingly more important to assist treat patients, given the frightening rate at which cancer is growing and spreading. As a result, oncology has branched out into specialties such as radiation oncology, pediatric oncology, and gynecologic oncology.
- All of these sections concentrate on various cancer kinds and treatments. People can also work as research specialists, oncology nurses, MRI technicians, Radiology Technicians, Radiology assistants, and other related positions.
Must Read: Master of Science
|INSTITUTE||ANNUAL FEES (INR)|
|University of Nottingham||26.9 Lakhs|
|Trinity College Dublin||13.6 Lakhs|
|University of Glasgow||24.9 Lakhs|
|University of Cambridge||32.8 Lakhs|
|Brunel University London||27.8 Lakhs|
|King’s College London||26.2 Lakhs|
|University of Birmingham||23.9 Lakhs|
|University of Manchester||29.7 Lakhs|
|University of Oxford||27.8 Lakhs|
Top Colleges in India
- CMC Vellore
- St Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- AIIMS Delhi
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- IMS BHU
- VIMS Bangalore
- MMC Chennai
Syllabus for MSc Oncology
This is a more advanced discipline, and students are taught through internships, theory, and experimentation as methods of the practical application of knowledge. The Oncology Postgraduate degree is a one to two-year school that teaches oncology and its various forms.
- Molecular Oncology
- Tumor Biology – Cause of cancer
- Malignant diseases
- Cancer-related genes
- Hereditary cancer
- Molecular tumor pathology
- Biological behaviors of tumors
- Major treatment principles of cancer
- Stepwise transformation of tumors
- Novel and developing treatments
- Cell cycle control and apoptosis
- Cancer epidemiology
- Tumor progression and metastasis
- Study design: trials (cross-section, case-control, etc)
- Tumor Virology
- Epidemiological concepts: confounding and selection bias, etc
- Interaction between malignant and normal cells
- Statistical Models and Methods
- Research Methodology
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked. Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favorite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Because oncology is such a broad field, it has spread out over time to treat and cure various types of tumors. General oncology, which deals with all types of cancer, radiation oncology, which specializes in the treatment of cancer with radiation, pediatric oncology, which deals with and treats cancer in infants, children, and teenagers, and gynecologic oncology, which deals with cancer that develops in the female reproductive system.
|JOB PROFILE||AVERAGE SALARY|
|Radiation Oncologist||INR. 27.6 Lakh p.a. (Approx.)|
|Gynecologic Oncologist||INR. 12 Lakh p.a. (Approx.)|
|Pediatric Oncologist||INR. 25 Lakh p.a. (Approx.)|
|Medical Oncologist||INR. 18.5 Lakh p.a. (Approx.)|
AIIMS, Homi Bhabha National Institute, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Center (JIPMER), Madras Medical College, and others are among the medical schools in India.
Oncology is a medical specialty that focuses on cancer prevention, diagnosis, and therapy.
Government and commercial hospitals, other medical-healthcare facilities, specialized cancer hospitals, and even educational institutions are all places where cancer is treated.
Hope you liked our blog on MSc Oncology. Are you planning to study abroad? Then call our specialists at 1800 572 000 and book your free demo!