Want to become an educator? In the past, education was imparted to children at home teaching them essential life skills and values imparted by their parents and grandparents. With the growing demand of experts in the field of education and training, there is a wide range of degrees, diplomas and certificates offered to equip an individual with the skill set of a teacher, mentor, coach or a professor. In this blog, we will explore all the information regarding Diploma in Education, the best universities for pursuing this program and how this course brings you on the path to gaining foundational knowledge and skills necessary to become a professional in education.
Benefits of a Diploma
Here are some key reasons why a diploma program is an interesting path to undertake:
- Diploma courses can be completed in a relatively short amount of time due to the concise practical nature of the course, unlike a graduation degree. This allows individuals to enter the workforce and procure benefits sooner.
- The cost-effective nature and enrollment procedure of a diploma is quite easier than a full-fledged degree.
- If you know that you’re passionate about a specific field but unsure about the right course to choose, then a diploma is your best friend. You always have a space to test your skills and interests before you actually decide your career.
- The diploma offers you a more conceptualized and skill-oriented study. This allows you to easily acquire practical experience while building a network for job opportunities.
- The element of online learning in diploma helps you to be more flexible with work and learning.
Overview of Diploma in Education
Diploma in Education or D.Ed. is a certificate level education course spanning for 1 year or 2 years, which may vary from institute to institute and country to country. The field of education allows students to experience the formative effect of knowledge on the mind, physical ability, and character. Further, this allows them to deliver the accumulated knowledge, values and skills to others.
Diploma in Education is similar to the following courses, as it has an almost similar course structure:
- Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed)
- Diploma in Teachers Education (D.T.Ed.)
- Junior Basic Training (JBT)
- Elementary Teacher Training (ETT)
Essential Skills Required
- Development of cognitive and technical skills.
- Boosting the potential of self-instruction.
- Enhance the hypothetical understanding of training and tutoring.
- Knowledge about the intellectual, psychological and social aspects of teaching.
- Grasp of profound theoretical and practical lessons essential for effective teaching.
Eligibility to Pursue a Diploma in Education
Following list describes the basic eligibility essentials you need to ensure before applying for a Diploma in Education:
- The applicant should have completed 10+2 or equivalent with an aggregate of 50%.
- The applicant can be from any stream like science, commerce or arts.
- Various universities require TOEFL, IELTS or any other English-language proficiency test. However, this might vary from university to university or college to college.
Courses for Diploma in Education
Diploma in the field of education and learning is the best way to add a new tool to one’s teaching kit. It is more reflective with research-based learning and perfect for individuals aspiring to become skillful teachers and professors. Below is a list of courses that you can choose from to pursue a diploma in the field of education and teaching:
- Primary Education
- Diploma Early Childhood Education
- Education Certificate Programs
- Diploma in Education Assistant
- Secondary Education (Dual Qualification)
- Primary Education and Teaching Studies
- Introduction to Secondary Teaching
- Education Certificate Programs
- Art Education
- TESOL Certificate Program
- Diploma in TESOL
- Certificate in Education and Training
- Teacher Assistant or Aide Diploma
- Business Education
- Certificate in Speciality Education
Universities for Diploma in Education
Diploma in Education can be pursued from one of many online institutions as well as international universities. Below is a list of the major universities and colleges around the world offering diploma programs in Education:
- University of Dundee
- Centennial College
- Vancouver Career College
- Universal Business Academy
- Stenberg College
- UCSC Silicon Valley Extension
- Coventry University
- University of South Wales
- College of Creative Students
- University of California, Riverside
- DN Colleges Group
- International Career Institute
- Monash University
- Auckland University of Technology
- Online Business School
Diploma in Education: Job Prospects
A diploma and certification in the field of education help individuals in enhancing and developing discipline and teaching skills incremental to being a teacher. Below is a list of institutes imparting elementary level education:
- Government Schools
- Private Schools
- Coaching or Private Tuition Classes
- Day Care Centres
After successfully completing a diploma course and acquiring knowledge and skills required, professionals are prepared to work in various educational settings. Below is a list of various job responsibilities that an individual can choose from:
- Teacher or Junior Teacher
- Teacher Assistant and Librarian
- Education Counsellor
- Article Writer
- Record Keeper
- Physical Education Teacher
- Education Developer
- Home Tutor
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Divisional Education Consultant
- Overseas Education Consultant
- Education Coordinator
Thus, a Diploma in Education familiarises you with the essential skill set of becoming a teacher in various fields. If you are confused about choosing a specific specialization for pursuing Diploma in Education, let the Leverage Edu experts guide you in selecting an ideal course to enhance your skills and discover the path of an educator.