The University of Delhi is counted among the top institutions in the country. Established in 1922, the university has 87 departments that offer a great range of courses at the bachelor’s and master’s levels. Thousands of candidates apply for limited seats in various Delhi University courses after the 12th based on their class XII scores. It is also important to note that to take admitted in some courses, one needs to appear for competitive exams. Be it Engineering or Humanities, the university has a spectrum of courses for everyone. Further, those who have a love for teaching can take up the Bachelor of Education course at the DU and for this, you have to appear for one of the most popular BEd exams i.e, DU B.ED exam! Let us now go through the key details pertaining to the Exam.
|Exam Name||Delhi University Bachelor of Education|
|Conducting Body||Delhi University|
This Blog Includes:
DU B.ED Exam 2023 Dates
|DU B.Ed Exam 2023 Last Date to Apply||April, 2023|
|DU B.Ed Exam 2023 Admit Card||Last week of May 2023|
|DU B.Ed Exam 2023||June 05 – 12, 2023|
|DU B.Ed Exam 2023 Results Announced||To Be Announced|
Just like other entrance exams, the candidates must meet the eligibility criteria in order to appear in the exam.
- The applicants must hold a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in Science stream, Commerce stream or Humanities with a minimum of 50% marks.
- It is also important to note that the candidates who have done BTech/ Bachelor of Engineering must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks to be eligible.
- The minimum age to apply for the DU B.ED exam is 21, while the upper age limit is 28.
- The age criterion is applicable for all the categories and there is no relaxation for SC/ST or OBC candidates.
- There is no age limit for those who wish to pursue their B.ED from the university through distance mode, but they should have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree from a recognized university.
In order to apply for the DU B.ED exam, you have to complete the registration process online. Further, you will have to select the teaching subject followed by the examination center from the available options. Once done, the next step would be to upload the scanned copies of the required documents. The final stage is to pay the application fee, details of which are given below:
At the time of registration, a candidate has to select a teaching subject to specialize in. Given below is the list of subjects to choose from.
|Other Languages||Punjabi and Urdu|
DU B.ED Exam Pattern
The exam, which has to be completed in 2 hours has two sections where the first section would be an objective type and will have 3 papers namely, General Awareness, Reasoning, and Language Proficiency. The total weightage if the exam is 100 marks. The Subject Knowledge paper, which forms a part of the 2nd section is descriptive in nature. It should be noted that for every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Further, to qualify the exam, a candidate needs to score at least 65% marks. The qualified candidates will then be shortlisted for the interview. Glance through the table to know the marks of each section of the DU B.ED exam:
DU B.ED Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the exam is divided into three sections-Part A, Part B, and Interview. Let us have a look at the syllabus for DU B.ED exam in detail:
- General English Comprehension or General Hindi Comprehension
- Education and General awareness
- Teaching Learning and the school
- Analytical and Logical reasoning
- Social Studies
DU B.ED Exam Interview
- Subject Knowledge
- Understanding of children
- The potential for critical thinking
- Oral Communication Ability
- General awareness
- Reading Interests
- Social Issues
List of Colleges Accepting DU BED
Amongst all the institutions that are a part of the University of Delhi, here are the ones offering this course-
- Maharishi Valmiki College of Education
- Lady Irwin College
- CIE (Central Institute of Education)
- SPM College
The colleges mentioned above offer the following set of seats per subject-
|Subject||CIE (Central Institute of Education)||Lady Irwin College||Maharishi Valmiki College of Education||SPM College|
The counselling process will be based purely based on the performance in the written examination. Once the merit list is prepared as per the exam scores, candidates will be called out for the counselling process. Stated below are the important documents required during the counselling process-
- Class 10th marksheet
- Mark sheet of all three years of the graduation
- Provisional certificate
- The degree of the qualifying exam
- Required documents to claim for reservation
- Character certificate of the last attended institution
- NOC, if the person in is service
- ID proof
- Print out the application form
- Admit card
- Two latest photos
Dates for DU B.Ed Exam 2023 Results are yet to be announced.
The counselling process will be based purely based on the performance in the written examination. Once the merit list is prepared as per the exam scores, candidates will be called out for the counselling process.
Maharishi Valmiki College of Education
Lady Irwin College
CIE (Central Institute of Education)
DU B.ED exam is your gateway to entering the prestigious University of Delhi to pursue your love for pedagogy. If you have plans to upgrade your teaching skills by taking up teaching courses from the universities abroad, you can take help from our professional counsellors at Leverage Edu who will guide you to choose the university better suited for you!