The major reason why many choose to become a Nursery Teacher is the personal reward and satisfaction it brings along. Nursery teachers or educators have the golden opportunity to make a difference in young lives. Being patient is the key to understanding the needs of young learners. If you are someone who is passionate and patient, then becoming a Nursery Teacher can be a great choice for you. A DEd is one such program that equips you with training and skills to become a nursery school teacher. Continue reading to know more about the DEd Course.
This Blog Includes:
D.Ed Course Details
|Full-Form||Diploma in Education|
|Duration||Course Duration of Diploma in Education [D.Ed] is 2 Years.|
|Age||No Age Limits|
|Subjects Required||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Science subjects|
|Average Fees Incurred||The average D.Ed Course Fee in India ranges from 15,000 to 70,000 per annum.|
|Similar Options of Study||B.Ed, D.El.Ed, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||The average D.Ed Course Salary in India is 2.3 lakh per annum|
What is a DEd?
DEd is also known as Diploma in Education is a certificate level teacher training program. The course is specifically designed for elementary-level teachers. The duration of the DEd course varies for the institution you may have applied for. It takes around 1-3 years to complete the course, depending on the chosen institution. The DEd course is available both in full and part-time mode.
Why Choose D.Ed?
A D.Ed graduate has several and profitable employment options. The course is regarded as the foundation of one of the most promising professions in terms of compensation and job stability, in addition to the enormous amount of respect that a teacher commands across the world. Newly minted teachers have one of the greatest employment rates among all graduates and are in high demand, particularly those who have specialised training. D.Ed career prospects are proliferating and growing at an alarming rate.
Schools desperately require highly skilled, professional instructors to increase educational quality. Teachers at the secondary level must have a degree in their functional area as well as a Diploma in Education. A certification course works to convey to school officials that the applicant holding this degree is a valued asset to the institution and will have a beneficial influence on your pupils.
The ideal teacher should be able to cope with youngsters of all mentalities and socioeconomic backgrounds while cultivating each child’s individual abilities and ideals. The teaching profession is seen as a particularly noble contribution to society, since the ability to influence future generations is critical to society’s pillars.
The D.Ed course prepares students to grasp the psychological principles of growth and development while studying the individual peculiarities of the pupils they teach, allowing for a better knowledge of their expectations and requirements. Because teaching at the high school level is a difficult profession, candidates must be outspoken and eloquent in their speaking, as well as problem solvers. Earning a Master of Education or a Master of Arts in teaching is a great method to expand your expertise.
The subjects included in the D.Ed course curriculum are mentioned below. While the core of the subject list is maintained in most universities across the country, the curriculum in other countries deviates slightly.
- Education in a New Indian Society
- Psychology in Education
- Secondary Education: Problems and Issues
- Technology of Information and Communication
- Teaching Methods
List of D.Ed Colleges
Many colleges provide instruction in the D.Ed programme. The following are some of the best universities in India that provide D.Ed programmes:
|Sl.No||Name of the College|
|1||Kasturi Ram College Of Higher Education, New Delhi|
|2||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi|
|3||Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi|
|4||Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar|
|5||Amity University, Lucknow|
|6||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi|
|7||ICFAI University, Dehradun|
|8||Lady Irwin College. New Delhi|
|9||Dr D.Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society’s, Pune|
|10||University of Lucknow, Lucknow|
DEd Course Syllabus
The DEd Course typically includes theoretical and practical subjects. Here’s a list of the subjects taught in the DEd course:
- Education in Emerging Indian Society
- Educational Psychology
- Child Development and Learning
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Secondary Education: Issues & Problems
- Information & Communication Technology
- Methods of Teaching
- Regional Language
- English Language Teaching
- Environmental Science Teaching
- Mathematics Teaching
- Art Education
- Physical Education
- Social Science Teaching
- General Science Education
- Understanding Language and Early Literacy
- Cognition, Learning and the Socio-Cultural Context
- Teacher Identity and School Culture
- School Culture, Leadership and Change
- Pedagogy of Environmental Studies
- Pedagogy of English Language
Practical Subjects include the following:
- Children’s Physical and Emotional Health, School Health and Education
- Creative Drama, Fine Arts and Education
- Work and Education
- School Internship
Eligibility requirements may be different for the different institution but the general criteria for admission to DEd Course is as mentioned below:
- You must have passed class XII in any stream/ graduation/post-graduation from a recognized institution.
- You must have obtained a minimum of 50-60% in your previous qualification to be eligible for the DEd Course.
DEd Entrance Exams
Admission to DEd Course is offered by the following criteria:
- Entrance Exam
Depending on the institution, you will be required to appear and qualify for the entrance test taken by the respective institution. The entrance exam may be conducted on a national level such as CTET or state wise through the following:
- DEd Common Entrance Test Maharashtra (MSCE)
- Arunachal Pradesh DEd Entrance Exam
- Assam SCERT DEd Entrance
- SCERT CG DEd Entrance Exam
- Meghalaya DEd Entrance Exam
- Manipur DEd Entrance Exam
- Haryana DEd Entrance Exam
- Odisha DEd Entrance Exam
- Uttarakhand DEd. Common Entrance Test
- Jharkhand DEd Entrance Exam
- MP DEd Entrance Exam
- SCERT Punjab DEd Entrance Exam
- Kerala DEd Entrance Exam
Admission will be offered on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination which is Class XII.
DEd Entrance Exam Date 2022
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|CTET||July 2022||December 2022|
|SCERT CG D.Ed. Entrance Exam||1st week of April 2022 – 4th week of May 2022||July 2022|
*The exam dates are yet to be announced. You must check out the official website for state-wise exams for registration and exam dates.
DEd Admission Process
The selection for DEd is based on merit or through an entrance exam conducted by the respective institution.
- You must meet the eligibility criteria and then proceed to fill in all the details along with uploading all the necessary documents as required by the institute/university for DEd admission and submit an online application on the respective college/university website you have applied for
- After the successful submission of the complete application form, you’ll have to appear for the entrance exam and qualify for it. And for merit-based admission, a cut-off list will be released by the respective university/college
- Those shortlisted for admission will be further required to pay the fee after the document verification. Admission status will be considered and confirmed only if the documents are verified by the university/college and the requisite fee is paid.
DEd Course Fees
The DEd course fee varies for different universities and colleges. The average cost of pursuing a DEd course ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 1,00,000 depending on the chosen institution.
DEd Course Scope, Jobs and Salary
DEd Course provides students with a great career scope in India and graduates can work both in the public and private sector, depending on their interests, skills, and the type of job they want to choose. A DEd graduate can find jobs in a variety of jobs such as
- School Teachers
- Private tutors
- Online tutors
- Content writers
- Education consultants
- Teacher Assistant
- Education Developer
The salary of a DEd graduate varies for both the sectors, government and private. However, the average salary of a DEd graduate in India is INR 2,00,000 – INR 3,00,000 per annum.
DEd or Diploma in Education is a certificate level teacher training program for nursery teachers.
DEd Fee varies depending on institution type. The average cost of pursuing a Diploma in Education is INR 15,000 – INR 1,00,000.
You must go through the official website of the University/college to apply for admission to the DEd course.
Admission to DEd is done either through Merit or Entrance Exams.
You must have obtained a minimum of 50%-60% to qualify for admission to the DEd Course or pass the entrance exam conducted for the same.
Advanced Educational Psychology By S.Dandapani.
Human Development by Asha Singh
A B.Ed course is an undergraduate course, whereas a D.Ed course is a diploma programme. Applicants with a D.Ed degree are qualified to teach in primary schools, while those with a B.Ed degree are qualified to teach up to class 12.
Are you planning to pursue higher studies abroad? If yes, then feel free to contact Leverage Edu and our experts will then provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today.